Any Full Metal Alchemist?

Started by Sachiko, May 22, 2004, 12:38:02 AM

Sora

But when night falls, Envy's going to freeze his ass off.
"Don't give me any orders."

swordman85

Hey if we have more than one Ed to pose with on Monday I don't mind posing with multiple Ed's.  And thanks to everyone for helping with the song.  I can't freaking wait!

swordman85

Oh I just checked out Dante and It doesn't sound at all like what I was thinking of.  I think Keiji was right it sounds much closer...if not dead on

Silver_Unicorn297

^^; Thanks...

Well then.... us Envy's will just have to bring a warm blanket or something so we don't freeze...
I still have to get the material for those lines that Envy has on his back.

Sora

Oh, those lines. Right. Need those, all right.

swordman85

Hey Silver Unicorn,

I think I sent you a PM but I don't know if it sent or not.  Bascially I'm wondering what brand/type of paint did you use on the bottom of your Ed Elric boots and I was also wondering your or any one else's take on the odd way Ed's boots seem to split in the front in a V shape.  I don't know if its like an undone zipper or what.

Silver_Unicorn297

*reads pm*
Awww, thank you.

Sorry for not responding any sooner.
Now let's see if I can answer your questions...

The paint question...

I don't know if this paint will work on all types of boots... It may chip off, but the paint is sort of rubbery so it should still work if you are careful. It seems to work for me, but that's probably because the boots that I used have really stiff soles.

Anyways, to get really specific...
I used the
Academy Acrylic paints in
Cadmium Red Light and Burnt Sienna.
I sort of rubbed the first few layers in with a paper tower, or something... There may also have been other colors too, but that's all that I remember.

Make sure that the paint if acrylic! Oil paints come in very similar containers, and the result would be pretty messy...

Now onto the V-Shape.

You can pretty much do whatever you think looks best. I would have gotten boots that had a zipper down the front, but I couldn't find any... So, I sort of got regular boots and chopped the tongue off.

And as a tip for those rings.... You can use black curtain rings from Michaels ^_- It took me a while to figure what to use.

Silver_Unicorn297

Also, before I forget...
I did not mix the paint. Instead, I applied it in separate layers.

And yes... Those lines are going to be tricky. Evil lines.
Oh! And that symbol @_@

ILuvHeijiHattori

i know how to make the ourobous meow! xD

I always write it on my hand <_<

Sora

I believe my Envy has an actual tattoo of the Ouroboros. So, it's no problem (as in I have a sheet of temporary tattoos from FMA and she'll be using one).

Silver_Unicorn297

O.O Tattoos?! That would make my life so much easier!

Ah wel, there probably isn't enough time to order them, so I'll have to pull out the pernament markers.

Sora

Quote from: "Silver_Unicorn297"O.O Tattoos?! That would make my life so much easier!

Ah wel, there probably isn't enough time to order them, so I'll have to pull out the pernament markers.

Actually, there's a booth at the Fanime Dealer's Room that sells sheets of temp tattoos from FMA. The booth is run by Anime 101. Be sure to check it out!  :D

K&K4ever

Quote from: "Edward Elric"I believe my Envy has an actual tattoo of the Ouroboros. So, it's no problem (as in I have a sheet of temporary tattoos from FMA and she'll be using one).

You'r the one who's got the Tattos, Are you sure that your mom didn't through them out when she ransacked your room? (your mom is a fashist(sp?) :evil: )

Anyway, we can maybe use that resapie for red lines when we do YNM, for your curse marks Ed.  That solves another costume problem, there almost all gone.  \:D/
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Ska_Kitti

Okay, well I had to scrap Alphonse's body... so Jehuty will be going as "Shipment Alphonse" in his cute box. Maybe I can make some stuffed sheep before con...
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Sora

Quote from: "K&K4ever"You'r the one who's got the Tattos, Are you sure that your mom didn't through them out when she ransacked your room? (your mom is a fashist(sp?) :evil: )

Anyway, we can maybe use that resapie for red lines when we do YNM, for your curse marks Ed.  That solves another costume problem, there almost all gone.  \:D/

I don't think she threw them out, and even if she did, we can always drop by Anime 101's booth and get another set.

Acrylic paint would work for the curse too, since that's what Hisoka used when she did it. Could you bring some along? And, book #3 of Yami.

K&K4ever

:mrgreen: Sure thing.

. . . hehe :lol: Stuffed sheep.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Silver_Unicorn297

Acrylic paint? Wouldn't that stretch and crack?

What YNM and.... resapie? Do you mean red sharpie?

ranma12

swordman85

Silver what was the Red to brown ration for the heels of the boots? I know I know I'm getting way to technical but I really want it to turn out good

Silver_Unicorn297

I think I rubbed in one layer of red, another light coat of red, and then a final coat of brown.
I can't remember too well... You can always look up the color in the anime. I think the actual soles are more of a dark bbrown, so you can just try out different ways and use what works best.