MOVED - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin Gathering 2014

Started by MaigoLily, June 08, 2013, 01:39:58 PM

MaigoLily

NEW THREAD: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19638.msg481352.html#msg481352

2014 Gathering Photos:
snuckledrops
https://www.facebook.com/alicia.ward.3152/media_set?set=a.10152449274420056.1073741825.751730055&type=3
xHoshikuzux
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201182776649977.1073741833.1787232631&type=1&l=99817ec951

Hello to all my fellow Attack on Titan fans!

I was your 2014 gathering organizer. Following the gathering, I have been reflecting on my frankly crappy job ^^; And I have decided that I will no longer be organizing the gathering in 2015. keitoghostie will take over for 2015. I wanted to thank you all for the experience as well as being troopers through the heat.

Emotionally, I have moved on from this series. As I am still in school, my time is extremely limited. (College prep ; A;) I will not be able to put in as much time as I feel that I need to in order to improve, in addition I already run another gathering. I also realized that I am not quite ready, mentally and emotionally, to run a gathering for more than 100 people. This year was rocky, a lot of problems came up from all directions and I was too flustered to calmly make decisions like I needed to. I made my decision to step down and let someone with more passion take the reigns.

I have a few last things that I wanted to say. From my point of view, the Attack on Titan fandom is not as united as others since we all formed our own individual groups. I encourage you all to take the chance and approach others, talk to them! After all, gatherings aren't necessarily for the photos, it's for the community. Instead of coming to a gathering just to take photos, try interacting with the people more. It will make all the difference.

I hope it wasn't too gloomy and again, thank you for the experience,
MaigoLily

MaigoLily

I did early forum cleaning to keep track of the changes that need to be made so if you wanted 2014's list, here it it.

Gathering Information: Official 2014
Day: Saturday
Time: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
MP/L: Plaza de Cesar Chavez (Fountain area across the street from the Fairmont Hotel)

Estimated # of attendees: 130+

List of Attending:
Eren Jaeger: Hintata's BF?, Kris10chan?, EllipsisCosplay, msjeeq's brother, MelissaStar, Jessica, splitimagecosplay, Winnie
Mikasa Ackerman: yumicchi88?, Titan Desu, shizunoshana, EllipsisCosplay, mikasa-san, Gabby, Kiba, samichuno, mikasadanchou, kunoshiryuun, macmorgster, snowbunnie, RonnieIsSenpaiKawaii
Armin Arlert: kuromiluminous, EllipsisCosplay, tracygraves's friend?, (PJ! Armin) Jemes, nateb39007?, kyastar
Bertholdt Fubar: MintyPocky
Reiner Braun: Gunslinger56, keitoghostie
Annie Leonhardt: Irvy, gbx, simbaserket
Rivaille: MaigoLily?, xxToki's friend, TofuNinja, Feori, Melissa, (Fem!) victoria, napalm9, (Cleaning!) Kumoshi?, adarsda?, fenfeiikou, splitimagecosplay, chendiggity
Erwin Smith: SuperSchwiizer
Ymir: xxToki's gf, K.O.D's gf, Dagger-6, wingsofshingeki
Historia (Christa) Reiss: Riri?, xxToki, K.O.D, ArcticTale, wingsofshingeki's friend, msjeeq, Eggy Mcgee
Sasha Braus: demetria656, Langarang, Setsu Kirian, Caitlin, samichuno's sister, pitin, takaomi47?
Jean Kirschtein: EllipsisCosplay, tracygraves's friend?, (Horsey! Jean) samichuno's bf, napalm9, Krista, theheadlessgirl
Conny Springer: EllipsisCosplay
Hanji Zoe: Pologirl, capybaratime, gbx's friend, tracygraves's friend?, mikasa-san, Cosplayer Alex, Sebbyxciel123, obliviousedward, DangerHeart's friend, Kahluah, napalm9's friend, KellBean, chococookies_ld
Marco Bodt: Kat-Rei, Seismogenic (dark!Marco) thehauntedboy
Petra Ral: Katelyn, (angel!Petra) sierrastop, DangerHeart, Kelly, Mi Feng
Nanaba: Hinata
Carla Jaeger: (Angel!Carla Jaeger) HaruChan
Moblit Berner: RenRentheGreat
Original/Generic Character:
Titan Shifters:
-Rouge Titan: HeyItsMeeEE?, Rhys Cosplay
-Female Titan: tracygraves, heathuhrene, Firemage1000, macswake
-Colossal Titan: Witty_Phantom
-Armored Titan: King Ding, byronoku
Undecided: stitchez (Erwin, Annie?), snowbunnie (Mikasa/Sasha?), TheMaKaKi (Mikasa/Sasha?), Dathamster (?), DangerHeart (Petra/Christa?), Daniel (Erwin/Colossal Titan?), Blake?, Jazmin (Mikasa/Petra?), Sketch?, Laya?, shiyamiro (Jean/Marco?), jedifrank (Jean/Connie?), hanguknoodles(Male!Mikasa/Christa?)

MaigoLily

Rhornez

what if i get a titan mask can i come as a titan lol

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

MaigoLily

Of course! I don't see why not? We can get some nice titan slaying or people eating photos!

Rhornez

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Rhornez

Quote from: Barnes on June 10, 2013, 01:15:48 AM
You mean Attack On Titan?
its the same thing, she just chose to use the Japanese name instead. which sounds better to me in my opinion

MaigoLily

Rhornez: I'm not sure what those are.

Barnes: Yes, it is also Attack on Titan, but I prefer calling it by the given Japanese title. Should I have used the English title instead?

yumicchi88

I'm aiming for Mikasa.
Hope I can make the cosplay!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

HeyItsMeeEE

Going to try and go as Eren Jaeger's Titan form next year.
SUP?

shizunoshana

hi i'm going to become mikasa ackerman next year or sasha how do i sign up for the photograph? thnks

MaigoLily

All you had to do was comment! I'll put Mikasa and Sasha next to your name in undecided. Once you've made you decision, comment again and I'll change it.

Hinata

I want to go but haven't started on the cosplay yet but if I can make them for next year I want to be that short little blonde Christa? and my boyfriend want's to go as Eren<3 I just really hope we make them soon and get them done before con next year I really hope we can make it. I have a friend who might go as Jean. I hope we can all make it, it's all three of our first time going to a gathering :)

Meow!

keitoghostie

I will probably be Sasha and my s/o will probably be going with me as Hanji

Riri

Reporting in for a potential Historia cosplay!

Kris10chan

I'm going as Eren! Hopefully, if I finish in time. I'm working on his outfit now!
2015 Planned Cosplays:

Asseylum (A.Z)
Dlanor (Umineko)
Hinata (Haikyuu!!)
akuma!Homura (PMMM)
Chaika (HnC)
Kotori (Love Live!)

Rhoswen

Started on my 3dmg so hopefully I'll be there. I have plenty of time too. Might go as Zoe. Can't wait :)
Stars cannot shine without Darkness.

Titan Desu

totally coming to this as Mikasa -3- cosplay is soon to be finished!
Moshi Moshi Titan Desu