Guests I Want For Fanime 2014!!!!!!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, June 08, 2013, 09:21:46 AM

Nina Star 9

It's that time again!!

Pretty much the same rules as always!

- Post a variety of types of guests (though there is a MusicFest guests thead)
- Speaking of which, please post MusicFest guests actually in the MusicFest thread! Since it's a different department, that's the easiest way to get them to see your suggestions
- Post guests that Fanime realistically has a chance of bringing out (so no one too big or too expensive or too obscure or too dead or too broken up or that doesn't actually do appearances, etc.)
- Post guests that people will actually want to see
- You can post your ~dream guests~, but keep in mind that not everyone is suitable as a guest for Fanime (so note it in your post if it is less realistic and don't get into fights over whether a guest is reasonable or not -- civil discussion of the suitability of a guest, fine, "OMG U HAV 2 BRING OUT MALICE MIZER U SUXXORZ IF U HATE ON THEM  >:( >:( >:(" is not)

Have fun~~!

Yes, we are up to 9 exclamation points for 9 years of this thread!
Wow I've been in these forums a long time!

Music Fest guest suggestions belong in this thread, not here, as they are separate departments. Thanks!

thepsynergist

Vic Micnogna or Sean Schemmel.  I'd love those.

Sivartius

I would love to have Miyu Matsuki as a guest. My dream guests would be Kenjiro Hata and/or Kōsuke Fujishima, but I don't know if they even do appearances, especially in the US.
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

keitoghostie

I would love to see: Kunihiko Ikuhara, Yuki Kajiura (with or without the rest of Kalafina, could be a musical guest!!), Chiwa Saito, Misuzu Togashi, Shizuka Furuya, Kazuaki Morita, and/or Lily Hoshino!

Firefury Amahira

+1 for Lanipator, KaiserNeko, and/or Takahata101 of Team Four Star!
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

eralston

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Glitch

Kana Hanazawa. Such a talented Seiyuu and she would make for an awesome guest.

Lucifargundam

I wonder if it were possible to setup a poll... where everyone could add to options and edit their ballets... that'd be quite efficient.

For the record, Mark Hildreth or Scott McNeil

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

GokuMew2

Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 14, 2013, 12:49:37 AM
I wonder if it were possible to setup a poll... where everyone could add to options and edit their ballets... that'd be quite efficient.
Evan is keeping count for us. =) I'm of course checking the thread too and making mental notes.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

eralston

Quote from: GokuMew2 on June 14, 2013, 05:58:42 AM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 14, 2013, 12:49:37 AM
Evan is keeping count for us. =) I'm of course checking the thread too and making mental notes.

That's correct I have a database containing thousands of requests that I run a plethora of analysis on.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Naiagu

I'd like Kamui Cosplay to be invited for a workshop on making cosplay. She is one of the best cosplayers out there and she's been interested to coming to the US to do some kind of workshop but there has never been enough interest. Her work can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/KamuiCos

also Rikki Simons (Voice of Gir), if HyperCon was able to get him, Fanime should have no problem. He's an absolutely amazing guy and I was a little sad seeing him not have much to do at such a tiny con, literally the size of a gym, on his birthday last year.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

flahmunrah

Oooh, I second Kana Hanazawa and Kalafina.

Maybe DOES or Spyair?

otakuya

I was going to re-suggest the Game Grumps, but....
Instead, I'll suggest Egoraptor, JonTron, AVGN, LittleKuriboh (again), and other internet/Youtube celebrity personalities

eHash

SF Taiko in a longer/larger performance than this year's performance by sj taiko

MarionetteCosplay

I, for one would love to see Vic Mignogna or Johnny Yong Bosch at Fanime '14. They are two of my favorite voice actors. X3
And also an "Original Character workshop". The idea is to work with other people, or by yourself, on an "original character". I have been making my own character for a while now for stories and roleplay. It can be completely unique or it can be based off any anime. The point is to make your own character with its own personality, backstory, appearance, weapons, abilities, etc. Its a great way to be creative and its so much fun.

kellandor

I also second Kana Hanazawa as guest for Fanime 2014 :3

Aoi Yuuki, Ai Kayano and Aki Toyosaki for guest would be great too.

fr33lanc3r

Kana Hanazawa, Ayana Taketatsu, Rie Kugimiya, STUDIO Trigger, Kyoto Animation

Music Guest? ClariS, fripSide, supercell (i doubt they'll come ;_;)

lanislori

Nina Star 9

Just a reminder that Music Fest guest suggestions belong in this thread, not here. :]