(FAN EVENT) Attack on Titan: Humanity vs. Titans (Planning and Casting)

Started by orkidian, January 13, 2014, 06:49:54 PM

orkidian

Hello! My friend Adrianna and I are planning a fan event where the attendees join sides with either humanity or the titans to see who prevails!

Right now, we are in the process of planning and casting. So, we need Attack on Titan cosplayers willing to be moderators of this event!

How this Event Works:
The cast of cosplayers run games and interactive activities based on a point system. By the end, whichever team with the most points (humanity or titans) wins!

Audition Information:
ALL audition information is found here: (Tumblr link) [http://fenfeiikou.tumblr.com/post/72727086113/fanimecon-2014-attack-on-fanimecon-fan-event]

If we are approved, an official annunciation post will be made here in the forums; this post is just for preparatory purposes.

If you have any questions, please direct them to me by emailing at [email protected]
We hope you can join us!

Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)
Hinata Shouyou (Haikyuu!!)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]
orkidian @ tumblr, twitter

SquishyK

A bunch of my friends and I are planning to cosplay Shingeki. We have a Sasha (me), Mikasa, Armin or Levi (she hasn't decided but it will probably be Levi), Eren, and maybe a Jean. I'll ask them if they would be interested in joining on this. Are you planning it for the same day as the gathering?
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Tenya

Do you know roughly how long the rehearsals will be, what time of day they're likely to be at, and how many will happen? I'm thinking about auditioning, but am wary of potential schedule conflicts with rehearsals for a concert that's the weekend before the con.

orkidian

Quote from: pitin on February 06, 2014, 04:07:32 PM
A bunch of my friends and I are planning to cosplay Shingeki. We have a Sasha (me), Mikasa, Armin or Levi (she hasn't decided but it will probably be Levi), Eren, and maybe a Jean. I'll ask them if they would be interested in joining on this. Are you planning it for the same day as the gathering?

Yes, we are planning it for the same day as the gathering.
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

orkidian

Quote from: Seismogenic on February 08, 2014, 12:17:39 PM
Do you know roughly how long the rehearsals will be, what time of day they're likely to be at, and how many will happen? I'm thinking about auditioning, but am wary of potential schedule conflicts with rehearsals for a concert that's the weekend before the con.

We plan for the rehearsals to be 30 mins.- 1 hr. long. They're likely to be in the early afternoon after lunchtime at 1-2 p.m. Rehearsals start on the weekend of March 7 and end May 18; there are 11 Saturdays between those dates. If everything goes smoothly, rehearsals will be on those Saturdays, if not, then Sundays.

These times are basically tentative, depending on our panelists' ability to attend.
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

mikasa-san

I am interested. Is there any way to sign-up as a "maybe" and attend your rehearsals and whatnot and see if it's something I would be able to do??? I am cosplaying as Hanji Zoe this year.  :)
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

orkidian

Quote from: mikasa-san on February 15, 2014, 05:53:47 PM
I am interested. Is there any way to sign-up as a "maybe" and attend your rehearsals and whatnot and see if it's something I would be able to do??? I am cosplaying as Hanji Zoe this year.  :)
I'll gladly note you as a "maybe" in the cast list, however, we already have a Hanji for our event. :( Sincerest apologies! Is there a possibility you could join us as another SnK character?
You can find the full cast listing here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11GMmIB2m9MOkqd6V3he6dXTEKm784oVmcZltook68i0/edit?usp=sharing
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

Tenya

Quote from: fenfeiikou on February 13, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

We plan for the rehearsals to be 30 mins.- 1 hr. long. They're likely to be in the early afternoon after lunchtime at 1-2 p.m. Rehearsals start on the weekend of March 7 and end May 18; there are 11 Saturdays between those dates. If everything goes smoothly, rehearsals will be on those Saturdays, if not, then Sundays.

These times are basically tentative, depending on our panelists' ability to attend.

Thanks for the info!
Would every person need to be at every single rehearsal? I already know that I wouldn't be able to do anything at all between 29 April and 5 May.

Sorry for so many fiddly questions, haha. I just really don't want to screw things up for the group if I say I can do it and then realize I have to miss a few things.

(For the record, I'd be auditioning for Marco.)

orkidian

Quote from: Seismogenic on February 16, 2014, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: fenfeiikou on February 13, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

Thanks for the info!
Would every person need to be at every single rehearsal? I already know that I wouldn't be able to do anything at all between 29 April and 5 May.

Sorry for so many fiddly questions, haha. I just really don't want to screw things up for the group if I say I can do it and then realize I have to miss a few things.

(For the record, I'd be auditioning for Marco.)
No, I don't think every person will have to be at every single rehearsal. I anticipate the practice sessions will be more of a "get-to-know-each-other" type of thing, since the main scripted part is the introduction and the rest is mostly improv. Also, the script will be shared with every panelist, so we can always practice on our own time.

Actually, I'm glad you cleared things up before auditioning. Thanks!
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

mikasa-san

Quote from: fenfeiikou on February 16, 2014, 09:19:33 AM
I'll gladly note you as a "maybe" in the cast list, however, we already have a Hanji for our event. :( Sincerest apologies! Is there a possibility you could join us as another SnK character?
You can find the full cast listing here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11GMmIB2m9MOkqd6V3he6dXTEKm784oVmcZltook68i0/edit?usp=sharing
Yeah I can also modify my cosplay to do a "Mikasa Ackerman" cosplay. My Hanji and Mickasa cosplays are pretty interchangeable. I just have to style my hair differently, remove my glasses, and add her signature scarf and I can do a Mikasa  :)
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

orkidian

Quote from: mikasa-san on February 16, 2014, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: fenfeiikou on February 16, 2014, 09:19:33 AM
Yeah I can also modify my cosplay to do a "Mikasa Ackerman" cosplay. My Hanji and Mickasa cosplays are pretty interchangeable. I just have to style my hair differently, remove my glasses, and add her signature scarf and I can do a Mikasa  :)
Wonderful! :D
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

orkidian

Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

SquishyK

Quote from: fenfeiikou on February 21, 2014, 02:35:06 PM
Audition deadline is coming up on February 28!

I noticed that you wanted a photo of our cosplay progress; however, my friends and I plan to purchase most of our cosplay. We decided that we will only be making the 3D maneuver gear ourselves (and wig styling/make-up). Would it be ok so send example of other cosplays that we have done so that you can get a general idea of our cosplay ability?
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

orkidian

Quote from: pitin on February 21, 2014, 04:48:26 PM
Quote from: fenfeiikou on February 21, 2014, 02:35:06 PM
Audition deadline is coming up on February 28!

I noticed that you wanted a photo of our cosplay progress; however, my friends and I plan to purchase most of our cosplay. We decided that we will only be making the 3D maneuver gear ourselves (and wig styling/make-up). Would it be ok so send example of other cosplays that we have done so that you can get a general idea of our cosplay ability?
That's fine!
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]

orkidian

It's come to my attention that emails sometimes don't always go through. If you submit an email to me and I don't respond to you within 6 hours, don't hesitate to contact me outside of gmail. You can message me here or on Tumblr (fenfeiikou.tumblr.com).

Thank you for your cooperation!
Fanime '15:
PANELS
T.B.A.

COSPLAYS
Levi (Attack on Titan)
Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)

CONTACT
[email protected]