Any Full Metal Alchemist?

Started by Sachiko, May 22, 2004, 12:38:02 AM

hellangel

I'm using thermoplastic. I'm a theatre person, as in I work both onstage and backstage, and I found out about thermoplastic when I had to make masks. I LOVE thermoplastic! It's like this plastic stuff, only, when you heat it, it gets very flexible and floppy. Then, when it dries, it stays hard in whatever form you put it in. Then you can always undo whatever you made by heating it again. It's self-adhesive (meaning if you heat two pieces and put them together, they'll stick when they dry), and you can paint/glue/whatever on them.
I'm using this to form the automail, then paint and put resin on it. Or something like that.

Oops. I usually never tell my secrets 'till I'm done... :wink:
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Saitou

Thermoplastic, eh?  I'll have to look into that!  Thanks ^__^  Some friends of mine were actually thinking vacuum-molding.  (to be honest, they won't stop talking about it and it's getting a bit tiring now XD)  I'm not sure how well vacuum-molding would work though.

hellangel

yeah, that'll work, too. it's hard to find thermoplastic now because they stopped selling it in stores, I think- it used to be sold like fabric by the yard....
Upcoming events:

Saitou

Well, darn... Wonder if it's available to order online...

hellangel

Upcoming events:

Saitou

awesome  :D  *goes look it up*

Saitou

damn, you're good!  *saves links* thanks!

hellangel

welcome. I always do my character/materials research ^__^
Upcoming events:

Saitou

We've never had to do anything like armor before ^__^  The most extreme thing I've made was probably my 6ft spatula for Ukyo...  and our Ed's biggest project was probably Hikaru's (Angelic Layer) headband thing complete with the dangly bulb ends...  we were going to put LEDs in them so they light up XD

hellangel

I've never made armor before, either, I've just been figuring out how to for a while. While plexi-glass may be a wonderful thing, I'd like to see what else I can use before I mess with that ^^"
Upcoming events:

Saitou

My only regret is they hardly have any pictures of the stuff on those web sites...  but it doesn't sound that hard to use.  

I don't think I'd even bother with plexi-glass...  Thought about making Clover wings with it once, but the designs didn't pan out.

hellangel

Upcoming events:

Saitou

Boy, you really are prepared O_o  I can't wait to see what you end up with!

hellangel

it's kind of sad, but that's what I surf the net for...^^"
Upcoming events:

Saitou

Not sad at all  :D   You were very helpful, I appreciate it.  w00t for cosplaying obsession!

hellangel

lol ^__^ feel free to IM/email/PM me anytime  :)
Upcoming events:

Saitou

hellangel

wow, this thread has become "popular"

is anyone going to be Hughes? my little brother wants a picture of a Hughes cosplayer with Alicia/picture of Alicia. how cute.
Upcoming events:

Saitou

Don't know a Hughes, but met a good one at Anime Expo.  Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Wiccat/pics/IMAG0029.jpg