Animes similar to Sword Art Online and Accel World?

Started by ChrisChowMa, May 28, 2013, 07:22:31 PM

echoshadow

Well, something like SAO.. try .Hack/Sign and Tower of Duraga. That's pretty much where SAO ripped it off from.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

jacktchance

If you do watch Tower of Duraga, give it a chance after the first episode.  It's different to say the least.

Rhornez

Quote from: echoshadow on May 28, 2013, 07:31:36 PM
Well, something like SAO.. try .Hack/Sign and Tower of Duraga. That's pretty much where SAO ripped it off from.
saying ripped off is a little too big of a word to use buddy

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

echoshadow

Nope. Riped off is the correct word, seeing as both animes where aired almost 6+ years ago. Then again I'm pretty sure thoese where riped off from Tron back in the 80's and I'm pretty sure the guy that wrote it riped it off some poor crack head on an acid trip, etc..

And yes the first ep is a total comedy rip on the mmorpg game genres (the dude gets knocked out and dreams he saves the world all in comedict fashion) after that its a good story.

Rhornez

alright let me go make an anime based on playing an MMO and wait for you to call my creation ripping off .hack and Sao. ill add slimes and huge dragons too so u can say its based on (insert dragon from some mmo or anime)

echoshadow

Well if it has someone or many traped in an online game then yes, I will and everyone that started watching anime before 2000 would too. Kids that started watching anime in 2010 would think your stuff is orignal.

But oh wells, sao fans will always be like that..just the same as any shounen jump fan. "how dare you insult the greatest anime(s) ever made" mentality. 

But just to make you feel a bit better sao and .hack/sign shared the same soundtack composer.

Rhornez

Quote from: echoshadow on May 29, 2013, 03:25:41 AM
Well if it has someone or many traped in an online game then yes, I will and everyone that started watching anime before 2000 would too. Kids that started watching anime in 2010 would think your stuff is orignal.

But oh wells, sao fans will always be like that..just the same as any shounen jump fan. "how dare you insult the greatest anime(s) ever made" mentality. 

But just to make you feel a bit better sao and .hack/sign shared the same soundtack composer.
You are directly assuming I am like that. just the same as any "fan" also I didnt care for the soundtracks at all. not memorable at all. try again.

hakemo

You need to be more specific on what you mean by "anime like". Do you mean "action series taking place in a virtual world"? Or do you mean "sub-par series raised too high on a pedestal"? If the former, Digimon Adventure would be a good series (granted, most people around here have seen it before).

If the latter, then...I dunno, Mars of Destruction? Symphogear? There are too many crummy series to choose from.

Stockgenius