One day pass registration- Please improve!!

Started by migitlicious, May 15, 2013, 10:51:47 PM

migitlicious

I know fanime is coming up soon...but I am planning to be in town that weekend and would love to drop by fanime for one day. But the memories of last years line on Saturday gives me nightmares :-[ :-[ It's too bad one day passes aren't on presale but is there any way the registration process can be improved??? If I'm only going to be there one day, it's such a waste to have to spend 5 hours of it standing in line. I know it's not something Fanime can control but it would be nice to have set ups to cover for worst case scenario - printing problems, etc. Also, I counted less than ten laptops last year to cover one day registration for hundreds of people. It just isn't enough!  :-\

M

Quote from: migitlicious on May 15, 2013, 10:51:47 PM
I know fanime is coming up soon...but I am planning to be in town that weekend and would love to drop by fanime for one day. But the memories of last years line on Saturday gives me nightmares :-[ :-[ It's too bad one day passes aren't on presale but is there any way the registration process can be improved??? If I'm only going to be there one day, it's such a waste to have to spend 5 hours of it standing in line. I know it's not something Fanime can control but it would be nice to have set ups to cover for worst case scenario - printing problems, etc. Also, I counted less than ten laptops last year to cover one day registration for hundreds of people. It just isn't enough!  :-\
Our Registration department has been hard at work since June of last year and it's looking like the speed will be vastly improved.

We are looking into pre-registration for single day for future years - no guarantees though.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!