How far are you traveling?

Started by djmonolith, April 30, 2013, 07:12:14 AM

Michi

I know plenty of people that come from out of state, and a few that have come from other countries before. I'm coming just an hour and a half away, though. :)

Quote from: Glitch on April 30, 2013, 11:09:49 PM
I'm waiting for the international people to chime in. I know we had someone from England come in once. As well as someone from Canada that comes down every year.

You missed the first international person just 3 posts above you. :p
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

Vasyenka

I'm flying in from New Mexico, and others in my group are flying in from Canada and Connecticut~ c: We're also have friends come over from Montana, Virginia, and SoCal.
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Torai

I live about forty-five miles south of San Jose, but luckily my dad lives very close to the HP Pavillion, (The Shark Tank? Man so many people call it so many things what even,) and it's not at all far from the convention center! So naturally I stay with him because it's so close~

I wasn't aware people who aren't from the US attend Fanime (who aren't guests of honor of course,) so that's pretty awesome to hear! Sometimes I forget how big Fanime really is.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Torai on May 01, 2013, 12:20:27 AM
I live about forty-five miles south of San Jose, but luckily my dad lives very close to the HP Pavillion, (The Shark Tank? Man so many people call it so many things what even,) and it's not at all far from the convention center! So naturally I stay with him because it's so close~

I wasn't aware people who aren't from the US attend Fanime (who aren't guests of honor of course,) so that's pretty awesome to hear! Sometimes I forget how big Fanime really is.
You're in the same vincity as me then :P   I used to have a relative at the east foothills :/

There's a girl from Finland who does one of the karaoke contests :P she's a great singer- really shy though. I too was surprised at first at how so many people from so far away(outside US) come to our little dot on the map! :D Awesome, huh?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Adnarimification

Cosplay Plans:
Mamma Toph - Legend of Korra
Prince Gumball - AdventureTime
Nemesis - Mass Effect 3
Connor Kenway - Assassin's Creed III

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 01, 2013, 12:35:34 AM
There's a girl from Finland who does one of the karaoke contests :P she's a great singer- really shy though. I too was surprised at first at how so many people from so far away(outside US) come to our little dot on the map! :D Awesome, huh?
Ah, that's the one I talked to! She seems very nice, though I didn't talk to her for long, since she is quite shy. Does she fly out just for Fanime?

Barnes

I live about 10 miles south of the con center, blah blah blah.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

djmonolith

Quote from: Barnes on May 01, 2013, 09:30:56 AM

it's kinda' lame... so close, yet too far to walk.  driving and paying for parking every day is so dumb, right?
This is my signature.

Jesse Uppercut

Literally, down the street, I live in Downtown. And even with this being the case, I'm still staying at the Marriott for the full Con experience. Nothing like getting up after a fun filled night with your friends and having breakfast with those same friends. Or if you're like me, you might just go through the whole night right into breakfast!
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

phr34kish

I'm another short distance cheater. Only have to make the drive from Sacramento. ;)

kongrave

Quote from: djmonolith on May 01, 2013, 11:08:24 AM

it's kinda' lame... so close, yet too far to walk.  driving and paying for parking every day is so dumb, right?

I live about 9~ miles away but I get to ride VTA for free due to my school :D

djmonolith

This is my signature.

Aoiro

Oh, man. All these people who live hella close to the convention center! I'm just driving from Sacramento, so it's not too bad.
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

Barnes

Quote from: djmonolith on May 01, 2013, 11:08:24 AM

I'll be staying at a hotel anyway.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Barnes on May 02, 2013, 04:27:43 PM
I'll be staying at a hotel anyway.
High-five for convenience expenses!!! :D

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

BabyBlueJeff

I think it's great that people come from all over to Fanime! It's definitely a convention worth the trip! I'm coming from San Francisco, so it's not too far.

Otaku_Lord

Amtrak from Sacramento to San Jose~

I've known people to come from Asia, but only when Fanime has good guests.
Like during the previous Momoi-years.

djmonolith

Quote from: Otaku_Lord on May 16, 2013, 04:30:46 AM
Amtrak from Sacramento to San Jose~

I've known people to come from Asia, but only when Fanime has good guests.
Like during the previous Momoi-years.

I was just talking to someone about this.  Good guests = higher attendance.  I think this year is going to be rough.
This is my signature.

Oniko

I live only 15 min away but always get a hotel room because it just makes life a little easier as far as cosplay goes.  Not to mention Artist Alley and having to bring everything in and out.

This whole year will be interesting with the construction and things being moved.  Next year we should have all that new space though!
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

WhentheAngelscry

I'm traveling from 20 miles south in beautiful Santa Cruz. I have a friend coming from Oklahoma (though she does live here but she's leaving from school). I have another friend coming from Florida, and one other from Ohio. Two years ago a friend of mine who again grew up here took a plane from her school in Denmark to go to fanime and then went back right after.