Experienced Ballroom social?

Started by GoodAsianDriver, May 23, 2013, 11:12:45 PM

GoodAsianDriver

Hey Fanime,

I remember hearing last year that there was a ballroom dance event for veteran/more experienced ballroom dancers. I didn't see anything listed in the schedule this year-- is this still on for 2013?

I'm looking to practice some Latin and rythmn -- hopefully with some out of towners in a social setting.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

princesskitty18

Quote from: GoodAsianDriver on May 23, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
Hey Fanime,

I remember hearing last year that there was a ballroom dance event for veteran/more experienced ballroom dancers. I didn't see anything listed in the schedule this year-- is this still on for 2013?

I'm looking to practice some Latin and rythmn -- hopefully with some out of towners in a social setting.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks

the only thing that i could think of that comes close are either the private lessons or decompression
decompression is saturday night from 9-12. most (if not all) of the staff, instructors, assistants, whoever is left, they stay after and they dance around
i woudln't say its a formal ballroom event but u can dance more experienced
thats the only thing i can think of...
hope that helps
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

GoodAsianDriver

Thanks. I'll try to make it over. Where will it be, exactly? Will you guys be up past midnight? I'm djing and staffing over at the (other) dance and want to head over to this.

PL
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

le_momo

It will be in Parkside Hall, next to the Tech Museum. We may be staying a bit after midnight, but it depends on a few logistical needs. :)
2017-2024 Extravaganzas Head
2013-2024 Black & White Ball Head
2010-2012 Black & White Ball Instructor/Staff/Second
FanimeCon attendee since 2005

GoodAsianDriver

I will be there!

I'll bring my latin shoes and pants.
--
www.spinkpop.com