MOVED - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin Gathering 2014

Started by MaigoLily, June 08, 2013, 01:39:58 PM

jediFrank

I'll be going as Jean if i can get the hair right. Otherwise i might have to go as Connie.
~ Tentative 2016 Cosplay Lineup~
Bartolomeo (One Piece)
Erza (Fairy Tail)
Neptune (RWBY)
Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)

macswake

I'll be attending as Annie titan and my sister as Mikasa :)

macmorgster

Hi, I will be going as mikasa and my sister Macswake is going as the female Titan. Thanks :)

kyastar

Kumoshi

Will probably be coming as Rivaille (cleaning version)!

adarsda

Hi, I will (hopefully) be going as Rivaille!  :D

orkidian

Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)
Hinata Shouyou (Haikyuu!!)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]
orkidian @ tumblr, twitter

hanguknoodles

I'll probably attend as Male!Mikasa or Christa -v-

snowbunnie

decided that I'm going as Mikasa!I'd love to see some Jeans and take pics w/ them cuz JeanKasa is my otp & I wanna fangirl! owo

MaigoLily

I have posted an important update on the second post under the main info post of the first page. Please make sure that your fellow cosplayers, photographers, and other attendees read this post. 20 MORE DAYS!!!

keitoghostie

I know I've flip-flopped hella times but I MIGHT be attending as Reiner instead of Hanji.
Still TBD.

splitimagecosplay

We will be attending as Eren and Levi. (possibly with our full group who will be running two Fan Events with us) We are only missing Marco, Reiner, Bert, and Connie atm.

Would it be possible for us to announce our SnK Fan Event to everyone at the gathering; both before and after all the photo ops? The Fan Event will be after the gathering, we'd love it if a lot of the people were able to attend and join in the games since it will be nearby the photoshoot location. It will be interactive and game-based.
Thursday:
Free! - Rin & Haru - Letterman

Friday:
Ouran - Hitachiin - Wonderland
Attack on Titan - Titan Pajamas

Sauturday:
Attack on Titan - Scout Corps uniform

Sunday:
AoEx - Rin & Yukio
No.6 - Eve & Hamlet

Monday:
No.6 - Nezumi and Shion

MaigoLily

Of course you can, we may be running out of time towards the end, but I can always ask permission to see if I can stretch the gathering time a bit. You event sounds so exciting! Have you had gotten the event approved yet?

splitimagecosplay

Quote from: MaigoLily on May 09, 2014, 10:42:01 PM
Of course you can, we may be running out of time towards the end, but I can always ask permission to see if I can stretch the gathering time a bit. You event sounds so exciting! Have you had gotten the event approved yet?

Yes, it is approved and ready to go! Just waiting on Fan Events to get back to us about the times and rooming. We will update and post a link to all the information as soon as we can confirm. Right now you can take a look at our thread for more info about the Events:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19089.msg474177.html#msg474177

We are putting the last touches on the games for both Fan Events and panelist (all 15 of us).

We know that the 18+ panel(Shinegeki no Sleepover) will be on Friday, and will be late.
The All Ages (Shingeki no Shenanigans) will be on Saturday, and will be late afternoon or early evening.
Thursday:

Friday:

Sauturday:

Sunday:
AoEx - Rin & Yukio
No.6 - Eve & Hamlet

Monday:
No.6 - Nezumi and Shion

MaigoLily

Awesome! Just check in with me at the beginning of the gathering and we can find an appropriate time to announce it!

RonnieIsSenpaiKawaii

Going as Mikasa. (Hopefully 3DMG is done by then)
My friend Witty_Phantom is going as a Colossal Titan.

SquishyK

Quote from: splitimagecosplay on May 09, 2014, 02:30:31 PM
Would it be possible for us to announce our SnK Fan Event to everyone at the gathering; both before and after all the photo ops? The Fan Event will be after the gathering, we'd love it if a lot of the people were able to attend and join in the games since it will be nearby the photoshoot location. It will be interactive and game-based.

You should keep in mind that there is every possibility that the gathering will run longer then expected (I believe it is planned to end at 2:30 and your fan event starts at 3 right?). So you might not get a chance to make an announcement at the end of the gathering. You will also need someone to check in "30-45 minutes prior to the start of their panel" it probably only needs to be one person but I would keep that in mind too.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

splitimagecosplay

Quote from: pitin on May 14, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

You should keep in mind that there is every possibility that the gathering will run longer then expected (I believe it is planned to end at 2:30 and your fan event starts at 3 right?). So you might not get a chance to make an announcement at the end of the gathering. You will also need someone to check in "30-45 minutes prior to the start of their panel" it probably only needs to be one person but I would keep that in mind too.

We actually have two Fan Events, buy one will be Friday 11pm-1am.

Yes, we are aware that the gathering may(and most likely will) run longer, it is unfortunate but this was the latest time we could get and still have the layout of the room the way we needed it to be. We have 10+ panelists, so check-in shouldn't be a problem. I will double check with the Fan Events coordinator on that note to be sure.

We're hoping that many of the cosplayers/attendees will head to the Fan Event though. It's going to be a lot of fun of the attendees and audience participants! Who doesn't want to the chance to "kill" a Titan pinata or see how fast that can "devour" soldiers as a titan, right?

It's a two hour Fan Event, so even if it does run over, people can still make their way over after everyone finishes at the gathering. We didn't want to compete with anything else Attack on Titan, but in the end we has to settle for a time close to the gathering time. Better than overlapping with the chopped cosplay contest or the morning AoT panel.
Thursday:

Friday:

Sauturday:

Sunday:
AoEx - Rin & Yukio
No.6 - Eve & Hamlet

Monday:
No.6 - Nezumi and Shion

SquishyK

Quote from: splitimagecosplay on May 14, 2014, 04:02:37 PM
Quote from: pitin on May 14, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

We actually have two Fan Events, buy one will be Friday 11pm-1am.

Yes, we are aware that the gathering may(and most likely will) run longer, it is unfortunate but this was the latest time we could get and still have the layout of the room the way we needed it to be. We have 10+ panelists, so check-in shouldn't be a problem. I will double check with the Fan Events coordinator on that note to be sure.

We're hoping that many of the cosplayers/attendees will head to the Fan Event though. It's going to be a lot of fun of the attendees and audience participants! Who doesn't want to the chance to "kill" a Titan pinata or see how fast that can "devour" soldiers as a titan, right?

It's a two hour Fan Event, so even if it does run over, people can still make their way over after everyone finishes at the gathering. We didn't want to compete with anything else Attack on Titan, but in the end we has to settle for a time close to the gathering time. Better than overlapping with the chopped cosplay contest or the morning AoT panel.

Do you plan on either participating in or attending the Chopped Cosplay contest? I'm curious because I am in a team that will be participating. I can't wait, it's lots of fun! Also, maybe if your event starts before the gathering disperses you can just make sure there is someone outside of your pane/event group designated to announce your event. It sounds like it is going to be lots of fun XD
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

MaigoLily

The gathering may run over, but it will try to make sure it does not go over 30 minutes. If needed, I will edit the photography order on the spot to make sure that we don't overlap or rush too much.

splitimagecosplay, do you have an estimate of the number of attendees the panel room can hold?