Ripped off by an Artist Alley vendor

Started by DaniLeShaun, July 21, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

DaniLeShaun

My friends and I bought four hand drawn body pillows from a woman called Ashley Novitsky in Artist Alley at the 2013 Fanime. She said it would take about a month to get them to us and so far we have not received them. We have tried contacting her with the email she gave us, over Twitter, Facebook, and even Tumblr. We've lost count of how many times we've messaged her, but we have received nothing back. We're not sure what to do, we've consulted a lawyer who said we can't really do anything and we also know the police can't do anything either. We're at a loss and are just looking for some helpful advice and maybe other people who have had the same problem. Fanime is also not emailing back and we'd like to get ahold of them so maybe she won't be able to come back next year and do the same thing to other con goers.

Nieomy

I am part of this issue, and getting an update would be nice and to see if anyone else has had this problem!
Also, hey Dani!

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Xeluu

Hey,
A few things I'd recommend:
It may be worthwhile to contact head of Artist's Alley if you can give proof of who it was and what you've paid for and not received.
Additionally, it may be worthwhile to check and see if the person is listed on http://artists-beware.livejournal.com/ I do caution you, however, that any post made public on that LJ can NOT be removed, only listed as resolved, so please only post a "beware" on there as a last resort.
Otherwise, sorry to hear it. : /  Good luck!
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

djmonolith

I wonder... did the items ever arrive?

I have waited months for commissioned pieces that were supposed to be 2 weeks... or a month at the latest. 
This is my signature.