A Seed of an Idea that should Grow, Cosplay Swap meet?

Started by Janan326, June 16, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

Janan326

Hello I'm a resident of San Jose, and I had a cool idea, not necessarily one that I can put into action but an idea I want to see done somehow. To somehow get a lot of people together and hold a Costume, prop, market kind of thing. A Cosplay Swap meet if you will. Where one day (maybe during October since it is prime costume month) People that have costumes, costume parts, props, extra materials (like extra mold making supplies/cloth/etc), partially finished costumes/props that may never get done by themselves can shop, trade, sell to each other and the general public. Maybe even include people that are looking for costume commissions for an upcoming event/con/halloween thing (if they can build something in that limited time span). I don't have the resources or connections but maybe people know people or maybe get enough people to mob build this. A Place to do it at (A mall parking lot?) enough builders/sellers/traders to come, Security since we may be working with a lot of money and merchandise, and have to follow "weapon" laws, Advertisements? Who knows it may actually take off, but it needs a lot of help.

PinkHairSasuke

I like this idea and would be willing to help in any way I can.

Lucifargundam

How about reserving a flea market area in SJ or a parkinglot?? downside is itd be outdoors. Ideal place would be indoors but it would have to be somewhere small since turnouts are unknown and resources low.

A gymnasium?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: Lucifargundam on June 17, 2013, 05:46:24 PM
How about reserving a flea market area in SJ or a parkinglot?? downside is itd be outdoors. Ideal place would be indoors but it would have to be somewhere small since turnouts are unknown and resources low.

A gymnasium?
I was thinking that too about the Flea Market. A larger plot could be reserved and such.

Naiagu

This sounds like a great idea, maybe it would be possible to even sell used merchandise kind of like swap meet. I have a giant pile of manga I am still trying to get rid of but no buyers until con season comes up, as well as small figures I've gotten doubles of, wigs I never ended up using etc etc.

I like the idea of a flea market. It might have to be outside but as long as a nice day to sell is chosen it'd be fine.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)