What do you want to see?

Started by dajoo, June 21, 2013, 12:05:25 AM

dajoo

Hello Everyone Out There In The Fandom

We are already lining up vendors for our 2014 show. Was there anything missing that you would like to see for the future? Be as specific as possible and I'll see what dreams I can make happen....let me specify that I'm talking about products/vendors.

Thanks To All
Jonathan A.K.A. That Guy A.K.A. Dealers Head 8)

limDsage

Hmm, Not sure if they are included on the list right now, but o you guys have Image Anime lined up?

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

dajoo

Quote from: limDsage on June 21, 2013, 09:48:53 AM
Hmm, Not sure if they are included on the list right now, but o you guys have Image Anime lined up?

Image Anime is on our line up to return.
This is the only question of this nature that I will answer until we go public with the website. Please limit this thread to new vendors or products. i.e. Import game company, a webcomic with a decent webstore presence, etc etc.

AR-99

I think it would be cool if J-List would show up but their US office is in San Diego and from what I have seen they hit up the big cons that are not too far from that area (AX and SDCC), although this year they also went to Arizona.

As for products, I would say more shitajiki although that is very niche, less than a handful of vendors tend to stock them.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

limDsage

Product-wise, Kamen Rider stuffs. :p

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

PinkHairSasuke

Import Game Vendor! This hasn't been there for years now, it'd be awesome if it returned.

dajoo

Quote from: PinkHairSasuke on June 26, 2013, 09:59:22 AM
Import Game Vendor! This hasn't been there for years now, it'd be awesome if it returned.

;) Workin on it. I noticed this missing as well.

Admiral Donuts

I've stopped collecting merchandise for the most part. I'd like to see more one-time use or edible items from Japan.

Anix

Quote from: Jeimizu on January 26, 2014, 09:36:51 PM
I've stopped collecting merchandise for the most part. I'd like to see more one-time use or edible items from Japan.

Tenga?
We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Anix on January 27, 2014, 12:10:45 AM
Quote from: Jeimizu on January 26, 2014, 09:36:51 PM

Tenga?

...like the egg?

EJAY420

Video gaming merch. The glitch.com venders are pretty rad. But we should get some electronic vendors.
Most Impressive.

Shinsengumi

A video game dealer would be great since we haven't seen those in years.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

kazushimehikaru

I'd love to see MangaGamer come back, possibly Toylet, Hobby Link Japan if possible...and I know its a far fetched one, but...AMI AMI. Wouldn't that be cool?

Spark Miko Miko

I want to see more touhou, Persona,  and Ami Ami, Manga Gamer would be cool too... please!

funsi

I think this is a stretch, but I'd love see any otome-related merchandise like otome games and drama CDs.

Makoto

Would love to see that one dealer that sold Dakimakura covers all the way in the corner in 2013. Was totally awesome, they also sold pillows/stuffing as well. There was also this one Touhou-based dealer that sold Touhou Dakimakura covers as well, and he was near the center of the hall.. Don't know why I can't remember their store names, but I hope somebody else does.

Other than that, more Figure dealers that sell more... relevant merchandise? Maybe you can tell current dealers to stop focusing on irrelevant anime from a decade ago that don't sell and focus on stuff that is actually relevant-- this anime season/ maybe a of 3-4 seasons ago... is that possible?

loghorizon1fan

Hello, I was just wondering how to sign up for the dealer's room. My boss owns a toy shop in Newpark mall in Newark and I told him about this convention because I went here last year. If you have any way we can contact you on how to get a booth please let me know
thanks!  :)

ewu

Quote from: loghorizon1fan on February 10, 2014, 05:00:29 AM
Hello, I was just wondering how to sign up for the dealer's room. My boss owns a toy shop in Newpark mall in Newark and I told him about this convention because I went here last year. If you have any way we can contact you on how to get a booth please let me know
thanks!  :)

You can get ahold of our Dealers Liaison by emailing dealersATfanimeDOTcom. We look forward to seeing you at Fanime!

Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sivartius

What do I want to see?
Translated Light Novels
That and more manga.  Reading material.
For non-literary merchandise...
Isumi from Hayate the Combat Butler  (I have a bit of a thing for long haired kind girls)
One of those traditional Japanese stringed instruments
Candles/Lamps/Lighted Items
CDs of Traditional and/or light Japanese music from Anime
DVDs
Those traditional Japanese sandals
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

keitoghostie

Quote from: Makoto on February 09, 2014, 08:21:36 PM
more Figure dealers that sell more... relevant merchandise? Maybe you can tell current dealers to stop focusing on irrelevant anime from a decade ago that don't sell and focus on stuff that is actually relevant-- this anime season/ maybe a of 3-4 seasons ago... is that possible?

I agree with this! Like I completely understand that merchandise from more recent series might not be released yet and that there are fans of more vintage series (that's true for me as well) but it'd definitely be nice to see fresher material.