Any Full Metal Alchemist?

Started by Sachiko, May 22, 2004, 12:38:02 AM

hellangel

CosplayLab.com:
This month's Look-Alike Contest is featuring Edward Elric! Registration starts Jan 7-23. Work hard, all you Ed cosplayers!
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

HanyaanFaery

I'm going crazy trying to fix my Ed in time for that contest...

...my wallet despises me like Envy hates Ed.

EDIT: I'm planning on photoshooting my Ed near the Martinez train station. That area is GENIUS for FMA photoshoots...it has old train tracks, 1900's style buildings, and there's some semi-abandoned factory yards you can get photos near...

hellangel

ooooo. *keeps that in mind for future photoshoots*

btw, how do you guys like the dubbing? at first ed's voice was a bit annoying, but then it got better. i think they're doing a pretty good job. roy's voice seems a bit...odd, though. i'm not sure how to describe it- it sounds kind of right, but there's something too heavy about it. or maybe i'm crazy. yeah, that's it. ^^" also, winry's voice is a bit to mature (usually she's all screamish and excitable), but it's pretty good anyway ^__^ all in all, the dubbing seems to be heading in a good direction...
Upcoming events:

ININ

I don't have cable :-(  I heard the dubbing is pretty good.

For those who haven't heard, Funimation is going to be purchased by Navarre Corporation.  The public traded company is in the software and home entertainment business.  The deal is not closed pending certain conditions and Navarre having the money to buy Funimation.

HanyaanFaery

I like the dubbing. I also like how open the voice actors are with their fans.

....ED'S BELT IS AN INSTRUMENT OF SATIN I MEAN SATAN!

HanyaanFaery

Sorry to double-post, but this made no sense tacked on the end of my last post.

I'm looking for a Hohenheim cosplayer to enter Der Cosplay with me. If you're interested, contact me at [email protected] (make sure to tell me where you are, so I can see if it's possible to arrange to meet up for practicing the few dance steps I'd need you to do).

MidNightDream

dammmmm I just finsihed reading all 17 pages of posts in one sitting. This will be my first time going to a con and I'm gonna cosplay as Ed.. Its gonna be great. Ed's like 5 nothing and I'm six one. I'm trying to get plans so I can make at least the arm automail. I'd do a wig but thats to troublesome. plus I'm gonna make a staff out of the design on his jacket. The Cross staff with the snake wrapped around it.

hellangel

cool! nice to have you join us ^__^ i'll be looking forward to seeing that staff =D

the list has been updated (i'm just gonna keep it on page 15 now)
Upcoming events:

Ska_Kitti

:D I've been given the awesome task of making Alphonse Telric in his armor... cool huh? Look out for him... he's a big guy!!
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

hellangel

awesome! know who it is? (you mean someone else asked you to make it, right?)

and it's elric, not telric ^^"
Upcoming events:

Ska_Kitti

^_^;; Typo on my part, I was sleepy. I'm making the entire thing on my own, no one's helping me. My husband is going to wear it.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

hellangel

AWESOME will add armor-al to the list =D
Upcoming events:

Ska_Kitti

oO What list? >> I demand an answer... perhaps. It's just that I'm just curious. I hope Al turns out well. It'll be my first time working with craft foam, so I hope it turns out well. >< Wish me luck!
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

hellangel

Upcoming events:

Ska_Kitti

Ah, okay then. ^_^ Just curious. I'll do my best so that I make a fantasterific Alphonse!
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

HanyaanFaery

Still looking for someone who can definitely be my Hoho-papa... ^^;; Come on, future Hohenheim, even though you aren't allowed to ghetto it, it's still an easy costume, and there's the bonus that you'll be able get pictures with all four appropriate other characters...

In other news, if anybody wants to see some pics of my new Edward Elric costume, there's some here and here! (I GOT CONTACTS OMFG)

ININ

The new Edward Elric costume looks terrific.  It’s going to be the best at Fanime.  Great work.  XD

HanyaanFaery

Quote from: "ININ"The new Edward Elric costume looks terrific.  It’s going to be the best at Fanime.  Great work.  XD

I just saw this...yay!

I'd post pictures of my new Ed costume 100% completed, except that it's the Cosplay Lab contest right now and, well, I don't want to be saying "HEY EVERYBODY! VOTE FOR ME!"

(I definitely AM in it, most of you WILL recognize me, and I encourage you to vote for whoever you think is the best Ed out there!)

hellangel

i totally saw it and spazzed..."AHHHHHHHHHH IT'S HANYAANFAERY!!!!!!!!"

it was awesome ^^"
Upcoming events:

hellangel

sorry about double posting, but...

where exactly do you guys want to meet? at the fountain? at the lobby? at the used-to-be-san-jose-library right next to the convention building?

also, i have the time scheduled in my planner as 12 noon on Saturday. is that okay for everyone?
Upcoming events: