Post Fanime Thank You! Disney Gathering

Started by maikiritori, April 21, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

maikiritori

Rhoswen_Cosplay will be taking over this gathering! Yay! Thank you for stepping up to make sure this gathering will continue to happen!

The link for the new thread is here:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20238.0.html

I will be locking this thread, so please go check out the new one.
Thank you.

fanime.slickpic.com

OK, in 2013 we ended up having two separate gatherings which sort of worked well for everyone. Last year we tried it again and it worked well, so this year, I'm going to do the same thing.

This gathering will be held Sunday and will be the "Disney Family" gathering. If your character appears on the Disney channel, in a Disney movie or is classic Disney, this is the gathering for you.

The Extended Family Disney gathering link is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18710.0.html

Thank you everyone who showed up to this gathering!! It meant so much to me to see such a huge turnout for my last time organizing this gathering, and subsequently helping to make my last Fanime so incredibly amazing! I hope you all will be as awesome/amazing/spectacular for the next organizer to step up. I will miss these gatherings and all of the friends I have made over the years. Please pull together next year and help each other out as much as possible pre and at con, seeing as the Cosplay Gatherings Department will be going through some major changes. Also, if anyone has a public photo gallery for this gathering, please share it here and in any other appropriate threads. There was no CGD Photography this year.

I will be asking for this thread to be locked after a month, to make the transition to a new organizer as easy as possible.

Day: Sunday
Time:
MP:
L:

Photo Order:
Group
Special Requests
Final Group

This will be my last year as a gathering organizer, due to life circumstances. I will miss all of you.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

PurePlummet

Woohoo~ Thank you so much for organizing, maikiritori! I was getting nervous about whether or not this was going to happen. I will be going as Ping/Warrior Mulan, and my friends will be going as characters from Wreck-It Ralph. They don't have Fanime forum accounts so I will be posting on their behalf.

Mulan:
Ping/Warrior Mulan ~ PurePlummet
Wreck-It Ralph:
Sgt. Calhoun ~ SilverSkye on coscom
Vanellope von Schweetz ~ JustKiwi on coscom
Fix-It Felix ~ mutual friend

Also is the time up for discussion at all? Would it be possible to move it half an hour later to 12PM?
Cosplay Pics ---> +LimitlessEdge+

vixentail

Woooo finally! I'm excited.
I'll be cosplaying as Tinkerbell and I'll also have a Peter Pan, Wendy (I think), and Iredessa! Might have some of the other faeries, but not sure yet!

maikiritori

@PurePlummet: I'll send off a PM to B about the time. She wants this gathering to happen as much as I do. We'll try to work it out for everyone.

maikiritori

The FMA gathering is happening @ G4 @12, so changing the time a little later isn't going to work out so well. But I am working the CG Department, so that will affect the times that I can organize the gathering. I'm willing to work around my schedule some to make this happen. I'm going to start a poll to see what times will work out best. :D Let's try and find something that works for everyone.

PurePlummet

Great, thanks! We were actually able to change our schedule around a bit as well so an 11:30AM time works fine for us now. But I still think a poll is a good idea for finding out what works for others. Thanks again!
Cosplay Pics ---> +LimitlessEdge+

Touya no Miko

I'm going to be concubine disguise Mulan (The one she wears when rescuing the emperor)
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

maikiritori

Amaya

I might be there as Merida if I can get the cosplay done in time  :)
Cosplay Plans For 2013-2014:
Alice {Pandora Hearts}
Merida {Brave}
SeeU {Vocaloid}
Asuna {Sword Art Online}

Cosplay_Rose

I'm pretty intent on crashing this gathering as Clyde from Pac-Man/Wreck-It-Ralph.

maikiritori

merkymerx

Hello! I'd love to be able to join your gathering! I'll be doing Capt. Jack Sparrow on Sunday :)

mvalentine333

YAY! a disney gathering :D I'll be cosplay as Matchmaker mulan (where she has all that make up and umbrella) So we have 3 different types of Mulans ^^ I'm very exited

maikiritori

demetria656

I might be coming as Kida and my friends as Milo,Vinny, and Audrey.
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

piggyflyer

maikiritori

mvalentine333

When will the gathering have a scheduled time? Sorry to sound impatient, i'm just so exited!

maikiritori

Well, since no one has voted on the poll, we're sticking with Sunday at 11:30. I guess I should update the first post to reflect that. :P

maikiritori