Guidebook for Fanime '14

Started by Emerge, June 04, 2013, 09:24:46 PM

Emerge

http://guidebook.com/

This would basically be a supplement to the pocket guide that comes with the reg bag every year. I found myself using the PDF of the pocket guide a lot more than the actual paper booklet, although it was a bit inconvenient to navigate. I'm thinking that this would be an elegant alternative. The video can probably make it seem better than I can.

djmonolith

Quote from: Emerge on June 04, 2013, 09:24:46 PM
http://guidebook.com/

This would basically be a supplement to the pocket guide that comes with the reg bag every year. I found myself using the PDF of the pocket guide a lot more than the actual paper booklet, although it was a bit inconvenient to navigate. I'm thinking that this would be an elegant alternative. The video can probably make it seem better than I can.

off topic, but brilliant signature image
This is my signature.

aetherltd

That's covered. There's already a Fanime app for both iPhone and Android.

Emerge

Quote from: aetherltd on June 05, 2013, 11:22:35 AM
That's covered. There's already a Fanime app for both iPhone and Android.

I just took a look at the one for Android. While technically functional, the interface of Guidebook is a bit more streamlined and accessible. Things like last-minute changes and schedule updates can be taken into consideration and sent to everybody with it without having to update an entire app, let alone making a new app year after year. Also, I noticed with the app you mentioned that hitting back doesn't take the user back one screen but instead closes the app. A minor design flaw, but one that doesn't even come up with Guidebook.

Anyway, as the board mentions, this is merely a suggestion. The paper pocket guide and .pdf are enough, but again - this would make things remarkably convenient since most people are checking their phones several times a day during the con, especially with a more elegant UI than a raw .pdf and the somewhat lackluster official(?) app.

ewu

This was a pilot year for the Fanime apps. Expect them to get more and more cool in future years:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom