How do you feel about the construction going on @ fanime? (Short vid included)

Started by dangs, May 18, 2013, 07:54:42 PM

dangs

*Not sure if this topic goes here. If it doesn't please, do whatever you please admins.

I went to Fanime (the building) the other day just to check it out and the front of the building has a huge construction thingy going on! Like I remember last year there was a lot of space to move around in front of the area, but now it looks like there is not going to be any space to move around. Ahh!!! Why did this have to happen? I know they are trying to expand the premise and stuff. But even still, there isn't much walking space for now. I heard back then that there was fountains in front of the convention center, but they took that out. It is sad to see so many changes happen D:

Enough of me talking, how do you feel about the construction going on at the convention center?

Here is the video so you get an idea of what the construction looks like.

http://youtu.be/xHSqPo7Axxk?t=12s
My youtube channel

Cosplay for fanime 2013
Angel Beats! -Otonashi Yuzuru
Vocaloid -Akaito
Gintama! -Shinpachi
K-project -Totsuka Tatara

Meester E

I take light rail to go home from school weekly so I would see the construction everyday since the light rail station is right in front of it. Honestly, I was fine with it. They knocked down the old library and looks like they're expanding the area which can lead to more stuff for Fanime to have available. The basic structure of the building got up (complete with windows!), and I wouldn't be bothered by it because there was a bit of space to walk around. But that all changed when sometime around end of April/beginning of May that they destroyed the fountain I got mad.

lanislori

Quote from: Meester E on May 18, 2013, 09:46:25 PM
Honestly, I was fine with it. They knocked down the old library and looks like they're expanding the area which can lead to more stuff for Fanime to have available. The basic structure of the building got up (complete with windows!), and I wouldn't be bothered by it because there was a bit of space to walk around.
Totally agree. As long as we have more room to party :-D
Plus it's fun watching the progress.

dangs

Quote from: Meester E on May 18, 2013, 09:46:25 PM
I take light rail to go home from school weekly so I would see the construction everyday since the light rail station is right in front of it. Honestly, I was fine with it. They knocked down the old library and looks like they're expanding the area which can lead to more stuff for Fanime to have available. The basic structure of the building got up (complete with windows!), and I wouldn't be bothered by it because there was a bit of space to walk around. But that all changed when sometime around end of April/beginning of May that they destroyed the fountain I got mad.

Oh wow I didn't know they had a library, yea omg why did they had to destroy the fountains!

Quote from: lanislori on May 18, 2013, 10:10:42 PM
Totally agree. As long as we have more room to party :-D
Plus it's fun watching the progress.

Haha I hope we do have more room to party too :D
My youtube channel

Cosplay for fanime 2013
Angel Beats! -Otonashi Yuzuru
Vocaloid -Akaito
Gintama! -Shinpachi
K-project -Totsuka Tatara