Fanime 2014 Registration Price

Started by Lan Moore, June 18, 2013, 05:11:28 AM

Lan Moore

So I did at con registration because it's usually the lowest price you can get it for, when I did it this year it cost $60 so I can't help but wonder what the price for registration will be for 2014. Is there any known reason the price is so high already?

Barnes

I already bought my 2014 badge* for $50. So it should be at least that much, if not more.

Hope that helps.

As for why the price is "high," I dunno.

(*= I pre-regged on day 4 of this year)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

ewu

last year's price schedule is here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17900.msg448221.html#msg448221

We have not announced our 2014 schedule. Expect to see that when registration comes up in a number of months, if not before.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Lan Moore

Quote from: Barnes on June 18, 2013, 11:42:31 AM
I already bought my 2014 badge* for $50. So it should be at least that much, if not more.

Hope that helps.

O.O WAIT... why did it cost me 60 and you 50? I better go find my reciept

Barnes

The earlier you register, the lower the (4-day) badge price.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Barnes on June 18, 2013, 11:42:31 AM

Hope that helps.

Huh, that seems a bit high.  From what I've heard previous years, if you register on the last day of the con, the price is usually around $30.  Either Fanime is really jacking up the price for 2014, I've been severely misinformed about Monday registration prices from previous years, or they simply decided to not give those registering early a discount and when registration goes live online it will still cost $50.

ewu

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on June 19, 2013, 10:55:11 AM
Huh, that seems a bit high.  From what I've heard previous years, if you register on the last day of the con, the price is usually around $30.  Either Fanime is really jacking up the price for 2014, I've been severely misinformed about Monday registration prices from previous years, or they simply decided to not give those registering early a discount and when registration goes live online it will still cost $50.

The Monday price has not been $30 for many many many years, probably before 2006. It has been either a $5 increase or no increase each year. It's usually either a $5 discount or no discount on the pre-reg opening price.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: ewu on June 19, 2013, 01:12:05 PM
Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on June 19, 2013, 10:55:11 AM

The Monday price has not been $30 for many many many years, probably before 2006. It has been either a $5 increase or no increase each year. It's usually either a $5 discount or no discount on the pre-reg opening price.

So obviously the people I heard $30 from were severely misinformed.  When they told me that it seemed way too good to be true.  In that case, hopefully when registration goes up online it will stay at $50, though I know that won't be decided on until later on this year.