Missed Connections 2013

Started by Redfield, May 26, 2013, 11:52:25 PM

lilfry14

Quote from: Somebody on June 04, 2013, 12:20:11 PM
A couple of shoutouts here

Black and White Ball (and lessons) shoutouts:
To the gal in the black and white illusion-looking dress from a yogurt shop in Florida- you talked with my friend on the sidelines for quite a while in the later hours of the ball, then took him out to dance. (He's a big fellow, had a camera around his neck until I took it so you could dance!) Thank you for interacting with him, and getting him on the dancefloor- it made his and our night!

To the ladies who danced East Coast and Cha Cha with the bigger gal in the red dress (ringleted hair, roses and the like) sorry my dress was a bit long, and thank you for dancing with me! You picked up on the dances very well!

To the fellow at the East Coast Swing lesson Saturday night (all I can remember appearance wise is that you had a large backpack and short hair) thank you so much for staying and dancing with me during the "decompression" time! (And for teaching me all the moves I didn't know!) That was a bunch of fun!

General Shoutouts:

To everyone who was asking about the giant rose I had as Arrietty, my friends found it for me at Hobby Lobby around Valentine's Day. Good luck to that cosplayer who said she needed one!

One more- to the fellow that got all excited about my Ruby (RWBY) costume Friday night in the breezeway of the gaming hall (even though I was lacking a scythe and wig at that point!) thank you so much for your kind words! That was the best reaction I got all weekend, even when my costume was complete and I had an Adam with me, and after having a long and unpleasant day, it really made everything seem better.

That Gal with the yogurt shop is my sister! She learned everything she knows from me.

EJAY420

Shoutout to the red headed freckle Tardis / priestess cosplayer. You are one beautiful wonan with a fantastic creative persobality. That tardis dress with that cute hat. I wish i introduced myself. You think i would be over this shyness. Oh well, ill see you in my dreams later on. :-)
Most Impressive.

Dr Mario

Want to give some love to the lovely Princess Peach that I ran into on Monday. Was a great way to end a con finding my Princess. Hope to see you at another con soon.
Solving all your fevers and chills since 1990.

princesskitty18

Quote from: Jimbly on May 28, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
Shout out to all the wonderful gals I danced with at the Black and White Ball, especially the short Asian gal who didn't know how to swing at the start of the dance, but was following like a pro by the end =).

I was the dapper gentleman with a top hat, bow tie, and chin-length bangs.  If any of you happen to be in the Bay area, let me know if you want to go dancing again =).
i think i MIGHT have danced the swing with you hahah
i was one of the staff members wit a multi-colored top and a black skirt.
but regardless, lets go dancing!
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Maskenlav

To that Yurippe I ran into at the gaming hall and literally made her follow me around and pose with me and Otonashi thanks for being so cool and accepting of doing that! I hope I run into you at the upcoming sac-anime! Your the best!
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

xxKawaiiPancakexx

Shout out to the gorgeous lady who cosplayed as Zero suit Samus! Samus has been my idol ever since I've played her games and seeing a great cosplay like that made my whole fanime. She also asked to take a picture with me in my Juliet Starling cosplay and I totally went all fan girl and giggled my butt off. SQUEEE~

Sivartius

To the fellow at the East Coast Swing lesson Saturday night (all I can remember appearance wise is that you had a large backpack and short hair) thank you so much for staying and dancing with me during the "decompression" time! (And for teaching me all the moves I didn't know!) That was a bunch of fun!

That might have been me. I can't remember if I wore my backpack on Saturday or not. Was it a big Olive Green one with leather straps? I really enjoyed the lessons, the Decompression, and the Black and White Ball. I wish I would have stayed later at the Decompression, but I'm not a late night person, and I was getting really tired. I really enjoy swing, although I'm more used to a faster "Jitter-Bug" style. I remember there was one girl I danced with on Saturday who didn't know all the same moves as me, but was brave enough to try. She picked up on what I was leading really quickly, and I had a great time.
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

Somebody

Quote from: Sivartius on June 09, 2013, 11:25:42 AM

That might have been me. I can't remember if I wore my backpack on Saturday or not. Was it a big Olive Green one with leather straps? I really enjoyed the lessons, the Decompression, and the Black and White Ball. I wish I would have stayed later at the Decompression, but I'm not a late night person, and I was getting really tired. I really enjoy swing, although I'm more used to a faster "Jitter-Bug" style. I remember there was one girl I danced with on Saturday who didn't know all the same moves as me, but was brave enough to try. She picked up on what I was leading really quickly, and I had a great time.

Oh hey! Yes, I'm pretty sure the backpack was green or tan. I had a steampunk-ish outfit on, he walked back to the Hilton with another dude and I. The fellow I danced with knew a triple-step swing and taught me it (I only knew the simpler kind) as well as that cross-body lead for Cha Cha. Still sound like you?
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

kane64

To the pretty lady who was dressed as Himiko from Btooom! You made my Sunday. I wasn't sure if anyone even knew what Btooom! was until I saw you. Thank you for that. Though I wish I could have gotten a picture together with you.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Sivartius

Quote from: Somebody on June 17, 2013, 08:14:54 AM
Quote from: Sivartius on June 09, 2013, 11:25:42 AM

Oh hey! Yes, I'm pretty sure the backpack was green or tan. I had a steampunk-ish outfit on, he walked back to the Hilton with another dude and I. The fellow I danced with knew a triple-step swing and taught me it (I only knew the simpler kind) as well as that cross-body lead for Cha Cha. Still sound like you?

That sounds like me, except that I didn't stay at the Hilton, but at the one that was across the road from one of the hotels attached to the convention center.
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

MyCjel

Help, there wasn't a thread for sac anime but hopefully this guy finds this. So my nice friend is this nice cute white brunette with dimple piercings maybe 4' 10" girl that was at the rave Saturday night with another friend a tall girl with red eyes multi colored leg sleeves and platform boots, she saw you looking at her and was shy. She said you had wavy hair and were thin. Find this post and get a message any way you can. Find my name on Facebook or something.

Valcust

Wellp, better late than never, I suppose~
I recall running into and passing the time with a wonderful blu fem scout (TF2) cosplayer whilst my brother competed in the TF2 competition, would be nice to catch up this upcoming fanime :3
Cosplays planned for 2014~:
Aimless Renegade~ 50%
Ja'Sajek the Khajiit~ 25%
Return of P-Body~ 75%

MeloettaMeridian

(Hopefully I'm not causing a problem by posting this late. Was too shy and/or busy to post this earlier, sorry~)

At the Black and White Ball, there was one cute guy cosplaying as the Tenth Doctor who I wanted to dance with, but unfortunately, I caught him just as he was about to leave. I did get a picture with him though! =)

I was the brunette girl with the blue/green/purple strapless dress and dorky John Lennon glasses. =P

If you are the Tenth Doctor cosplayer I described above, you are awesome and we should dance next time! =)