MOVED - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin Gathering 2014

Started by MaigoLily, June 08, 2013, 01:39:58 PM

obliviousedward

HANJIIIIIIIIS OMG.

If my hair wasn't so stubborn by nature (it's really curly), I would attempt to try and grow it out enough and style it in time for the con, but I've always had bad luck with it, so I'mma end up going with a wig. Good to know about the styling products though! :3

(Pssst, what would a group of Hanjis be called, I wonder? Like a group of horses being a herd and a group of crows a murder... A swarm? A maelstrom?)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

mikasa-san

I like a "Swarm of Hanjis", it has a nice ring to it. And yessss, so many Hanjis. :D
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

MintyPocky

Aight so I'm going to be Bertholdt instead of Jean and my best buddy is gonna be Marco instead of Levi.
2014 Costumes
Friday- Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
Saturday- Jean Kirschtein/Bertholdt Hoover (SNK)
Sunday- Meenah Peixes (Homestuck)
Monday- Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)

Kat-Rei

Hi im MintyPocky's buddy:)) i'll be attending the gathering as Marco:3
2014 Cosplay:
-Ryuko Matoi(Kill la Kill)
-Corporal Levi/Marco Bodt(Snk)
-Aranea Serket(Homestuck)
-Yata Misaki(Project K)

sierrastop

Hey! I'll probably be attending as angel!Petra because Fanime is too close to take on the project of that dang harness because there are never too many reminders that Petra died tragically!

Hope to see you all there!

DangerHeart

Officially reporting as Petra with a friend joining as Hanji.

samichuno

Hai! I'll be attending as Mikasa, my sister will be Sasha, and my bf will be Jean (is it okay if he wears a horse mask?) One of my friends is going to Fanime as Ymir, but I'm not sure if she can come to the gathering so I'll get back to you on that. I've never been to a gathering and it sounds freaking awesome! Can't wait :)

Jemes

Hi!! I made a forum account to post here haha I'll be Armin in PJs and fluffy dog slippers!!! I would like to make it pft i've never gotten to go to gatherings ***ON TIME***

SquishyK

Soooo everyone here knows that this year's Chopped Cosplay competition is AoT right? As much as I have loved having a guaranteed in and a free round the last two years, this is and awesome event and really deserves more fan participation. Plus for the last two years there have been fabulous prizes! I hope that you would want to be involved for the cosplay and not just the prizes but it helps to have some incentive. For more information look here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16570.0.html

p.s. I WILL BE ATTENDING THIS GATHERING AS SASHA!
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

samichuno

Thanks pitin I didn't know about that! And yay another Sasha for me to feed hehe

victoria

Ahh~ I'll be cosplaying as Female Levi that day oAo
Hopefully my 3dmg will be done by fanime >.< Just need to make the sword and spray paint ;A;~
Fanime Cosplay~!
Saturday: Levi from SNK [Genderbend]
Sunday: Morden Day!AU Levi [Genderbend]
Monday: TBD~!

SuperSchwiizer

I will be attending as Erwin Smith as long as it doesn't interfere with the Assassin's Creed meetup. c:
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

Kahluah

I'm hoping I will be able to attend if I get my Hanji cosplay done. I still have so much to do and my wig is on backorder (its unstyled too).

napalm9

I'll be Levi and my two friends will be Jean and Hanji~~

French maid Levi may also make an appearance, but I'm not sure. I may just wear it on day zero....

keitoghostie

For anyone who's bought the straps online, are there any sellers you'd recommend?

MaigoLily

heathuhrene

nateb39007

If I can get my costume done in time, I'll be Armin Arlert for the gathering :)
Possible Fanime 2014 cosplays:
Onoda Sakamichi (Yowapedal)
Kuroko Tetsuya (KnB)
Akihito Kanbara (KnK)
Ken Amada (P3)
Makoto Naegi (DR)
N (Pokemon B&W)
Armin Arlert (AoT)

Eliteslayer

The gathering is clashing with multiple other gatherings I wanted to attend, so sadly, I will have to pass until next year. Unless things get moved around, I just can't fit in six consecutive gatherings. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next time.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

CielloRegalo

So long as I don't have a conflict of interest for this gatherings time slot I will be there to take photos. I will also have business cards available so you can find where they will be posted. I will additionally announce what website you can find them on once I have an official "Convention/Cosplay" FB or tumblr page up. Currently my photos are posted on my personal page so its very cluttered. I look forward to seeing you all and I am extremely proud and impressed at the sheer volume of this fandom.