How would one go about...

Started by renalcul, May 30, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

renalcul

How would one go about being a part of the registration administration team?

Not the people who hand out badges, but like the people who make the procedure?

Or is there like a Town hall type thing for such stuff (or is that just the staff meetings?)

Pachar

I would also like to help with organizing Fanime.  When and how might a person be able to do that?

SOawesomeness

Thanks for your interest. (: You can apply for Reg staff once the staff website launches for 2014. Most people who make the procedure are veteran/dedicated staffers from previous years.

Anyone, however, is welcome to send suggestions through the survey that is posted all over this forum or e-mail us directly.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

renalcul

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 30, 2013, 10:48:31 AM
Thanks for your interest. (: You can apply for Reg staff once the staff website launches for 2014. Most people who make the procedure are veteran/dedicated staffers from previous years.

Anyone, however, is welcome to send suggestions through the survey that is posted all over this forum or e-mail us directly.

Wont all the procedural decision be made by then :[?

ewu

Email your ideas and experience/qualifications to registrationATfanimeDOTcom and me - ericATfanimeDOTcom. We'll see how we can bring you into the discussion.

OR, post here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18525.0.html
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

renalcul

Quote from: ewu on May 30, 2013, 06:26:49 PM
Email your ideas and experience/qualifications to registrationATfanimeDOTcom and me - ericATfanimeDOTcom. We'll see how we can bring you into the discussion.

done and done.

SquallLHeart

Quote from: renalcul on May 30, 2013, 07:11:05 PM
Quote from: ewu on May 30, 2013, 06:26:49 PM

done and done.
where's the like button on this forum?? lol..
Trung D. Nguyen
Fanime: Autographs Head '11 | Rovers '01-present | Gopher '99-'00
Anime Expo: AxCon '07-'2009
ComicCon: Vol '04-'05

staff/vol. for misc. conventions all around the nation... ranging from 30.. to 130K+ attendees...

Pachar

I was wondering if there was any update on when we could register to help etc.  I check this forum every weekday for traffic and haven't seen anything except about that traffic cone in some time.

ewu

Quote from: Pachar on July 29, 2013, 08:08:29 AM
I was wondering if there was any update on when we could register to help etc.  I check this forum every weekday for traffic and haven't seen anything except about that traffic cone in some time.

What do you have in mind? Are you interested in joining staff? Unfortunately our staff recruitment page is not up yet. However, you can email me at ericATfanimeDOTcom and I can see if I can point you in the right direction.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kanameshito

I know I will probably receive the same response about this certain situation... I was wondering how I should/could sign up for a certain position. It was the (dance/rave) I volunteered last year, mentioned that I had recently moved to southern California, was told that it wasn't/shouldn't be a problem and that I could either Skype or something and that I could/would get an email about it.
I would love any kind of information I could receive about staffing and openings.
Thank you with much appreciation,
Amy
(Please contact me at my email.)
[email protected]
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

ewu

Actually, you can do that here:
http://apps.fanime.com/2013b/staffapply/

Quote from: Kanameshito on October 18, 2013, 04:43:06 AM
I know I will probably receive the same response about this certain situation... I was wondering how I should/could sign up for a certain position. It was the (dance/rave) I volunteered last year, mentioned that I had recently moved to southern California, was told that it wasn't/shouldn't be a problem and that I could either Skype or something and that I could/would get an email about it.
I would love any kind of information I could receive about staffing and openings.
Thank you with much appreciation,
Amy
(Please contact me at my email.)
[email protected]
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kanameshito

Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

ewu

It's a pleasure. I look forward to seeing you on staff!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

CeruleanRogue

Thank you for the link, ewu.  I went ahead and submitted as well.  I hope that, even though I'm way down in southern California and I need some flexibility in scheduling, I can still help out.

ewu

No worries! There are some positions that may require you to be more present but most on;y require one or two trips up...other than the convention itself that is. In fact, some of the people at the top of the Fanime organization are down in socal.

Quote from: CeruleanRogue on October 20, 2013, 09:52:31 AM
Thank you for the link, ewu.  I went ahead and submitted as well.  I hope that, even though I'm way down in southern California and I need some flexibility in scheduling, I can still help out.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom