How 2 Dota 2 - What to expect

Started by hoboware, May 17, 2013, 01:27:02 AM

hoboware

Hey guys, this'll be my first panel ever at Fanime in the five or so years I've been going, hopefully it won't be a complete disaster.

Well, for starters, I have no idea what I'll be talking about after the 10-minute introduction I have planned. I plan on introducing the game to new players, supplementing information to moderate players, and hopefully receiving input from high ranked players. There will be a Q&A section as well as some videos and slideshows (possibly/probably).

I need some input on where I should go with this, what do you guys think?

Also, spread the word elsewhere, I need a big turnout to make this worth it.

Mizuki

Hey,

So there's a couple of things you can do. Basically talk about the mechanics of learning the game at a base level, explain roles (support, semi-carry, carry, roamer, etc.), map awareness, etc. There's a lot to talk about when it comes to the basics of DOTA 2 because that's pretty much the biggest hurdle of the game.

Also, not to be mean, but if you have no idea what to talk about and you plan on hosting a panel maybe you should reconsider, but I'm willing to help you out with stuff if you need ideas to inspire you. I'm always down for helping people play and learn Dota, as it isn't something everyone can easily pick up, or even people can teach.

Anyways, when do you have this panel and where?