Weird photogapher

Started by Kpmonkeygirl, May 29, 2013, 11:00:46 PM

Kpmonkeygirl

Did anyone get that weird guy?
I was dressed as Lara Croft (a bad cosplay, nobody could tell). I sat to fix one of my thigh straps, and I felt a weird presence. Some old Asian dude was taking my picture. He tells me he will take one more, he did, then left. I hope he was just taking a picture, and was not a perv. :S
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Yuu- pon

Hate to say it, but what I've seen at the con and of the majority of the photos in the galleries that have in galleries, I've decided that Fanime shall henceforth be known as "Creeper con"

Of coarse, there are those photographers who just like candid pics...of pretty girls. No, I'm sure it's nothing creepy.

mstrsmth

Advice to other photographers: If you spot someone engaged in an activity or in a particular pose, and want to take a candid photo, just ask for permission first and work with them on recreating the shot. It will probably turn out better than if you'd hurriedly tried to snap it, and you won't get negatively profiled.

I think I have had experiences like with the photographer you mentioned, it may be the same man. Sadly this guy took my picture even when I said no. He claims to have a blog and posts the photos there which I am not happy with at all. If I manage to find his card (I think I kept one because like you he gave me a bad vibe.) I'll post the information here for you.
Captain Hook
Kristof
Russia

djmonolith

I witnessed a guy take a photo of a girl without asking.  She totally called him out and made him remove the photo.  As he walked away he took another one.  She ran up to him and grabbed his badge.  Fanime staff came over and they had it out!  Other witnesses were interviewed... it was a crazy scene!

But I was really proud of her.  She TOTALLY stood up for herself, called that creepy ass out, and did the right thing!

I saw a LOT of interesting people taking photos.  I saw a lot of badge-less people taking photos.  I also felt that the photographers were way more disrespectful this year than in previous years.  It is almost like they demand you pose for them... and they will just rudely brush you aside to get to the next subject.

But, for every weird jerk there are dozens of nice and respectful people.  Most people asked or waited until I was in a pose.  I also got lots of hugs.  :D
This is my signature.

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: djmonolith on May 30, 2013, 11:26:51 PM
I witnessed a guy take a photo of a girl without asking.  She totally called him out and made him remove the photo.  As he walked away he took another one.  She ran up to him and grabbed his badge.  Fanime staff came over and they had it out!  Other witnesses were interviewed... it was a crazy scene!

But I was really proud of her.  She TOTALLY stood up for herself, called that creepy ass out, and did the right thing!

I saw a LOT of interesting people taking photos.  I saw a lot of badge-less people taking photos.  I also felt that the photographers were way more disrespectful this year than in previous years.  It is almost like they demand you pose for them... and they will just rudely brush you aside to get to the next subject.

But, for every weird jerk there are dozens of nice and respectful people.  Most people asked or waited until I was in a pose.  I also got lots of hugs.  :D

BRAVO!!! To her!
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Yuu- pon

Quote from: djmonolith on May 30, 2013, 11:26:51 PM

That story made me very happy.

As for Badgeless photographers; this is another reason why I think it should be made clear to everyone what is public and private property.

They must think that is public property and therefore okay to wonder around and take pictures.

But it isn't. It belongs to the con center. That means that CAN be kicked out. If they were warned of this they may be dissuaded.

crystalsoul

yeah my friend was dressed in her rave attire under her kigurumi and decided she would wear the kigurumi half down because she was hot.

then some weird older man wanted to take a picture of her. she said sure but quickly put her kigurumi all the way on again xD  you could slightly tell he was annoyed that she did.

weird people.....

Yuu- pon

When. I opened by browser this morning I saw that I still had creepies Flickr gallery minimized. Only this time it read " This account has been deactivated
"

Will this stop him? Probly not. But its a small victory.

djmonolith

Quote from: Yuu- pon on June 01, 2013, 02:34:48 PM
When. I opened by browser this morning I saw that I still had creepies Flickr gallery minimized. Only this time it read " This account has been deactivated
"

Will this stop him? Probly not. But its a small victory.

No way!  Seriously?  I wonder if he has a bunch of mean messages and threats.
This is my signature.

Yuu- pon

Well I know I made a complaint i'm sure others did too.