Kamen Rider x Super Sentai / Tokusatsu Gathering 2015

Started by hakurei, January 22, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

hakurei

Hi everyone! The KR/SS/Toku gathering is coming back for 2015 and I'll be your host once again! :) Come and hang out with us whether you're a Rider or a Ranger or a Knight (and yes, anime series are welcome as well!!) or even if you're just a regular tokusatsu fan!

PANEL INFO:

• If you're running a Toku-related panel, please let me know in the comments or via PM! I'll place the info on this top page for anyone who's interested in attending.

PLEASE READ: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Time/Day: Saturday, 11:30AM
Location: G8a (Same as last year, upper corner by Marriott AKA the woodsy area!)

People Attending (Cosplayer - Character [Series]):
Total # Confirmed: 9

Kamen Rider Series

• KawaiiMess - fem!Hongo Takeshi (Kamen Rider)
  • exploding-goats - Aikawa Hajime (Blade)
  • dexchu100 - Kamen Rider Gaim Kiwami Arms (Gaim)
  • SilverRanger501 - Tomari Shinnousuke (Drive)
  • Char350 - Chase (Drive) (?)
  • hakurei - Shijima Kiriko (Drive)
  • limDsage - Shijima Gou (Drive)

Super Sentai/Power Rangers Series

• Angelx624 - Usami Yoko (Go-Busters)
  • SilverRanger501 - Tani Chiaki (Shinkenger)
  • Char350 - Umemori Genta (Shinkenger) (?)

Other Series

• Char350 - Jakuzure Takeru (Garo) (?)
  • Fashwiing - Kusugami Aguri (Garo)

Photography Order: (tentative, suggestions please!)

• Group Shot
  • All Super Sentai/Power Rangers
  • Super Sentai/Power Rangers by chronological series
  • All Kamen Riders
  • Kamen Riders by chronological series
  • OTHER toku series
  • Super Hero Taisen
  • Requests
  • FINAL group shot
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

KawaiiMess

As usual, I'm in!

You've got 25 seasons of karate bugmen, 38 seasons of color-coded super squads, and that's not even counting Metal Hero/non Toei tokusatsu to catch up on--your viewing schedule's gonna be packed! D :

I'll be going as Joujima Yuuki from Kamen Rider Fourze, same as last year.
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)

Fashwiing

I'll be there! I'll probably be Kusugami Aguri from GARO: Yami wo Terasu Mono, since it's the only toku cosplay I know I'm bringing to con, but if I'm sick of lugging my bow around by then I'll have something else (maybe Ian from Kyoryuger, maybe Mele from Gekiranger if I finish her)

If you need someone to be loud for you I can volunteer again, but my only stipulation is you gotta have a shooting schedule 'cause last year started devolving into chaos by the time Gavan and Kabuto showed up.
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

CherryGeri

Will definitely be there!! ......not entirely sure but I think the tentative plan is that our Kyoryuger group from last year has grown to a full 10 members and we wanted to get that together by Fanime, so most likely I'll be going as Amy (KyoryuPink) again! ^O^/

otherwise i'll either be Mai from Gaim [we'll see how this works out @u@;;] or possibly even Koyomi from Wizard [not that I really want to bring this to Fanime though because i'll be melting with bell sleeves and a heavy capelet] XD
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

Pokemon Ranger

I will be there!! I will be making Kouta(Kamen Rider Gaim) cosplay so I can't wait!!

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I was there last year as Nossan/KyoryuBlue with my Kyoryuger group. Seeing as how we have the whole team now, I'm most likely going to be there as Nossan again, and I've got plenty of puns for this gathering.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

RedGxHenshin

I'll be going as Daigo Kiryu from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger. Same as last year's with the group. Like Geri said, we have all 10 Kyoryugers now.
Fanime 2016 cosplay line-up: Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost), Sorey (Tales of Zestiria), Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

SilverRanger501

Hey i was the Souji from the kyoryuger group last year! Gonna definitely be there for sure. Gonna be Utsemimaru for the gathering along with my team of 10, though ill also be 2 other 6th rangers on the other days XD

Zubat

Damn, Damn, Damn. I am not sure what i will be doing this year. Last year I did Uchu Keiji Gavan so, I guess i may do a Rider. BUT WHICH ONE ???????

Captain Marvelous

I'm the Tessai of the group for Daigo up there.

Though, depending on how things go, I might come as Marvelous/GokaiRed.
Next Con
????

Angelx624

I shall be there as Ian Yorkland again!! ^^ Also gonna switch into Kaito Kumon from Kamen Rider Gaim for the Kamen Rider portion of the gathering! ;D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

hakurei

Wowza, everyone in this thread stays up really late! Intro post is updated with everyone who's commented so far, as well as a tentative photo order list (thanks KawaiiMess for sending me the list from last year)! I put everyone down as their first choice for now, so let me know if your plans change later on! (@Fashwiing: My voice tends to give out after half an hour or so of talking so I might need to grab you for help if that happens!)

Also, it's kind of early to decide, but what day and time does everyone prefer? I saw in the old thread that the past gatherings were on Saturday -- that's the day the new Gaim/Tokkyuuger episode airs so if anyone has any grievances about it then speak up now! As for location, I haven't been to the remodeled con center myself yet but I will most likely be in that area this weekend so I'll scout for neat places to meet up!

I put myself down as Sonozaki Wanaka from W but my plans flip flop so often that it'll probably change once it gets closer to Fanime... I might go as Miu from Fourze instead or show up as someone completely different, haha; I'm trying to do my homework before Fanime (plowing through the Heisei riders atm and Gokaiger afterwards) but I might not still remember the names of the older sentai, so I apologize way in advance if I completely forget your character's name ;_;! I watched Den-O years ago but I didn't get hooked on toku until Gaim started airing so I am COMPLETELY new to this thing, but I am reaaally looking forward to the gathering and want to make it as big of a success as possible!

Also, I talk a lot, SORRY ;__;
tumblr | facebook

renalcul

I'm Aiming to do Ankh by fanime.

Also, it wouldn't matter what day it would be, we don't get Subs until Mondays anyway.

hakurei

Quote from: renalcul on January 23, 2014, 12:41:01 AM

Also, it wouldn't matter what day it would be, we don't get Subs until Mondays anyway.

Added to the post!

There are some impatient people (like me) who watch the live broadcast on Saturday afternoons and then rewatch with subs when they come out - I can wait, I just want to see if anyone has a serious objection to missing the raw stream :D
tumblr | facebook

renalcul

Quote from: hakurei on January 23, 2014, 12:50:33 AM
Quote from: renalcul on January 23, 2014, 12:41:01 AM

Added to the post!

There are some impatient people (like me) who watch the live broadcast on Saturday afternoons and then rewatch with subs when they come out - I can wait, I just want to see if anyone has a serious objection to missing the raw stream :D

Eh, i'm the type to just catch the early clips of new form debuts and rider debuts.

Angelx624

Well, I usually just wait for the subs, anyway, so it really doesn't matter to me(also I'm still catching up on Gaim.... T___T;; )

Also, we'll see how this "switching cosplays within a gathering" goes. It's just I really want to do both for the gathering. XDDD;;; But if I feel I can't I'll just be Ian then, and will be Kaito on another day. :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

renalcul

Quote from: Angelx624 on January 23, 2014, 03:10:58 AM
Well, I usually just wait for the subs, anyway, so it really doesn't matter to me(also I'm still catching up on Gaim.... T___T;; )

Also, we'll see how this "switching cosplays within a gathering" goes. It's just I really want to do both for the gathering. XDDD;;; But if I feel I can't I'll just be Ian then, and will be Kaito on another day. :P

Get caught up already, shit just got real.

limDsage

I'll be doing Shotaro Hidari on this gathering. :D

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

hakurei

limDsage - Added to the top page!

Angelx624 - I've switched costumes during a gathering to make it to another one happening right after, and they both had skirts :D It's not too hard as long as you're wearing an undershirt and have a bag or a friend to toss your other costumes onto! I'm thinking we'll go through each series chronologically too so you'll have all of the other Showa/Heisei riders to get through before we do Gaim photos. :P Of course, this year is going to have a ton of Gaim since it's the new hotness - maybe we can have a mini Beat Riders meetup another time too if there are enough people interested?
tumblr | facebook

CherryGeri

The new remodeled convention center looks SO GREAT, was there a few months ago and the outside front area is so much more spacious now that the construction is all done.

Would be nice to keep the same day from past gatherings; since i'm at the con all weekend i usually just wait until i get home to watch anything toku (even though i am one of those people who like to watch a live stream of the new episodes as they air, at least when i get the chance) XD

oh and i'd totally be down for a Gaim meetup like....later in the day from when we have our main Toku gathering? since i'm planning to get a Mai cosplay done by Fanime, it'd be great to do photos with everyone~ ^O^ especially since i don't think i could go from Amy to Mai during the actual gathering ^^;
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura