Character Workshop for 2014

Started by MarionetteCosplay, January 01, 2014, 01:40:54 AM

MarionetteCosplay

So, I'm a story writer and roleplayer and have been for a couple years now. I absolutely adore making my own "original" characters or "OC's." I thought it would be fun for others to try. I have about 10 original characters of mine. Anyway, an original character workshop might be a cool way to get those creative juices flowing. This character can be based off any series/cartoon/anime just as long as they aren't putting a new name on a pre-existing character. Think of names, small background, appearances, weapons(if any), powers(if any), etc. Not exactly sure how the whole event will be set up will go but people can work together or work individually and share with who they want. Maybe have some music up or some show running for inspiration. Be creative as can be.
Any ideas on the set up for the event could go? Well don't be shy! c:

BunofGovt

How do you make up your original character?  Not sure it's as easy as just: here's 'Joanne', she can fly, she's an orphan, she's going to save the world from Professor Minuss.

Maybe you could start with a specific situation/place/event (either from an anime/game/tv/movie) and then give people time like 15 minutes to work on a character to put into that situation (brief background, what is he/she doing there, why, etc).  Either singly or in pairs maybe.  Then 15 minutes to either stay in that situation or go elsewhere in order to give their characters more purpose or history.  Then either time to write a future path, or evolution.

Sometimes when I'm watching a show or reading a book, I think wouldn't it be cool if this character could do this, or if someone would turn up and be able to do this to save everyone.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.