Question regarding hotel waitlist

Started by Kuudere, April 28, 2013, 08:48:12 AM

Kuudere

I think I know the answer to this question, but I told my friend I'd double-check here to be sure I wasn't giving her the wrong information. The deadline to cancel a room without penalty was on the 26th, and she's concerned that if she's on the waitlist past that point, and they switch her to her desired hotel, that she will be charged a penalty for the original hotel for canceling with them. I don't think this is the case, but I'd like verification before telling her she's safe being on the waitlist right now.

Also, as for the status of the waitlist, if it's already past the 26th and she still hasn't been moved to the hotel that she wants, what are the chances of her getting it at this point? I believe she's followed all the proper protocol for being waitlisted (having an existing reservation at another hotel and emailing housing about it). Just curious, since it looks like people have already had their requests fulfilled, and she made the request the day she booked (the day that housing opened the site).

Thanks!

kollunz

I literally just received an email saying that I got my waitlist request approve!!
doot

Kuudere

Ah, so I guess that does answer the second question.