Monterey County cosplay group (looking for members)

Started by ash, October 03, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

ash

A few of my friends and I are looking for more people to cosplay with. We go to cons all over California and cosplay everything from anime to video games,  cartoons, and comic books. No experience is needed. We're just looking for more cosplayers who like to have fun making costumes and going to conventions. Anyone (male or female, age: 18-100, skill level: noob - expert) is welcome. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

snowbunnie

Hey!! I'm from Salinas & I've just started cosplaying this year so I'm a total n00b lol I'm interested in joining your group cuz I'm looking for more people to cosplay with :D

ShikiIchijo

I'm not technically in Monterey County but I'm in San Benito, I live in Hollister. :3
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

snowbunnie

Close enough!:) It'll be exciting to go to cons with a cosplay group! My friends don't really like to do it :P

ash

That's awesome we're pretty new at it too. So far there is only four of us (not counting you two) and we're all from salinas too. Hahaha so what kind of costumes are  you guys working on for next year' oh ya and btw there is a cosplay gathering in dec that we're all going to if u guys would be interested in that its only $5. And maybe we can go as a group to that one or something that'd be fun. If u have any ideas let me know. I'm making a facebook page for us right now it should be ready tomorrowish hahaha.

SkylerKarashi

haha, this sounds kinda cool. :) ive never been part of a group. i mean, i may not be able to make it to everything, but i can try to make it to many cons/gathering with you guys.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

ash

That's awesome does anyone have any ideas for a group cosplay. I made a facebookfor the and ill post a link to it as soon as I get home hahaha

snowbunnie

Oh cool! I'll check that out when you put it up. As for cosplays I currently have Rinoa(FFVIII), Tifa(FFVII), and either Hanji, Sasha or Mikasa (SNK) but without the maneuver gear lol and all of them need a little more work. I'm down for that cosplay gathering as long as it isn't too far but I just won't have time to make new costumes because we're moving to a new house and I've got work & school  :-\

Group cosplays sounds like fun! First thing that popped into my head is SNK, or we could do a Pokémon trainer group too lol .

I've never been part of a group either, I'm pretty stoked! Looking forward to meeting you guys:D

snowbunnie

Oh yeah I've got LSP 100% done, I brought it to Japan Expo so if you guys wanna do adventure time I could help someone else out with their costume...

ash

Here's the facebook link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Left-Coast-Cosplay/320268358112806?cropsuccess. If you see yourself or anyone you know in the pictures feel free to tag em.

ash

SNK as in like Capcom vs. SNK or another SNK. hahahaha but ya i have 2 ash costumes from a few years back and i just made a bowling team fred flinstone costume today for halloween.It took me 2 hrs to make and I was thinking bout wearing it to a con or something but idk yet. Also my girlfriend and i both have xmen costumes so thats an idea but I'd prob make a whole new costume if we did that. hahaha idk i have a huge list of costume ideas that i wanna do next year.

ash

Happy halloween everyone! What's everyone up to today.

snowbunnie

Happy Halloween!

I saw the page, and I'll add some pics from cons that I've been to when I have time. Fanime 2013 was my first one, I'm so excited to go next year!

Quote from: ash on October 30, 2013, 10:39:17 PM
SNK as in like Capcom vs. SNK or another SNK. hahahaha but ya i have 2 ash costumes from a few years back and i just made a bowling team fred flinstone costume today for halloween.It took me 2 hrs to make and I was thinking bout wearing it to a con or something but idk yet. Also my girlfriend and i both have xmen costumes so thats an idea but I'd prob make a whole new costume if we did that. hahaha idk i have a huge list of costume ideas that i wanna do next year.

SNK as in Attack on Titan haha. I've got a list of cosplays that I wanna check off too, it's so fun thinking about who you're gonna cosplay and then when you break down their costumes it's like BAM! Roadblock haha

ash

Ohhhhh hahaha still don't get how snk is att on titan but ya there was like a trillion attack on titan people at the last gathering. Kinda like the homestuck people hahaha. I like to do cosplays equaly loved by people but never/ rarely done either that or it has to be done very well hahaha. But ya I'm one of those people who r like we can make any costume as long we put the time and money into it hahaha. Ill send u a message with all the cosplay ideas I have and see if u like any that u might wanna do a group of and ill ask everyone else to see what we come with also if u can send me a list of all the cosplays you would like to do no matter how crazy they sound to make that'd be awesome.

snowbunnie

Quote from: ash on November 01, 2013, 05:19:24 AM
Ohhhhh hahaha still don't get how snk is att on titan but ya there was like a trillion attack on titan people at the last gathering. Kinda like the homestuck people hahaha. I like to do cosplays equaly loved by people but never/ rarely done either that or it has to be done very well hahaha. But ya I'm one of those people who r like we can make any costume as long we put the time and money into it hahaha. Ill send u a message with all the cosplay ideas I have and see if u like any that u might wanna do a group of and ill ask everyone else to see what we come with also if u can send me a list of all the cosplays you would like to do no matter how crazy they sound to make that'd be awesome.

Well it's Shingeki No Kyojin in Japanese lol. Yeah I'm like that too, I'm still working on not procrastinating haha but okay I will!

Glitch

Awesome seeing the cosplayers of the Monterrey county congregating into a unit. ^_^
Me myself being from the Salinas/Soledad area.

ash

We are narrowing down the list of possible group cosplay ideas, so if anyone would like to join us message me for information about our cosplay group and what is going on with us.

snowbunnie

so sorry I haven't had internet at home since last weekend, i'm currently using the wifi at hartnell right now lol we should have it back on today though hopefully..

ash

Norcal winter cosplay gathering is on dec 21st in fremont if anyone is interested in cosplaying with us.