When is Housing?

Started by Celiy, December 10, 2013, 08:38:59 PM

Celiy

Hiya! I'm excited to plan for next year!  : ;D I'm coming from Washington for my favorite con and need to know when housing is up so I can plan accordingly. Thanks for any help ~

OtakuMessiah

You have to play it by ear usually. Make sure to check out their website when it's up and running. Also check here and make sure that you go on facebook or twitter and follow. Good Luck!  :D
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

MarionetteCosplay

Hopefully you aren't too late to book a hotel room close by. Just about every hotel is booked solid within a 2 mile radius of the convention center. My boyfriend and I booked our room back in November I think. Seem like 2014 will be a big year but nothing has been announced.

MeloettaMeridian

As OtakuMessiah said, you'll have to wait and see. I'm told that housing went up in January last year (I went last year but was too late to get a hotel room through housing), so I imagine it's only a matter of days before it goes up this year. When housing does become available, try to move quickly: apparently, last year, all of the rooms at the hotels closest to the convention center were taken in a matter of hours! (There were still plenty of rooms closer to where Fanime's sister convention Clockwork Alchemy took place, though, so you wouldn't be completely out of luck if you didn't move fast enough. You'd just have to take a shuttle to the convention center in that case.)

Quote from: MegKaneko on January 01, 2014, 12:22:19 AM
Hopefully you aren't too late to book a hotel room close by. Just about every hotel is booked solid within a 2 mile radius of the convention center.

This is incorrect! You are actually a bit early rather than too late. The rooms at many of the hotels near the convention center have been "booked" (really, they've just been blocked off) by Fanime Housing. This way, only con-goers will be able to book the blocked-off rooms. As I said, you'll probably be able to book a room later this month.

KellBean

I actually just called DoubleTree where they are holding Clockwork Alchemy they said they are fully booked already.
Fanime Cosplays

Black Widow - Civil War/Winter Soldier
Nami (Time Skip) - One Piece
Nanami (Formal Kimono) - Kamisama Kiss
Sea Goddess
Red Panda Kigurumi

MeloettaMeridian

Quote from: KellBean on January 03, 2014, 11:47:03 AM
I actually just called DoubleTree where they are holding Clockwork Alchemy they said they are fully booked already.

As I said, the rooms are listed as "booked" because housing has blocked off all of the rooms for the con. What I meant was that last year, there were plenty of rooms available through Fanime Housing (and ONLY through Fanime Housing), when it became available in January, at the DoubleTree and other nearby hotels. I imagine that'll also be the case this year.

I apologize for not making that clear. Hopefully what I'm saying is clearer now.

Junon

Fanime staff were good about putting the word out for housing through Twitter the last couple of years. So I'd recommend setting that up.

DangerHeart

Housing and Registration both went up on January 24th last year(Only remember the date because that's my birthday), but the wrong link was accidentally posted on the Fanime site and the correct one was posted to facebook(luckily I was refreshing that page like no one's business) so quite a lot of people were left booking their backup hotels or signing up for the wait list at the hotel they originally wanted. So like many people have already said, its always good to check Fanime's main page, these forums, facebook, and twitter regularly around this time of year.

I think last year they gave two weeks notice before it went live? Might have been one so don't quote me. I assume the same time frame will be given this year but its always good to be prepared for things to happen last minute and check every source.

KellBean

Quote from: MeloettaMeridian on January 03, 2014, 01:44:44 PM
Quote from: KellBean on January 03, 2014, 11:47:03 AM

As I said, the rooms are listed as "booked" because housing has blocked off all of the rooms for the con. What I meant was that last year, there were plenty of rooms available through Fanime Housing (and ONLY through Fanime Housing), when it became available in January, at the DoubleTree and other nearby hotels. I imagine that'll also be the case this year.

I apologize for not making that clear. Hopefully what I'm saying is clearer now.

Sorry my apologies, when you were talking about the rooms that were booked I thought you were only referencing the ones for the hotels near Fanime not DoubleTree as well.  But hey that's wonderful info to know, thank you!
Fanime Cosplays

Black Widow - Civil War/Winter Soldier
Nami (Time Skip) - One Piece
Nanami (Formal Kimono) - Kamisama Kiss
Sea Goddess
Red Panda Kigurumi

mikasa-san

Usually housing and registration tend to go hand-in-hand. At least from my experience. It's definitely important to keep checking Fanime's website as well as their twitter and Facebook accounts to keep updated.
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

The_Only_BlackGuyin_Anime

They posted it on facebook,

VIA FANIME FACEBOOK PAGE:

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeCon

Our hotel registration website will be going online on February 10th at 10:00 AM, 2014. The URL will be posted as we get closer and the prices are below... Have questions, post it here or tweet them to us and we'll respond as we can.

Hilton San Jose: $88 to $122
San Jose Marriott: $91 to $159
Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown: $112 to $112
The Sainte Claire Hotel: $99 to $119
The Fairmont San Jose: $89 to $215
Ramada San Jose Downtown: $67 to $72
Holiday Inn San Jose Airport: $79 to $89
San Jose Airport Hotel: $85 to $85
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose: $88 to $91
*Link Removed*

Lucifargundam

If there was a thumbs-up option on the forums, id give you one for taking the incentive...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

limDsage

I wish I had more hands, so I can give that information four thumbs up!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

DangerHeart

Yay, it goes up before my friends break at work. Guess I'm booking everyone's rooms again this year! Whoo! /nooooooooooooooooo

kongrave

I'm probably going to skip one of my classes in order to try and get a room :p