Has anyone met their significant other at the fanimecon?

Started by mookiebear, April 22, 2013, 06:01:16 PM

mookiebear

I'm just curious. I'm sure some have, I mean there's soooo many people and I'd assume somewhere among those people someone would click together. Just curious :P.
]

echoshadow

Well, I haven't got that close as gf/bf but at another anime con (Anime Expo) I did meet a girl and we just hit it off on the second day and we hanged out the rest of the con. Sadly she was from the east coast and we kind of lost touch after she graduated.

So yes I think it is possibe, for starters we did have a common intrest.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

tinyhotdog

Oh sure, I've meet a bunch of people who've told me they ended up dating someone that they met at a convention. And I've always liked how easy-going and friendly convention people are. But personally, I haven't had the experience before, only because the guys who've approached were either drunk or trying to invite me to a hentai party.

princesskitty18

i re-met my current boyfriend at fanime 2011
i had met him two years prior but he was dating my friend at the time and i was wit someone else
when i met him at fanime, i was single and he was single
because we knew each other before, we just hung out and chatted as friends
and then started dating 2-ish months later in the middle of july

i can honestly say that if i hadnt met him at fanime again, i wouldnt be dating him right now
dating almost 2 years now :)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

otakuya

Met my significant other through a group of friends that regularly attend Fanime and cosplays and stuff. I started attending alone and used to feel depressed about not finding anyone; forum users like RyuHayabusa knows. But I cheered myself up and look at me now.

One BIG problem, her birthday is always on Fanime, and she doesn't really want to go to Fanime. I usually give up a day of Fanime to celebrate with her.

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Otakuya on April 24, 2013, 10:51:06 PM
Met my significant other through a group of friends that regularly attend Fanime and cosplays and stuff. I started attending alone and used to feel depressed about not finding anyone; forum users like RyuHayabusa knows. But I cheered myself up and look at me now.

One BIG problem, her birthday is always on Fanime, and she doesn't really want to go to Fanime. I usually give up a day of Fanime to celebrate with her.
awwww, thats so sweet of you. :)
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Maskenlav

I was close to with a Tachibana Kanade some Fanime ago I think, 2011? I wasn't Angel Beats but in a uniform similar and she dragged me along as Hinata since I had blue hair. We clicked and enjoyed the weekend but 2 things got to me. 1. she didn't live in Cali 2. her age at the time :( (big bummer)
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

el_caifan

Quote from: tinyhotdog on April 23, 2013, 02:47:27 PM
Oh sure, I've meet a bunch of people who've told me they ended up dating someone that they met at a convention. And I've always liked how easy-going and friendly convention people are. But personally, I haven't had the experience before, only because the guys who've approached were either drunk or trying to invite me to a hentai party.

You mean girls don't like hentai parties?!!
somos como gatos en celo
somos una célula que explota
y esa no la paras, no la paras
no, no

ultrazyn

i met a girl at fanime last year, didn't work out because it was a long distance relationship. We are still friends though ^_^

PinkHairSasuke

I haven't met a significant other there and neither have my friends. The most I've gotten with a girl that I've met at Fanime was a really emotionally intimate relationship. We didn't think about dating because of the distance but we had a tight emotional bond. We talked about a lot of personal things with each other. This was years ago though, we recently lost contact. I do believe its possible to meet a significant other at con though.

echoshadow

It really does seem like from everyone's experience we are able to meet some one, but due to the distance it just never works out.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Lucifargundam

I learned that you have better chances at finding a date at BnW Ball than at SpeedDating.  I was entirely single this year :( I made up for it with some purchases from Dealers hall to try and cheer me up :'(

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

djmonolith

This is my signature.

limDsage

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

djmonolith

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 29, 2013, 12:01:08 PM
I was entirely single this year :( I made up for it with some purchases from Dealers hall to try and cheer me up :'(

ExACTLy!!!

Thank goodness for Dealers Hall!
This is my signature.

TheMaKaKi

This is what Speed Dating is for :P Lols shameless pluggg

Stop by next year :D hopefully with finished construction, we will be able to hold more rounds and have more new exciting events!

As to the question at hand, no I haven't met them AT FanimeCon but I always manage to pull them to go to FanimeCon with me x3
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Saki Usagishi

To be quite honest I hear more about break ups during FanimeCon O_O
A friend of mine had to deal with his sister breaking up with her bf during Fanime last year.

Also every year you do hear about proposals at Fanime. I believe last year's was at a Hetalia gathering and one was this year at Masquerade.

Personally for me though I dragged my fiance into this magical world of cosplay. It's strengthened our relationship, and we look forward every year to going.

renalcul

From my experience Fanime is where i meet people that i chat with online and then we realize that we don't work in reality and then we never talk again.

It's probably me.

Naiagu

My friend found someone he liked at Fanime 2 years ago. Sad to say it didn't turn out well. He found out after Fanime she had a boyfriend and was using him as a backup. :[ My advice is to be careful about dating someone you meet at Fanime.

My first ever question would be "are you seeing someone?" 2 years ago I wasn't aware someone liked me. I danced with him once at the rave and we talked for maybe 20 minutes. He ended up adding me on facebook where he found out I was already seeing someone. I felt really bad. I didn't think I was leading him on. I had been dating for 3 years already and was older than him.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)