Fire Emblem 2014 Interest?

Started by TwilightLarryV1, June 06, 2013, 11:12:26 PM

TwilightLarryV1

There was going to be a gathering last time, but it fell apart due to the one originally in charge of the gathering canceling due to various reasons, and several others, including myself, not being able to get cosplays done in time for it.

So, I'm starting up a topic now for it so those interesting in a gathering have enough time to get their cosplays ready for next year.

Having said all that, is anyone interested? Btw, this isn't the topic for the gathering, but an interest check.

Rhornez

I was thinking of making a cosplay for Brom im interested

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

BonjourHoney

I think I posted in the thread for the past Fanime but ... yes I am so down for next year ! I just honestly can't decide on who. Maybe Libra. x)
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

TwilightLarryV1

Well, I'm hoping to be Chrom next year. Just hoping to get it done in time!

BSaphire

I normally move "interest" type threads here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,18209.0.html

However, I know this gathering had some issues happening in 2013 and to be honest I missed seeing it all come together. With that said, I will leave this thread for now so other FE cosplayers can get excited and hopefully someone will step up to be the organizer for it in 2014. It only take a dedicated organizer and 4 cospeeps to head down the "official" path so someone please step up and help this gathering happen.

If you would like to organize this gathering please start a thread for it and follow the first post guidelines. Submit the URL in the url thread and keep checking back on it. I have found that an "Active" organizer makes gatherings work.

Once FE has an organizer for 2014, or by Oct/Nov I will be locking this thread.

Hope to see a FE gathering in 2014!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

pokkypok

If I can get a FE costume done in time I'll be there! If not I'll still be there taking pictures anyway

marulurio

My friends and I are planning on doing a Fire Emblem Awakening group with Lissa, Lucina, Henry, Sumia, possibly Sully, and maybe more so if there is a gathering, we'd definitely attend! :)

pokkypok

Has anyone volunteered to organize this yet? If not I'm totally up for it if we still have enough people interested.

marulurio

I don't think anyone's stepped up to organize it yet? But if this does end up happening, I'm pretty sure my group would still be up for it.

Hakaru_chan

Hi everyone! I'd like to bring this gathering up again and I would like to take charge of it. Reason being is that I have about 15 physically reachable friends on my FB that are doing Fire Emblem cosplays including me (Tiki). What times/days work for everyone at this time? My advice is to schedule at least an hour or two before the LEAGUE one and the POKEMON ones... Location Wise: The Paseo de Cesar Chavez area in front of the Fairmont because there are trees/greenery there. Of course guys, give me your comments! Thanks!
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Hakaru_chan

Hello! Here is the FB link for the Fanime Fire Emblem Gathering 2014 -

https://www.facebook.com/events/1404883616432841/

(please share this with your friends if it's easier for them/if they don't have an account on on here etc.)
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Hakaru_chan

*BUMP* Hm... it looks like many of the larger gatherings are finally coming together to figure out their times and schedules... I'm checking back here too guys and the FB page! Make sure to not only say you are going on the FB page & on here but write down when you are free/wanting to have this gathering! Thanks!
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

angiekurashiki

hi! i'll be cosplaying noire, and i would be okay with having the gathering on saturday (not from 2-3 that's the smt one lmfao) or on sunday (ditto for times, i'm helping the kagerou project gathering.)

i'm super excited to meet all of you!

tumblr @ yournamewasangie
twitter @ oceanblogging
fanime '14: ayano tateyama, noire (fe13), minako arisato (p3), chiaki nanami.

ArcSymphony

Heyyo!

I'm interested. c:
I'm going as Morgan and my friend is going as Lucina.
I know two other friends of mine might be coming as Sumia and Lucina. I don't know if they posted here. So yeah~

TwistedFayt

I posted in the Facebook page but I wanted to confirm here as well.

I'll be attending as the tactician class from fire Emblem: Awakening.

I missed the meet up last year because I was told that it was cancelled so I hope it doesn't happen again. >.>
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla

Hakaru_chan

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been quiet for a while, I just got back from Sakura Con! I will update this page tonight so for now...*BUMP*
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: TwistedFayt on March 24, 2014, 03:27:19 PM
I posted in the Facebook page but I wanted to confirm here as well.

I'll be attending as the tactician class from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

I missed the meet up last year because I was told that it was cancelled so I hope it doesn't happen again. >.>

Sorry about what happened last year! I didn't know what happened last time either... I came as Tiki and was just as lost as everyone else. I think I should take a picture of the convention center now since its been changed completely since last year. Last year's construction really messed up things. Now, with all the space.. we should be fine! :)
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

TwilightLarryV1

Oh, I can explain what happened last year.

To summarize, someone was planning a gathering, and it looked as if it was going to be made official, and it was. However, the original poster sent me a message informing me that they were canceling to due being too busy, and at the time, at least if I'm remembering correctly, the timing of the thread was really close to the convention, and most of the posts on the thread were about how due to it's timing, they wouldn't be able to get a cosplay done, me included. Hence why I posted this thread so early in advance, and I can see it was a good call, as much more seem to be on board for the gathering this time around. Wish I could say the same for me, as I've been too busy to get a cosplay done in time.

Hakaru_chan

OK! I think I'm ready to make a new official thread. So, how do I go about this thread? Do I lock it myself or should I message BSaphire about locking this thread now?

I have also made an excel sheet of all attending (both on here and through the FB event), their requested times and what character they are going to be.

I have also made a rough draft list of what pictures we will be taking (there are going to be a lot including my personal favorite - everyone bring you 3DS/DS and play Fire Emblem together!)

www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

TwilightLarryV1

Just message BSaphire about locking the thread. Though I recommend doing so after making the new one.