Lines for badges on Thursday

Started by WhentheAngelscry, May 16, 2013, 09:57:53 PM

WhentheAngelscry

I was wondering how long the lines tend to be on thursday and what time most people show up?

djmonolith

I was actually thinking about asking this same question.  I was planning on picking up our badges Thursday - but I might not be able to stay very late.  Friday morning line-up?  I don't want another multi hour wait if possible.

This is my signature.

WhentheAngelscry

well if you're going Friday morning I would recommend showing up sometime before 10am. If you do it will be less than an hour wait. The major line starts around 11:30 -noon.

kongrave

I'm not too sure about how long the line will take on Thursday and considering it's going to be at 7 this year I have no idea when people plan on showing up. The worst part is that on my way home from school I always go right past the Fairmont but that's at around 12pm and I really don't want to wait 7 hours but I don't want to go home just to come back later so I have no idea what to do myself, I'm wondering what time others plan on starting to line up.

Jesse Uppercut

In years past Ive personally seen people line up 2-3 hours prior to the official time they start processing. I'll be making an effort to get there an hour or two before it starts. Im not so hardcore as to show up at 12PM, haha.
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

Naiagu

I am planning on showing up around 5:30pm for the lines on Thursday and I expect by the time I get there, it will be a decently long line that would still take me an extra hour or two after lines open to get to the front. From past experience people tend to try to come as early as they can. Both Thursday and Friday morning are pretty crazy.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

octorok

I get off work at 6:30 and I don't expect to be able to get to the line til 7 or 7:15ish. Is there any point in me trying to get my badge on Thursday at all? ?____? Or do you guys think I should just show up as early as I can on Friday morning?

edit: I don't mind staying as long as it takes on Thursday night, but I'm worried that if I'm still several people back in line at 10pm, they'll just tell me to go home. Then I waited 3 hours for nothing D:

ewu

Quote from: octorok on May 17, 2013, 10:03:27 PM
I get off work at 6:30 and I don't expect to be able to get to the line til 7 or 7:15ish. Is there any point in me trying to get my badge on Thursday at all? ?____? Or do you guys think I should just show up as early as I can on Friday morning?

edit: I don't mind staying as long as it takes on Thursday night, but I'm worried that if I'm still several people back in line at 10pm, they'll just tell me to go home. Then I waited 3 hours for nothing D:

1) we usually only try to cut the line off at 10 and not turn people, but that's not guaranteed because that means we will be regging till 12 and get packed up at 1 and back at reg at 7 to open up the next day. dead staffers bad:( AND 2) we may open earlier than 7 if we can get everything figured out.

So TL;DR, you will probably get your badge even if you show at 7
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

djmonolith

Quote from: ewu on May 17, 2013, 10:23:34 PM

1) we usually only try to cut the line off at 10 and not turn people, but that's not guaranteed because that means we will be regging till 12 and get packed up at 1 and back at reg at 7 to open up the next day. dead staffers bad:( AND 2) we may open earlier than 7 if we can get everything figured out.

Hey Ewu, I have to say you have been very helpful on these boards - thanks.  I am still trying to work out getting in line on Thursday.  But it is looking more and more like I will be standing in line on Friday.  Either case... Fanime has always proved to be quite an adventure.
This is my signature.

ewu

glad that i could help:)

We try our best to make the events and our planning work for as many people as possible. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but that is the nature of trying to please 20,000 people:)

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

djmonolith

Quote from: ewu on May 17, 2013, 10:56:09 PM
glad that i could help:)

We try our best to make the events and our planning work for as many people as possible. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but that is the nature of trying to please 20,000 people:)

Thanks!

I think our ranking on the top 10 list should be better.  This year?  Perhaps not... but this con is awesome and i am proud to say I have been there from the early days.
This is my signature.

octorok

Quote from: ewu on May 17, 2013, 10:23:34 PM

Thanks for the response, ewu~ Good to know Thursday's still an option, but it sounds like it's gonna be quite the wait.

Quote from: WhentheAngelscry on May 16, 2013, 10:57:00 PM
well if you're going Friday morning I would recommend showing up sometime before 10am. If you do it will be less than an hour wait. The major line starts around 11:30 -noon.

I might just end up going on Friday. B: I'd rather just wake up early and wait an hour than wait 3+ hours directly after work.

Freeden

In the past, I've tended to get there early. But the badge hand outs were never so late. I usually have waited several hours in line as I got there early enough. I'll probably show up later this year since badges are going out later, but I'll still be waiting in line for several hours.

otakuya

Wouldn't be surprised to see people starting to camp in line now...

Seriously.

(Realistically, on Day -1 there'll be a line)

vralls13

Since they haven't been too good at getting the word out about the 7 vs 5 start, there will be people showing up 2-3 hours before that.  :-\ So if you really want a good place in line you should keep that in mind.

bsan89

Last year I was 2hr early and I was in the 3 or 4 row...so ima be in line by 4pm this year.