Kamen Rider x Super Sentai / Tokusatsu Gathering 2015

Started by hakurei, January 22, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

RedGxHenshin

Quote from: hakurei on February 02, 2014, 08:29:00 PM
I really wish Fanime put up their schedules earlier because it would make it way easier to plan. orz I'm thinking 11-12ish for the main gathering and 3-4pm for the Gaim meetup so that we have no chance of clashing with any evening events, but let me know what you guys think!

I'm not completely sure about how this works but I think u have to submit the gatherings, locations, and times to whoever manages the schedules for all the gatherings. it's best to call dibs on the time and location slots before other gatherings claim it.
Fanime 2016 cosplay line-up: Takeru Tenkuji (Kamen Rider Ghost), Sorey (Tales of Zestiria), Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

limDsage

I completely agree with this. How was the location were you guys in last year?

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

hakurei

Quote from: RedGxHenshin on February 02, 2014, 10:32:11 PM
I'm not completely sure about how this works but I think u have to submit the gatherings, locations, and times to whoever manages the schedules for all the gatherings. it's best to call dibs on the time and location slots before other gatherings claim it.

I'm planning on submitting right away whenever they do put up time slots and locations but I think you have to wait until February-ish for them to do that... If everyone can agree on a time early then I can have the information ready for when they do go up. :D I'm just worried about any potential conflicts with events but afaik most big events happen in the afternoon/evening anyway.

limDsage, I believe the location last year was outside near the construction area; construction is over now but the new outdoors plaza in front of the con center has a bunch of stairs and a neat sculpture that looks like it hopped right out of a Rider series, so I think that would be the best place to hold the gathering! I can snap a few photos if I'm ever in the area but here's a teeny picture I found on Google: [link]
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

limDsage

Quote from: hakurei on February 03, 2014, 03:00:22 AM
limDsage, I believe the location last year was outside near the construction area; construction is over now but the new outdoors plaza in front of the con center has a bunch of stairs and a neat sculpture that looks like it hopped right out of a Rider series, so I think that would be the best place to hold the gathering! I can snap a few photos if I'm ever in the area but here's a teeny picture I found on Google: [link]

Oh okay. Yeah, please do if you're in the area. Thanks :D

Angelx624

Quote from: hakurei on February 02, 2014, 08:29:00 PM
Quote from: lolchaos on February 02, 2014, 07:52:45 PM
hey guys i googled to see if this was a thing, and yup; it is. I would love to join your group

I have the following costumes done for rider/gaim
Kumon Kaito
Zack
Kureshima Takatora
Sengoku Ryouma

unforunately i will not be able to get bravo or gridon done in time. also its 50/50 if i can get sid done

Hi lolchaos! :D This isn't really a group where each person is cosplaying a different character per se (it's just working out that way atm) so feel free to wear whichever you feel like to the gathering! Just let me know which one you decide on so I can add you to the list. We're also having a Gaim meetup a few hours after the gathering if you're interested since it looks like most of your costumes are from Gaim!

I really wish Fanime put up their schedules earlier because it would make it way easier to plan. orz I'm thinking 11-12ish for the main gathering and 3-4pm for the Gaim meetup so that we have no chance of clashing with any evening events, but let me know what you guys think!
@lolchaos - I'd love if you could be my Zack for the Gaim meetup! Just saying though, it's really up to you who you want to cosplay as for it! ^^

And those times work for me! :3 Don't think I have anything else going on at those times. :O
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

CherryGeri

Last year's gathering was held in the small space between the Convention Center and.....whichever hotel it is that's on the left side? I always forget, but yeah there's that space between the two buildings and that's where we had the gathering. it was super cramped, but somehow we made it work ^^;

I don't know if they're changing the usual gathering locations due to the new, more spacious, courtyard in front, but I have a feeling doing it by that weird new metal tree looking thing out front might be a problem (because i know congoers like to congregate outside) unless they designate that area as a gathering spot. Or if that's where we do it i have a feeling we'll have to tell people to move haha XD; but i agree that it does look like something that you might see in a toku show so it'd definitely make for good photos!!

OH right, i'll probably be at the convention center this Saturday for a thing so i'll take some photos of the front and stuff.

as for the gathering i think noon sounds good! also 3 pm would probably be good for the Gaim meetup, that's definitely enough time for me to run back to my hotel room and change~
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

hakurei

I don't think getting people to move will be a huge problem since back when the fountain was around, there were gatherings going around all the time and people tend to form bubbles around them. I remember there being 3-4 gatherings happening around the fountain at once the year before they took it out and people chilling in the area just came around to watch :D I'd be surprised if they didn't designate the tree as a gathering spot since it's so easy to find, but I am kind of worried about competing for the space with other gatherings ;; we'll see how that goes. If not, there are still a ton of stairs to camp around!

Yay! Please take some nice pics, I only got to see it at night so I haven't really gotten a good look at the front either. I'm surprised there aren't any good pictures on Google images yet...

I'm putting up tentative times and locations for now just so people can plan around it if they need to, please let me know if anyone has a problem with them! Also, I made a tumblr post advertising the gathering: http://fattogami.tumblr.com/post/75449650486/kamen-rider-x-super-sentai-tokusatsu-gathering-2014
If any of you have tumblr followers who might be interested in the gathering and they don't check the forums or the FB group for some reason, please share! I'm trying to spread the word enough so that everyone who'd want to come will be aware that this is going on.
tumblr | facebook

Captain Marvelous

After some convincing by my friends that I could pull him off (and the fact that I largely already have the clothes to cosplay the character), I'll be joining the Gaim mini-meetup as Takatora.
Next Con
????

limDsage

Quote from: AShepard on February 07, 2014, 01:10:20 AM
After some convincing by my friends that I could pull him off (and the fact that I largely already have the clothes to cosplay the character), I'll be joining the Gaim mini-meetup as Takatora.

Another Takatora. Nice!

exploding-goats

Hi, I'll be definitely going as Kintaros from Den O. and I might later for the Gaim gathering go as fem gaim, but I'm not sure yet.

hakurei

Front page is updated! We have 20 people confirmed on the list!! :D

Unrelated to Fanime, but: anyone here going to the NorCal Spring Gathering? I'm trying to get familiar with everyone I can before the gathering so I'm not some strange entity running the gathering, especially since the toku community here mostly seems to know each other.
tumblr | facebook

limDsage

Quote from: hakurei on February 12, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
Front page is updated! We have 20 people confirmed on the list!! :D

Unrelated to Fanime, but: anyone here going to the NorCal Spring Gathering? I'm trying to get familiar with everyone I can before the gathering so I'm not some strange entity running the gathering, especially since the toku community here mostly seems to know each other.

I'm pretty sure I can go to the gathering, unless something changes on my sked. Likewise, I'm trying to get to know all the folks coming down for the meetup even though I crossed paths with some of them at JX.

pantsu

yo toku folks!  i'll be at this year's gathering (last year's was awesome!), HOPEFULLY as malshina from akibaranger.  i'll probably be at the gaim meet too, because i'm totally hooked on lock seeds.

is there going to be a toku panel this year?  i missed last year's but heard it was great...

might be at the norcal spring gathering, work depending.  i'm a bit new to the norcal scene...looking forward to it!
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

dexchu100

So excited for this. Im going as Kamen Rider Gaim (in the actual armor not out of armor kouta) I'll go to the mini gaim meet as well. Looking forward to seeing all of you fellow toku fan  ;)

dexchu100

Also, i notice a lot of gaim cosplayers so im looking forward to seeing all of you. I wanted to go as jinbei arms but i already made the orange armor aleady plus, i probably wont be able to move in that thing XD. Anyone going to cosplay as an armored rider? cause im hoping i wont be the only one  cosplaying as a armored rider.

Angelx624

I'll be at the Norcal gathering next month! :D

Also, idk about the toku panel, but I do plan to have a Super Sentai panel this year with SilverRanger501. ^^ We're changing things a bit this year, as last year we talked about Super Sentai vs Power Rangers, but this year wanted to focus on just Sentai. :)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

hakurei

Front page updated!

Yay!! Looking forward to meeting those of you who are going to the gathering! I won't be cosplaying from a toku series but I'll bring something so that people can identify me (probably a Gaim bag or lock seeds or something), so please say hi to me if you see me! (I tend to ramble a lot irl if I get excited so sorry in advance)

@dexchu100: Wooww, looking forward to seeing your suit at the gathering!! Having an armored rider at the mini meet will be super sweet for photos too. I would love to wear a Rider suit one day but I don't have the skills or the tools to make the helmet :(

@Angelx624: Let me know when you get the time slot/room for the panel and I'll put it on the front page! I think a lot of people here would be interested :D
tumblr | facebook

exploding-goats

Okay So I am going as Kintaros for gathering and fem gaim (armor gaim) for the mini gathering.

Angelx624

I will definitely share the info on when/where the panel is once all the panel stuff is up and running! (Apparently Fanime likes to be slow this year and thus panel submission forms aren't up yet :/ )
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

hakurei

@exploding-goats: Updated front page! See you there :D

@Angelx624: Yeah... Fanime seems to be getting slower every year x_x Hopefully they'll get their stuff up soon though! I'm looking forward to your Sentai panel because I'm still plowing through Rider atm and have not even begun to touch anything besides Gokaiger... sobs. (waiting eagerly for ToQger subs though)
tumblr | facebook