Whats up with this weather?

Started by Oniko, May 22, 2013, 10:17:25 AM

Oniko

Its getting colder.  Personally I don't like summer but I don't want to freeze when I go looking for food in my cosplay at night either.
So far Weather.coms forecast is...

Thurs 71H /48L wind 17mph
Fri 71H/ 51L wind 15mph
Sat 72H/ 53L wind 16mph 10% rain
Sun 71H/ 52L wind 16mph
Mon 73H/ 54L wind 16mph
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

phr34kish

I'm looking forward to the cooler temperatures, to be honest. It's better than sweating it out in 90 degree weather where con goers are more likely to get dehydrated. :(

Nikkiolie

I'm in Portland Oregon and this week and last week have been high 40s and raining so some sun and a little bit warming weather will be great!
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

DangerHeart

I'm okay with the cooler weather but the wind.......I hate wind in cosplay, its hard enough to keep a wig looking right.

Naiagu

Every year seems a bit iffy on the weather. 2 years ago it rained one Saturday evening but the weather was generally nice the rest of the days. Last year the weather was nice. Let's hope this year will be too.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Nina Star 9

I'm more worried about the wind than anything. Long wigs? Giant Horns? Huge wings? Yeah, this isn't going to be fun.

amused_

Not looking forward to the wind.  But definitely looking forward to not sweating underneath my robes.

Rhornez

the weather is not bad lol its perfect

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

nemuneko

From what I recall attending Fanime since 2000 or so, the weather tends to be on the cool side and can be a bit windy. I live in Benicia (small town near the bay up north from San Jose) and it was HORRIBLY windy yesterday. I really hope it won't be that bad this weekend. I plan on cosplaying and wearing a long wig, so it will be a challenge if it's windy. So many tangles. -_-

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Rhornez on May 22, 2013, 12:12:41 PM
the weather is not bad lol its perfect
its not windy cold or cloudy!!!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Tsu

I love the cool weather. After an unseasonably warm Winter & most of Spring, I'm going to enjoy San Jose's cooldown.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Oniko

I will say this, it'll be good for AA because for awhile people were worried the tent might get hot.  But yes I agree the wind will be a pain. I hope my skirt stays down. :-X
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Mi Feng

I'm having mixed feelings about this weather. :/ the cooler temps go well with my costumes but the wind... :(

aetherltd

Those of us of the overdressed steampunk persuasion are happy with the weather forecast.

As a local, I'd recommend a jacket or cloak for evening. 

EJAY420

Local news says BREEZY. For the entire con. Keep that in mind. :-)
Most Impressive.

Night_Miquiztli

It wasn't too bad. Wasn't cold at night but it was windy the whole weekend. It was pissing me off cuz i was carrying
a 6ft scythe with three wooden blades that are two feet long.