Question about reservations?

Started by Ruby, January 08, 2014, 07:18:47 AM

Ruby

Hi!

I know hotel reservations aren't up yet and I know fees are ultimately taken out at check-in, but I was just wondering once they are, can I reserve without actually *having* the amount needed for the 3 nights in my bank at that time? I'm worried that hotel reservations will go up at a bad time and I won't have the money yet. I know I'll have it for when the convention happens, but with other things needing to be paid for I just want to make sure my credit card would still go through and complete the reservation (and hopefully they don't take out any pre-cautionary type fees and such). If it helps, I plan on reserving a room at the Hyatt.

Hopefully I worded this correctly...Thanks guys!
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

TofuHopper

For reserving the rooms when hotel reservation goes up there will be no charges to your card. Charges will only be apply on the day you check in(from all my past experiences) :> Cute Profile gif btw <3

phr34kish

I've used Fanime Housing every year I've gone to con, and they've never charged me up front for the hotel. They just need a credit card on file to "hold" the room. It's a liability thing for the hotel in case you don't show up. Just make sure you have enough for your hotel stay (and deposit if you're using a debit card) when you check in! :)

DangerHeart

Every year I book a room my bank account only has a few cents in it  ;D It's just to hold the room and so they can charge you one nights stay and tax if you cancel after the date given when you book(Usually the end of April I think), or don't show up at all. No worries.

Ruby

Thanks for all the replies guys! :D That puts a lot of worry in my mind to ease. :P Now, to wait for those hotels to go up and hope I can get a reservation in time!  :)
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;