San Jose Anime Fans, get together in future?

Started by Kari Takatori, May 28, 2013, 02:54:44 PM

Kari Takatori

Hello, I have lived in san jose for 3 years and became antisocial (im an outgoing adventurous craze) because the people I live with do not enjoy anything I enjoy, kept saying no one here likes anime, saying san jose is dangerous, etc. I went to FANIME in 2011 but was with anti-fanime people who just made fun of everything.

THIS YEARS FANIME I HAD SO MUCH FUN, and had more of a experience with other people who enjoy many shows i do and cosplaying, reading together, just hanging out, etc.
SO i would like to get together with anime lovers at somepoint this summer and make some really good friends! watch anime together, have adventures, meet ups, photos, and such so please anyone in san jose that would like to do this and be friends!

i will watch any anime/read any manga but my favorite are adventurous, complicated, suspense, action, romance, and bloody.
I would give a list but i have seen to many shows i cant type them all would take me awhile (500+)
But my top ten fave favorites are:
1. Weiss Kruez
2. Kuroko's Basketball
3. Elfen Lied
4. Saiyuki
5. Samuri X/Rurouni Kenshin
6. Berserk
7. Skip Beat
8. Code Geass
9. X
10. Beelzebub

Lucifargundam

I'm down for the Post-Con party... where's it at?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Alix777

This sounds fun.  I would like to keep in touch with some people, who actually like anime, unlike some of my other friends.  When should we plan to meet up?

lonemeditater

Sounds like fun, plus I love Code Geass @_@
I'm me and I exist...

SkylerKarashi

this sounds like itd be cool. :) id put code geass in my top ten as well. XD
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Saki Usagishi

I would love to~
I love both Code Geass and X

Lucifargundam

I love Elfen Lied, but need to finish Rurouni Kenshin.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

limDsage

I have to finish Saiyuki. In fact, I might start back to episode one since I don't remember where I left off. haha.

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

otakuya

I've been a member of the Fanime boards for more than 10 years now. There was a group of us that tend to hang out every so often, usually at places like Oakridge, Great Mall, Golfland, park, someone's house, etc. We were known as "Fani-Mafia". That group is long gone, or just not posting on the forums anymore at least. I'd like to have a reunion someday and invite new members, if possible. Or start Fani-Mafia2 or something...
Whoa, anyways, glad you had fun at Fanime this year.

Wow, Saiyuki and Rurouni Kenshin. Never thought I hear those anime being mentioned again in this day and age.

My top 10 in no particular order:
Slayers, Pokemon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Haruhi Suzumiya, Hayate no Gotoku, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, Initial D, Yu-Gi-Oh/the Abridged Series, Maid-sama
(yeah, almost all old-school)

limDsage

QuoteWow, Saiyuki and Rurouni Kenshin. Never thought I hear those anime being mentioned again in this day and age.

Haha, I still remember those good old days, man...

I grew up watching a bunch of old school stuffs also which includes Yu-Yu Hakusho, Lupin the 3rd, Flame or Recca, Sorcerer Hunters, the first incarnation of Hunter X Hunter, Slam Dunk, and much more.

But my top 10 would probably be: One Piece, GTO, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Rurouni Kenshin, Slam Dunk, Ninku, Cyborg 009, Cowboy Bebop, Eureka 7, and Samurai 7..

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Kari Takatori

I am so excited that i got replies! we can meet at a mall, or someone's house, or maybe a park (have a cosplay get together and take photos sometime), and if anyone can add some places they think will work go ahead! Fani-Mafia sounds like it was fun! id like to make something like that, like a club of some sort that can eventually meet up every now and then  ;D
i am done school on june 13th, i dont have school friday, saturday, sunday, i work at nighttime, so i can meet up with fellow anime fans whenever you guys are ready. so lets brainstorm and think of some ideas im all hyped up now!

SkylerKarashi

i dont work on saturdays or sundays.  :) and i get off at 4:45. so anytime after that is cool with me.  :)

Kertus

There are a few other local groups as well that hangout from time to time:
Norcal cosplayers is one of them.
No-name anime watches anime every 2nd saturday of the month this year at the Santa Clara Library.
There's a few that hangout around from local clubs, or people that gather just at the Japantown festivals in SJ and SF.
There have been various other chat group and meetup groups through the years.

I've been a part of an irc group for the past 3-4 years now, we hangout and cosplay together and such at Fanime and other cons in California.  IRC is quite an old system so some people don't like to use it, but if you want you can join us whenever.

#fanime on Rizon https://qchat.rizon.net/?nick=FaniForum.&channels=fanime&uio=d4
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Alix777

Friday-Sunday works fine with me.  I'm also a fan of Code Geass, since everyone else is dropping that fact about themselves.  My favorite animes are X'amd:Lost Memories, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Fruits Basket, XXX Holic, and many other anime shows.

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Alix777 on May 30, 2013, 04:50:23 PM
Friday-Sunday works fine with me.  I'm also a fan of Code Geass, since everyone else is dropping that fact about themselves.  My favorite animes are X'amd:Lost Memories, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Fruits Basket, XXX Holic, and many other anime shows.
lol, i love soul eater and fruits basket as well. among others of course. xD theres a lot of people commenting here. :)

weaponhex

Quote from: gary925 on May 30, 2013, 06:28:50 PM
lol, i love soul eater and fruits basket as well. among others of course. xD theres a lot of people commenting here. :)

That's because San Jose is awesome :-)
I am always willing to meet up here as well
2013 cosplay's
fri - Gintoki from Gintama
sat - Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi "Rose" from Bleach
sun - Trafalgar Law from One Peice
mon - Aido from Vampire Knight

TheMaKaKi

Where is the info for the Fani-Mafia gatherings again :O?

Quote from: Otakuya on May 29, 2013, 09:30:35 PM
I've been a member of the Fanime boards for more than 10 years now. There was a group of us that tend to hang out every so often, usually at places like Oakridge, Great Mall, Golfland, park, someone's house, etc. We were known as "Fani-Mafia". That group is long gone, or just not posting on the forums anymore at least. I'd like to have a reunion someday and invite new members, if possible. Or start Fani-Mafia2 or something...

Wow, Saiyuki and Rurouni Kenshin. Never thought I hear those anime being mentioned again in this day and age.

Slayers, Pokemon, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Haruhi Suzumiya, Hayate no Gotoku, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, Initial D, Yu-Gi-Oh/the Abridged Series, Maid-sama
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Otakuya on May 29, 2013, 09:30:35 PM

the fani-mafia sounds like it was super cool and fun. :3

djmonolith

Quote from: Kari Takatori on May 28, 2013, 02:54:44 PM
Hello, I have lived in san jose for 3 years and became antisocial (im an outgoing adventurous craze) because the people I live with do not enjoy anything I enjoy, kept saying no one here likes anime, saying san jose is dangerous, etc. I went to FANIME in 2011 but was with anti-fanime people who just made fun of everything.

THIS YEARS FANIME I HAD SO MUCH FUN,

Ha ha... antisocial?  I totally do that.  I am becoming that way too.  I dj and do performance stuff so it forces me out there, but I tend to be a bit of an introvert.  It is hard when none of your friends share your passions.

Why do your friends say San Jose is dangerous?  I grew up in Santa Cruz and have lived in the South Bay for many ears and I certainly don't think it is a "dangerous" place to live!  We just got voted the most nerdy place in the US... go figure!
This is my signature.

Saki Usagishi

San Jose was once nominated Safest City in the US before :o
Although this year it has had some incidents, it is still a really great city.
I've lived here all my life, and FanimeCon by far is the most interesting experience one can have in this city.