Kamen Rider x Super Sentai / Tokusatsu Gathering 2015

Started by hakurei, January 22, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

Animegeek86

looks like we got 1130 am.  So we got to make it fast.

exploding-goats

Hi, earlier I said I was going to cosplay as heart, but I dont have the money and I might just do a coset cosplay as kamen rider gumi kid.

hakurei

Front page updated with time and location! The time is Saturday, 11:30AM and we'll be meeting in the same spot as last year, near the trees by the Marriott.

I've been checking the Fanime panels twitter too and it looks like a Tokusatsu related panel made it into the schedule, so if anyone here's running it or knows the details about it then please let me know so I can put it up on the front page for anyone who's interested too.
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

Animegeek86

not necessarily.  It said that we are in the upper corner.  Now I might be wrong, but ain't that upstairs?  Just asking.

hakurei

Quote from: Animegeek86 on April 21, 2015, 03:11:13 PM
not necessarily.  It said that we are in the upper corner.  Now I might be wrong, but ain't that upstairs?  Just asking.

Nope! I asked for the same location we were given last year which is 8a, "upper corner" just means up in the corner between the Marriott and the con center.
tumblr | facebook

Animegeek86

By the way I almost forgot to say this, but I will be cosplaying as ToQ #1 Raito Suzuki.

pantsu

Is anyone watching ninninger?  Sooooo, starninger looks campy as all hell.  I have the starburger preordered, so MIGHT go as him...because this:
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

Angelx624

Quote from: pantsu on April 30, 2015, 02:06:25 PM
Is anyone watching ninninger?  Sooooo, starninger looks campy as all hell.  I have the starburger preordered, so MIGHT go as him...because this:

I'm soo behind on Ninninger, but I plan to catch up during the summer. He looks awesome and I do need to get back to watching it. >< Been trying to get Go-Busters finished. ^^;; I've been procrastinating on that(especially since I got more into Kamen Rider Wizard lately too oops)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Char350

Hi hi,

Can you remove Takeru and Aguri from the list?

Also are we going to have a separate Drive gathering like we did for Gaim last year?
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

hakurei

Quote from: Char350 on May 05, 2015, 02:17:26 PM
Hi hi,

Also are we going to have a separate Drive gathering like we did for Gaim last year?

I'm not seeing that much interest for a separate gathering, and this thread has been pretty dead... If I can get a count of how many people would actually want to have a secondary gathering (not just for Drive but for any other toku-related costumes) and meetup at a restaurant again then I can throw out some times, but for now, I'm gonna have to say no :-\ Sorry!
tumblr | facebook

Char350

Also we have a photog who wants to film the gathering doing the Ninninger ending dance.  Anyone interested?  Here's the one he did for Sakuracon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5zLzlt4Ww
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

Angelx624

Quote from: Char350 on May 08, 2015, 11:28:17 AM
Also we have a photog who wants to film the gathering doing the Ninninger ending dance.  Anyone interested?  Here's the one he did for Sakuracon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5zLzlt4Ww
Could we also do the Kyoryuger dance(and maybe the Go-Busters dance if I can finish learning it in time?) XDD

Though I don't really know the Ninninger dance, but I can try learning it as well before con! ;n;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Angelx624

Quote from: hakurei on May 07, 2015, 10:05:07 PM
Quote from: Char350 on May 05, 2015, 02:17:26 PM
Hi hi,

I'm not seeing that much interest for a separate gathering, and this thread has been pretty dead... If I can get a count of how many people would actually want to have a secondary gathering (not just for Drive but for any other toku-related costumes) and meetup at a restaurant again then I can throw out some times, but for now, I'm gonna have to say no :-\ Sorry!
Aww, well, if there does end up being a second, due to recent circumstances, I just might be able to have Kitaoka from Kamen Rider Ryuki done in time and I might switch someone else from my list out and put him in.... and I was gonna be wearing him Saturday evening, but who knows. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I'll be part of the Shinkenger crew as Ryunosuke Ikenami.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

Fashwiing

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 08, 2015, 04:18:53 PM
Aww, well, if there does end up being a second, due to recent circumstances, I just might be able to have Kitaoka from Kamen Rider Ryuki done in time and I might switch someone else from my list out and put him in.... and I was gonna be wearing him Saturday evening, but who knows. XD

If you bring Kitaoka I swear to god I will find every single part of my Asakura cosplay and bring it.
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

Angelx624

Quote from: Fashwiing on May 09, 2015, 11:05:32 PM
Quote from: Angelx624 on May 08, 2015, 04:18:53 PM

If you bring Kitaoka I swear to god I will find every single part of my Asakura cosplay and bring it.
Now I'm more tempted to try and have him for Fanime...... xDDD;;;;;;; ALL I NEED IS A TRIP TO GOODWILL AND I SHOULD BE GOOD ahaha. It wouldn't be for the gathering though since I'm doing Yoko for that, but if any of us are hanging out as a second unofficial gathering later in the day I'll do Kitaoka then.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Fashwiing

Too bad I have no idea where 90% of my Masato cosplay is lol

Also folks quick FYI, I'm bringing my megaphone to the gathering for crowd control purposes. I'll be sure to warn people before I get on it so I don't startle anyone, but it's either the megaphone or I spend the rest of the day as a mute and I don't really like that second option lol
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

Angelx624

Quote from: Fashwiing on May 10, 2015, 11:09:35 PM
Too bad I have no idea where 90% of my Masato cosplay is lol

Also folks quick FYI, I'm bringing my megaphone to the gathering for crowd control purposes. I'll be sure to warn people before I get on it so I don't startle anyone, but it's either the megaphone or I spend the rest of the day as a mute and I don't really like that second option lol
Aww, it's ok ;-; Someday we'll do Go-Busters together! And yay megaphone~
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

hakurei

@Fashwiing: Megaphone would be excellent, thank you!! Thanks again for helping handle the yelling, too -- let me know if I can bring you water or anything later, pfft.

What would be the best time for everyone if we were to do a second meetup? 4 or 5pm? Or a bit earlier in the day like around 3? I don't have a Drive costume since I decided not to cash out for Kiriko's uniform just yet so I'll probably just cosplay Miu from Kamen Rider Fourze to both gatherings, unless I thrift something fast.
tumblr | facebook

Angelx624

Quote from: hakurei on May 11, 2015, 09:11:39 PM
@Fashwiing: Megaphone would be excellent, thank you!! Thanks again for helping handle the yelling, too -- let me know if I can bring you water or anything later, pfft.

What would be the best time for everyone if we were to do a second meetup? 4 or 5pm? Or a bit earlier in the day like around 3? I don't have a Drive costume since I decided not to cash out for Kiriko's uniform just yet so I'll probably just cosplay Miu from Kamen Rider Fourze to both gatherings, unless I thrift something fast.
Well, I have a shoot at 3, and my plan was to change after, 4pm might be good(I'd be cutting it a little close for Musicfest but that's ok xDD)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)