Dota 2 Gathering Thread 2016

Started by Imperial, January 05, 2014, 02:41:57 PM

Imperial

All the following is subject to change, as nothing is Nailed down quite yet.

Day: TBD
Time: TBD
MP: TBD
L: TBD

List of attending ~ Character of attendee

Photography Order:
*sample*
Group Shot
Radiant Heros
Dire Heros
Strength Heroes
Agility Heroes
Intelligence Heros
Minions/monsters/couriers/other
Group Shot
Requests

Disclaimer: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Other information, and introductions:

Hello Folks, I was Pudge last year that gathered somewhat together the Dota gathering, as it was attached to the League gathering, but we kinda got blown out of the water (no offence to League whatsoever, I barely advertised this gathering), so I decided to make our own gathering, as we had a decent number of cosplayers, and I hope for more to join us. If you got a question at all of what the gathering is going to be(as it is getting nailed down), I am more than willing to answer your questions, just ask.

Photos of previous gatherings : http://digital-haze.net/photos/tag/dota.html

Imperial

Hey you, YES YOU!

Do you want to cosplay? dont have the money to cosplay? want to just be a character for a day? Then I got the best offer for you! I have put together 5 meepo cosplays, and all I require from you is A:attend this gathering B:give it back to me at the end of the day C: wear dark brown clothing (Pants, shirt, shoes if you can.) If you can do this, I am more than willing to let you be MEEPO THE GEOMANCER! post here, or PM me, and we can get going on this.

Imperial

thread for the 2015 year is a go!

Tabbychan

Hey! I am still deciding WHICH dota cosplay I will do but you can put me down as Mirana for now. :) I'm between her and Rylai(crystal maiden)

harmonicpoet

I agree that there should be a gathering. Hopefully it happens! My cousin (the Dragon Knight from 2013) and myself (the Drow Ranger from 2013) are also considering making new Dota 2 cosplays. We also have a few friends that do play Dota 2 that are interested in cosplaying, but we will have to keep bugging them and confirming about it. haha

For now for me, my cousin, and our friends, it's a maybe but we ARE strongly considering it because we were sad to not see that many Dota 2 as much as last year. We will look for more people, but yes, I'm down to cosplay next year and so is my cousin. He wants to do Anti-Mage XD. I might refine my Drow Ranger (complete with a Shadow Blade hehe) for I'll admit, it was not finished at all or constructed properly. I'm also looking into Lina or Templar Assassin.

Imperial

Quote from: harmonicpoet on June 15, 2014, 09:26:14 PM
I agree that there should be a gathering. Hopefully it happens! My cousin (the Dragon Knight from 2013) and myself (the Drow Ranger from 2013) are also considering making new Dota 2 cosplays. We also have a few friends that do play Dota 2 that are interested in cosplaying, but we will have to keep bugging them and confirming about it. haha

For now for me, my cousin, and our friends, it's a maybe but we ARE strongly considering it because we were sad to not see that many Dota 2 as much as last year. We will look for more people, but yes, I'm down to cosplay next year and so is my cousin. He wants to do Anti-Mage XD. I might refine my Drow Ranger (complete with a Shadow Blade hehe) for I'll admit, it was not finished at all or constructed properly. I'm also looking into Lina or Templar Assassin.
I talked to you guys at con, and I understood your situation. I posted that I have Meepo cosplays all set, so if its a matter of doing a cosplay, I got almost everything for them, they just need to come in tan clothing. Have meepos hoods and weapons, need cosplayers.

Weegan

Hello everyone!

I will be cosplaying as Windranger next year. Put me down as WR please! I may have a couple of friends joining too. It would be awesome if we could get at least 10 people and have a Dire vs. Radiant thing going on.

Imperial

Master post updated. All getting excited for the New Bloom event coming up?

Imperial

New bloom has come and gone, and I dream to see the arcana form of Crystal maiden at the gathering, as I have the perfect doll for a pup of icewrack. Bumping as a check in.

hinerz

Yay, finally found Dota2 gathering thread!

Although, I don't know if I will be cosplaying a dota2 hero. For ti4, i did a very casual windrunner. I'm interested in a genderbent kotl or just... drag kotl?

Also, I am new to conventions-- are gatherings solely for taking photos of cosplayers? Or are there other activities?

Imperial

The gathering is more for photos, but it doesnt mean that we cant hang afterword. Who knows, maybe we can head over to the gaming hall and do a 5 man in cosplay.

Imperial

hinerz

Awesome. I'll try to be there as drag kotl.  :-*

mryekcim

I have some friends that are gonna try and do a group Dota 2 cosplay. We will try and be there.

Imperial

Localvirgin

Much love for organizing this, ty ty. You said you have the weapons too for Meepo? The default set or item sets like Riftshadow Roamer?

Imperial

I am starting to regret on not giving a deadline on the meepo cosplay. im sorry, but I am down in SJ till con, whereas the meepo cosplays are back at my home in Santa Rosa. It was the default meepo, but it was something.

Localvirgin

Quote from: tjimmy2 on May 06, 2015, 01:07:37 PM
I am starting to regret on not giving a deadline on the meepo cosplay. im sorry, but I am down in SJ till con, whereas the meepo cosplays are back at my home in Santa Rosa. It was the default meepo, but it was something.

Haha~ Just joined up today to see gatherings and I was like O_O Dota2 gathering?! It's all good. I want to try for Invoker or something but con's getting closer and I still have finals. I'll stop by the gathering for sure though, definitely want to get pictures of the MOBA cosplayers.

Imperial

I know I dont update often, but I will want to carry this over for next year. Updating/ creating gatherings for the next year.