Has anyone met their significant other at the fanimecon?

Started by mookiebear, April 22, 2013, 06:01:16 PM

djmonolith

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 01, 2013, 04:55:41 PM
This is what Speed Dating is for :P Lols shameless pluggg

Stop by next year :D hopefully with finished construction, we will be able to hold more rounds and have more new exciting events!

Uhhh... I am really really ugly.  That would be a bad idea.
This is my signature.

TheMaKaKi

Proud to say we encourage mutual attraction through your interests/hobbies. That's how Speed Dating is supposed to work. Picking the hottest person in the room but with NOTHING in common with you is not suggested lol. Looks fade but mutual interests last :) There's someone for everyone out there, I believe! Keep good faith!

Quote from: djmonolith on June 03, 2013, 02:35:20 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 01, 2013, 04:55:41 PM
This is what Speed Dating is for :P Lols shameless pluggg

Stop by next year :D hopefully with finished construction, we will be able to hold more rounds and have more new exciting events!

Uhhh... I am really really ugly.  That would be a bad idea.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

renalcul

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 03, 2013, 03:06:24 PMPicking the hottest person in the room but with NOTHING in common with you is not suggested lol.
Hot people need love too :[

kookiekween99

Sort of. We had been talking online for about two years, and Fanime was when we finally met in person. We've been going strong for almost five years now. <3
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Amanojaku

FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: renalcul on June 03, 2013, 03:20:10 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 03, 2013, 03:06:24 PMPicking the hottest person in the room but with NOTHING in common with you is not suggested lol.
Hot people need love too :[
Agreed haha

djmonolith

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 03, 2013, 03:06:24 PM
Proud to say we encourage mutual attraction through your interests/hobbies. That's how Speed Dating is supposed to work. Picking the hottest person in the room but with NOTHING in common with you is not suggested lol. Looks fade but mutual interests last :) There's someone for everyone out there, I believe! Keep good faith!

Aww, you are so nice.  I used to think that there was someone for everyone out there.  And I am not ugly... I am, however, infinitely interesting.
This is my signature.

JohnnyAR

I ran into a girl whom I considered to be my first love at Fanime last year. It was weird, because she kinda stomped on my heart, you know that kinda thing.

Well, its her lost, man...

EJAY420

To find love at fanime would be nice. To find another soul with the same love for anime culture is just intoxicating. Ive been at fanime since the mid 90s, and i still havent given up hope.
Most Impressive.

djmonolith

Quote from: EJAY420 on June 05, 2013, 06:54:38 PM
To find love at fanime would be nice. To find another soul with the same love for anime culture is just intoxicating. Ive been at fanime since the mid 90s, and i still havent given up hope.

Yeah!  Keep hope alive!!
This is my signature.

Dr Mario

Solving all your fevers and chills since 1990.

Lucifargundam

What do you all suppose would be the best ways to meet a significant other?

-Gatherings?
-Speed dating?
-BnW ball?
-Rave?
-Meetups?
-Panels?
-Other?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 06, 2013, 12:20:21 AM
What do you all suppose would be the best ways to meet a significant other?

-Gatherings?
-Speed dating?
-BnW ball?
-Rave?
-Meetups?
-Panels?
-Other?
probably either gatherings, panels, or BnW ball. BnW ball seems to be the place people tend to talk and meet. and the gatherings and panels your around people that have the same interest you do. XD
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Alyxiane

I met my last ex at one of the B&W Ball's dance lessons and we saw each other at the Ball itself but with separate dates. We hung out a couple times after Fanime and started dating until we broke it off roughly a year later. We're still good friends afterwards so I can definitely say the B&W Ball is a nice place to find someone. :P

I do believe however that love or whatever you guys want to call it happens unexpectedly so don't stress out too much about it and have fun in the con single or not!!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

dajoo

First words to my girlfriend of 8 years "Can I take your picture?" She was dressed as Skuld from OMG, and I was a fanboy, what can I say? Met her again in October at SJSU anime club where we really started talking. I still have the picture that started it all though.   ;D

jackiemarie90

I talked to him on another forum and found out he lived in the bay area as well. We met at fanime, had good conversations even though he is shy. :P And kept in touch on the other forum. After summer pasted I asked if we could meet again at the japantown festival in san jose, we talked more and before he left asked for his number so we can hang out more. After 3 month of hanging out seeing movies and going to the arcade we finally became a couple and been together for 2 & a half years. :)
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

TheMaKaKi

Pics or it didn't happen :) LOL

Quote from: dajoo on June 07, 2013, 12:17:16 AM
First words to my girlfriend of 8 years "Can I take your picture?" She was dressed as Skuld from OMG, and I was a fanboy, what can I say? Met her again in October at SJSU anime club where we really started talking. I still have the picture that started it all though.   ;D
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

limDsage

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 08, 2013, 06:02:55 PM

I second this? lol

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: limDsage on June 08, 2013, 11:52:23 PM
Quote from: TheMaKaKi on June 08, 2013, 06:02:55 PM

I second this? lol

Thirds lol

LinLinLucy

I met mine on the fanime message boards, Drallcome and I have been together for 9 years and were finally getting married next month :P