Need to pick up my wife's badge

Started by bluefir111, May 06, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

bluefir111

i have a question about day zero badge pick up. My wife wont be able to make it to pick up her badge. if i have her information, reciet with her signature on it, and id will i be able to pick it up. We did not group register so i was wondering if i had all of that would i be able to pick up her badge on day zero
Attended Fanime since 2008. RaveCow since 09, Dj RaveCow since 2011

ewu

Unfortunately, only memberships in groups may be picked up by someone other than the person who's name appears on the badge. Even with authorization, the only way we will release a badge that does not correspond to the proffered identification is through group registration. While we understand that in your situation there is not much of a chance of wrongdoing, our policy is set as such so that we are not placed in the position of accidentally releasing a badge to the wrong person, with or without wrongdoing.

Thanks for your understanding.

Quote from: bluefir111 on May 06, 2013, 09:04:25 PM
i have a question about day zero badge pick up. My wife wont be able to make it to pick up her badge. if i have her information, reciet with her signature on it, and id will i be able to pick it up. We did not group register so i was wondering if i had all of that would i be able to pick up her badge on day zero
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bluefir111

Okay is there a way that i can move her account to my account so i can do a group pick up?

ewu

Quote from: bluefir111 on May 08, 2013, 09:17:30 AM
Okay is there a way that i can move her account to my account so i can do a group pick up?

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of our system. We are working on some solution next year, but for this year, only she may register her membership and pick up her own badge.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bluefir111

okay. Is it possible to mail her the badge AFTER the con if it has not been picked up at all at con?

ewu

Quote from: bluefir111 on May 08, 2013, 04:41:24 PM
okay. Is it possible to mail her the badge AFTER the con if it has not been picked up at all at con?

We can do that. Please email registrationATfanimeDOTcom. It may not immediately get to her after the convention, but it should be mailed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bluefir111

okay thank you
is it possible to mail it before con while we are on that subject?

ewu

Quote from: bluefir111 on May 08, 2013, 04:53:50 PM
okay thank you
is it possible to mail it before con while we are on that subject?

Unfortunately no. Please email registration.

Thanks
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom