Artist Alley for Beginners panel?

Started by demetria656, September 11, 2013, 09:18:44 AM

demetria656

Hello~
My name is Demetria and I have been running my own Artist table for two years now.
Though I have never had a table at big cons like AX or Fanime, I would like to host a panel for those who would like to have a artist table in the future. I have ran a table at Kintoki-con (2 years) and Sac-anime (2, going on three.)
How do you get a table?
The check list.
How do you set up your table?
What is good to sell? How much should I print? What should I make?

All those questions and many more will be answered, along with some tutorials on how to make:
Keychains
Where to get your prints done.
How to make buttons
and how to interact with a customer.

Are you folks interested in a panel like this? Please do comment below.
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

Cosplay_Rose

I would love this! I've done Artist Alleys before, but I always love seeing what other people do. Other than what you've listed, I'd like to see some different table setups and displays, it would work well to just show photos of displays (with the table owner's permission), or to have photos of different ways that you set up your own booth (at other conventions or at home) so that you don't have to spend too much time during the panel setting different things up.

On the same note of displays, you could talk about where to get display things, like those wire cubes, PVC pipes, and where to get signs printed for your booth.

A tutorial on how to make keychains might be a fun idea, but keep in mind your audience size and the layout of the rooms. Unless you'll be doing this in a small workshop room, not everyone will be able to see what you're doing, especially on something small like a keychain.

As far as what to sell and "What should I make?", you could talk about the pros and cons of prints vs. plushies/hats/keychains (printable things vs. things you have to make individually).