Con feedback (Feedback will not effectively reach staff if you do not use form)

Started by Bromopar, May 26, 2013, 01:31:38 PM

Fi-Fi

Quote from: TruePoindexter on June 07, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
Quote from: jemz on June 06, 2013, 03:21:30 PM
Quote from: TruePoindexter on June 05, 2013, 03:35:27 PM
Moving past the registration woes - Eric do you think you can shed some light as to what's at least being discussed regarding the Cosplay Spectacular? The ill-will after the event is being left to fester with no response past "we're reading your feedback." I know the staff have jobs and other responsibilities to attend to first but it would help if there was at least an acknowledgement of what happened.

I have been in contact with the current Div Head and she is working hard to make sure that what happened with the Cosplay Spectacular this year will not happen again next year.  She is aware of the disappointment and the anger of all those who participated and watched. There will be changes for next year to make next year's Cosplay Spectacular run smoothly.

Thank you for giving her all your constructive feedback as it will aid in her decision-making process.

Thank you for the update. I hope we'll hear details about what's changing soon (or at least what decisions have been made thus far). It was very unfortunate that the event was more or less a disaster. I've jokingly been telling my wife the only positive was that the building didn't burn down.

I think the feedback has been submitted by everyone multiple times but the largest issue was simply the lack of organization. You can't expect events to start on time or technical needs to be taken care of when simple schedules are unclear. With lots of help from my fellow Pizza Time Cosplay members I've put together an account of our own experiences in the Cosplay Spectacular so hopefully some insights can be gleaned from that: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18572.msg464893.html#msg464893

My feedback about the Cosplay Spectacular is also in these thread http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18540.msg465113.html#msg465113

Sivartius

I enjoyed Fanime. This was my first Con, and I had a great time. I really appreciate all that the staff did to make it enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to next year. I wish they could have run 2 Speed Dating events side-by-side at the same time, because I was a bummer to come 15-20 min. early either 2 or 3 times (I can't remember if I made it one of the times,) and find all the spot taken more than an hour before for guys. But whatever. Honestly, and I mean this in the kindest, most gentle and compassionate way imaginable, if you couldn't find a way to enjoy yourself at Fanime, with all the official things going on, and all the people to do unscheduled things with, I must say, again with respect, that that is on you. I know that there were things that I would have enjoyed doing that I didn't get to, because I was doing other things that I enjoyed. Nothing at the Convention was perfect. This is the Real Worldtm.  Sorry if I offended anyone. I think it had to be said.
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

renalcul

Quote from: Sivartius on June 09, 2013, 11:45:04 AM
I wish they could have run 2 Speed Dating events side-by-side at the same time, because I was a bummer to come 15-20 min. early either 2 or 3 times (I can't remember if I made it one of the times,) and find all the spot taken more than an hour before for guys.
Speed dating is still an evolving event, although one does need to consider space allocation, popularity and staffing limitations.

CatToy

Quote from: ewu on May 31, 2013, 01:26:51 PM
It's all in my todo list already: clean the floor, wind-tunnel effect, low lighting at a bad temperature, and water stations in there. The gears will likely be in motion to confirm the next AA location in a few days. Of course, it may take months to confirm this, but feedback from the artist surveys, the feedback form. the staff, and to a smaller extent the forums will all affect our decisions.

...ok, it's been months. anything new?

ewu

Quote from: CatToy on September 05, 2013, 02:43:26 AM

More months.......Things are in motion, but facilities are no simple deal. So let the pieces fall in its place and we can announce once all i's dotted and t's crossed. Don't want to announce, then have to change later b/c of some oversight.

Thanks for your patience!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CatToy

Quote from: ewu on September 05, 2013, 07:37:28 AM
Quote from: CatToy on September 05, 2013, 02:43:26 AM

More months.......Things are in motion, but facilities are no simple deal. So let the pieces fall in its place and we can announce once all i's dotted and t's crossed. Don't want to announce, then have to change later b/c of some oversight.

Thanks for your patience!

3 months later, is there anything you can tell us?

ewu

LOTS of stuff going on...but not much I can tell you. When its all nailed down, we'll get it out to you.

Quote from: CatToy on December 06, 2013, 02:42:53 AM
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TruePoindexter

Quote from: ewu on December 06, 2013, 09:46:49 PM
LOTS of stuff going on...but not much I can tell you. When its all nailed down, we'll get it out to you.

Quote from: CatToy on December 06, 2013, 02:42:53 AM

Eric - I don't suppose there's an update on changes to the Cosplay Spectacular?

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TruePoindexter

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom