Karaoke Contesant Chat Thread [2013]

Started by SuperSheba, April 23, 2013, 06:12:48 PM

asngtrst

hey, guys! I competed last year as well as my first time and made it to finals!  My story is...I decided to join the singing contest for fun since my friends pushed me to do so.  I thought I wouldn't make it to finals, so I didn't prepare a final song...but I ended up being a finalist, so I pulled the first song I knew from the karaoke list haha.  Make sure you pick all your songs, even if you think you might not make it to the finals, just like me haha

My history is:  I'm 20 years old studying Digital Media Art, Business, and currently working as an English tutor for Japanese international students and an application consultant for a Japanese start up company, Connectionpool.  I've been a frontman and guitarist for many bands, but I started a new band called, Minor SetbacK, where we write originals in Japanese.  We have so far performed with famous J-Rock/con bands, such as Phoenix Ash, The Stars at Dusk (aka Valkyrie Kiss), and akai Sky.  My influences are androp, ONE OK ROCK, Motohiro Hata, etc.

I am planning to compete again, cause I thought it'd be fun to do so again!  I hope seeing familiar and new faces next year! :)
Huehuehuehuehue

loconeko

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 03, 2013, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: SuperSheba on May 02, 2013, 04:40:52 PM
BTW, do you know if Chi is coming this year?  If he is, don't let him miss sign ups this year.  Last year he forgot to sign up because he was gaming. XD  I died inside.  Chi needed to compete because he is awesome sauce.

i know right? stupid idiot.. hahah
he texted me sometime last week-ish asking me and i said that i probably was gonna
ill text him today or tmr reminding him that SIGN UPS ARE ON SUNDAYYYY!!
OHHHMAHHHGAWDDDD
lauren: ur signing up too right??

Yes ma'am! I talked to Chi two weeks ago and he wasn't sure about competing. You ladies should convince him. ;D

Quote from: asngtrst on May 03, 2013, 03:11:36 PM
hey, guys! I competed last year as well as my first time and made it to finals!  My story is...I decided to join the singing contest for fun since my friends pushed me to do so.  I thought I wouldn't make it to finals, so I didn't prepare a final song...but I ended up being a finalist, so I pulled the first song I knew from the karaoke list haha.  Make sure you pick all your songs, even if you think you might not make it to the finals, just like me haha

My history is:  I'm 20 years old studying Digital Media Art, Business, and currently working as an English tutor for Japanese international students and an application consultant for a Japanese start up company, Connectionpool.  I've been a frontman and guitarist for many bands, but I started a new band called, Minor SetbacK, where we write originals in Japanese.  We have so far performed with famous J-Rock/con bands, such as Phoenix Ash, The Stars at Dusk (aka Valkyrie Kiss), and akai Sky.  My influences are androp, ONE OK ROCK, Motohiro Hata, etc.

I am planning to compete again, cause I thought it'd be fun to do so again!  I hope seeing familiar and new faces next year! :)

Uh oh! Minor Setback is competing! AWESOME! :P

CC Lemon

Hi >.<
I'm CC and I'm competing this year. o.o Uhm, I'll be the girl in the Konata cosplay. This is my first 3 day Fanime, though I went last year at Sunday night since I had just come back from a trip >.>
Nice to meet everyone. Good luck and let's trade tumblrs/fbs? xD

Angelx624

A friend of mine and I are thinking about entering.

"Go-On Wings" from Go-Onger would count as J-pop, right? D:

Also I would freaking love to sing the Gokaiger theme. T__T
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

asngtrst

[/quote]

yeah!! representing my band up on stage this year! are you competing too?!  represent the local j-rock scene with me! :)

The songs I'm planning to sing are:

Prelim:  "Asa Ga Kuru Mae Ni" by Motohiro Hata // 秦基博の「朝が来る前に」 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpAOLEsjB2k
Final:  "Home" by Kiyama Yusaku (木山 裕策) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eioiTTG1AVQ

I'm also planning to do AcoustiKaraoke with my band and perform original Japanese songs!

When you guys see me, feel free to approach me, cause I might not approach you LOL <---shy
Huehuehuehuehue

Tris-chan

Competing for the first time in...jeez, I think 3 years? I want to say 3. Been a while anyway, and now that I'm an old-ass woman I care less about how I do and more about having fun :)

Going to be doing Heart Gata Virus by AKB48 and Tiny Star by Moumoon.

xMuffinPants

Hi guys! I'm entering the main karaoke contest for the first time this year. Hopefully my submission is accepted. This is gonna be my third year coming to Fanime; I've been wanting to enter this contest in all the past years but I've never been able to come on the Friday the contest is held.

I have a quick question for any of you that have been in the contest in the past; if it comes to it, are we able to change our song choices during warm ups/sound check or are the songs we put on our submission set in stone? I've just submitted my form but I may want to change it later  :-[

princesskitty18

Quote from: xMuffinPants on May 07, 2013, 07:48:29 PM
I have a quick question for any of you that have been in the contest in the past; if it comes to it, are we able to change our song choices during warm ups/sound check or are the songs we put on our submission set in stone? I've just submitted my form but I may want to change it later  :-[

you can change the songs when you check in. but that's the last time. i know that im personally going to change my final song (if i get in) but check-in is the last time that you can change songs
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

loconeko

Quote from: asngtrst on May 06, 2013, 12:58:00 PM

yeah!! representing my band up on stage this year! are you competing too?!  represent the local j-rock scene with me! :)

The songs I'm planning to sing are:

Prelim:  "Asa Ga Kuru Mae Ni" by Motohiro Hata // 秦基博の「朝が来る前に」 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpAOLEsjB2k
Final:  "Home" by Kiyama Yusaku (木山 裕策) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eioiTTG1AVQ

I'm also planning to do AcoustiKaraoke with my band and perform original Japanese songs!

When you guys see me, feel free to approach me, cause I might not approach you LOL <---shy
[/quote]

Hey Andre!  I'm doing the AcoustiKaraoke Contest with the Valkyrie Kiss guys as well.  Can't wait hear you.  ^-^ 

Moogleborg

I'll be singing:

Prelims: Individual System by Tetra-Fang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgPRlZ1MJxA

Finals: Let's Go Rider Kick! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU4JWEYuRVM

I'll also be singing a few other songs at Open Mic. :)
Running on moé, 24/7/365.