FanimeCon 2013 Karaoke Contest Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 22, 2013, 12:43:47 AM

ga-ko

I had a question on songs. One of my songs is sorta karaoke in the sense that the main singer of the song's vocals are gone, there still are backup singers voices still heard but they're not singing the main lyrics of the song, just added in here and there and they're not singing the entire length of the song.

Is this allowed? I did not edit the song to be this way, it is exactly how I found it.

princesskitty18

Quote from: ga-ko on May 07, 2013, 02:41:05 PM
I had a question on songs. One of my songs is sorta karaoke in the sense that the main singer of the song's vocals are gone, there still are backup singers voices still heard but they're not singing the main lyrics of the song, just added in here and there and they're not singing the entire length of the song.

Is this allowed? I did not edit the song to be this way, it is exactly how I found it.
thats fine
if there are any vocals in the song, the tech will tone down the vocals in order to hear your voice more clearly
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Takeo77

Can we bring a DVD in place of a CD?

Nina Star 9

I have a question!

I'm probably going to try for at-con signups, so I'd like to ask this before I choose my songs. I'm between two songs right now for prelims -- one has a good stopping point at 1:06, and the other has a point stopping point at 2:07. I guess this question comes in two parts: will it hurt us if the song is a bit short, though it is a minute of solid singing?; is there a slight "grace period" so a song that is only a few seconds over the 2:00 mark will be faded out -after- the end of the singing?; if not, will it hurt us to have the last couple of words/notes chopped off at the end of the performance? I think that you guys have allowed for a slight grace period in the past, but with the shorter time limits this year, I'm not sure if you will be doing that again. Knowing if there is a grace period or if a song that uses only a little over half the time allowed will hurt me will greatly affect my choice. (I might also just go with whatever my mood is the day of, haha~ The 2:07 song is a little crazy)

Thank you. :)

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 16, 2013, 08:21:17 PM
I have a question!

I'm probably going to try for at-con signups, so I'd like to ask this before I choose my songs. I'm between two songs right now for prelims -- one has a good stopping point at 1:06, and the other has a point stopping point at 2:07. I guess this question comes in two parts: will it hurt us if the song is a bit short, though it is a minute of solid singing?; is there a slight "grace period" so a song that is only a few seconds over the 2:00 mark will be faded out -after- the end of the singing?; if not, will it hurt us to have the last couple of words/notes chopped off at the end of the performance? I think that you guys have allowed for a slight grace period in the past, but with the shorter time limits this year, I'm not sure if you will be doing that again. Knowing if there is a grace period or if a song that uses only a little over half the time allowed will hurt me will greatly affect my choice. (I might also just go with whatever my mood is the day of, haha~ The 2:07 song is a little crazy)

Thank you. :)

At 2:00, the tech crew will start fading out. So it's not a cut off at 2:00, it's a gradual decrease of the music's volume.
And no, there is no penalty to have the last few words cut off.

Quote from: Takeo77 on May 10, 2013, 02:44:35 PM
Can we bring a DVD in place of a CD?

Answer from our Technical Section: Not all DVDs may work on our system. If you wish to use a DVD, please bring it during the warmup period so we can test it out. Please have a CD ready as backup in case the DVD does not work.

Nina Star 9

Alright, thank you, Hank. :) That helps a lot in my potential choice!