Northern Cali fans

Started by animeangelfish, May 29, 2013, 07:45:07 PM

Naiagu

@limDsage, awww, oh well, there will be other cons!

@Rhornez, Yay! I'm going to be so lost there @_@ maybe we'll see each other :D.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Rhornez

No worries! I haven't been to kinyoobi since the hayward days now they are at newark its new for me

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Kertus

Well if you want to talk to some fans of anime you can go on Rizon IRC to #fanime  we have members all over the Bay Area and go to alot of the cons.

https://qchat.rizon.net/?nick=FaniForum.&channels=fanime&uio=d4
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Meatball

Quote from: Naiagu on May 30, 2013, 08:22:44 AM
Yay, makes me happy to see so many people around the bay. Anyone up here going to Kinyoobi Con? I'm trying it out for the first time this year.

Me too, i think im going to try it out also :P

Lucifargundam

3hr drive from south SJ.... sorry...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

clickclackbang

I live near Oakland, but I'm in Davis finishing up college. Will most likely move back during the summer.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: clickclackbang on May 30, 2013, 11:06:07 PM
I live near Oakland, but I'm in Davis finishing up college. Will most likely move back during the summer.
Would you be down to travel? how far?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

djmonolith

How many of you are planning on going to Japan Expo in Santa Clara??
This is my signature.

animeangelfish

What about any NORTHERN California fans. As in above the bay area? I know there are some of you out there!

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Amanojaku

Hey there,

I live in Paradise, and I work in Chico, and have been attending Fanime foreeeever~  Sitting here at work in my Death Note tshirt as I type this.  I've had several Japanese classes at Butte college and I spent two weeks in Japan back in April.  If you want to hang out sometime to talk Japan or watch anime or whatever, that would be cool. :)
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Meatball

Quote from: animeangelfish on May 31, 2013, 08:13:25 AM
What about any NORTHERN California fans. As in above the bay area? I know there are some of you out there!

Im one :)

animeangelfish

Quote from: Amanojaku on May 31, 2013, 01:17:03 PM
Hey there,

I live in Paradise, and I work in Chico, and have been attending Fanime foreeeever~  Sitting here at work in my Death Note tshirt as I type this.  I've had several Japanese classes at Butte college and I spent two weeks in Japan back in April.  If you want to hang out sometime to talk Japan or watch anime or whatever, that would be cool. :)

Wooo~ Butte County! I live in Chico and work in Oroville lol. That'd be awesome to make a new friend in the area! I took a couple Japanese classes at Chico State but they didn't stick very much as my brain was in 'survival' mode and essentially purged all useless information after the finals. Sadly that included languages I don't use on  daily basis.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Sivartius

I live and work in Oroville. Nice to meet you. I agree it would be even more fun to watch anime if there was someone to watch with. And (especially since I'm pretty new,) it's always nice hearing about the series that others are into that I've never encountered.
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

Animepleasurexo

Aww, I live in the Bay Area. ;-;

coolasplastic

Hey, I live in Humboldt! We actually have a good amount of people who are into anime, but not so many who attend cons. Seeing as this year will be my first I hope to change that around here. I know more than a few people who ended up going to Chico for college, though I've never been there myself. No one understands TRUE NorCal. :(
Friendship is the best thing ever!

obliviousedward

DUDE. I'm up in Humboldt, too! 8D *fist bump*

Yeah, there aren't too many people I know around here who attend cons that often (that I know of). I'm going with some of my usual group (we try and go to Fanime every year if we can), and this time around I know a few other people who are attending as well. So it's nice to know that I'll be seeing familiar faces down there this time around!

(SIX-HOUR DRIVE, YEEEAAAAAH~)

edit: ...WAAAAIT is the person above me who I think he is...?
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

heeroyuy135

Any Sacramentans in here? Greenhaven reporting in

phr34kish

Arden-Arcade! Yay Sacramento!

limDsage

I used to live in Elk Grove, but I'm in South SF right now. I still visit Elk Grove every month!  :D

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

coolasplastic

Quote from: obliviousedward on February 25, 2014, 01:07:37 PM
DUDE. I'm up in Humboldt, too! 8D *fist bump*

Yeah, there aren't too many people I know around here who attend cons that often (that I know of). I'm going with some of my usual group (we try and go to Fanime every year if we can), and this time around I know a few other people who are attending as well. So it's nice to know that I'll be seeing familiar faces down there this time around!

(SIX-HOUR DRIVE, YEEEAAAAAH~)

edit: ...WAAAAIT is the person above me who I think he is...?

Hey hey, yeah it's me.
Friendship is the best thing ever!