Question about Fanime Hotel Reservations

Started by dj_rainbow_dashy, January 24, 2014, 08:06:41 AM

dj_rainbow_dashy

Hey all, I have never done hotel reservations through Fanime- I had always gone off site, but! can anyone tell me if you pay upon making the reservation OR do you pay upon check in at the hotel?

SkaiRa1n

The credit card is just used to reserve your room, so you don't have to pay upon making the reservation.  When you first check in, you'll be paying for the security deposit only.  When you check-out, that's when you pay the rest of the hotel fee.

Edit: Sorry, this is the case for the Hyatt hotel and possibly others. But I read that other hotels may already take the security deposits a few weeks before the convention.

dj_rainbow_dashy

Quote from: SkaiRa1n on January 24, 2014, 10:12:28 AM
The credit card is just used to reserve your room, so you don't have to pay upon making the reservation.  When you first check in, you'll be paying for the security deposit only.  When you check-out, that's when you pay the rest of the hotel fee.

Thank you very much! Totally answered my question! :D

Yeah as I said I have never reserved through Fanime. I have always gone right to the hotel; I didnt know if they required the payment at the time of making reservation or not.

Anyhoo Is there any idea when the Hotel Reg will be up with Fanime?
And how quickly does it fill up?

phr34kish

No one knows, unfortunately. The dates keep getting pushed back farther and farther every year. Fanime announced on their twitter account a little while ago it would be "soon", but.. well... that's awfully vauge.

Hotels sell out VERY fast. Last year I believe it was literally just minutes. Gotta be sure to get on that quick if you want a good room selection - but Fanime will announce the day in advance. They won't surprise anyone with it.

athenaookami

Im just constantly refreshing my facebook and twitter account as well as their webpage I already made a just incase reservation for a hotel. : / i just hope I don't have to use that and can get  the housing :/ .
~~ simply crazy x_X~

FanFicGuru

It looks like the day has been announced at Feb 10th per their facebook page.

Definitely be ready to jump on the rooms ASAP. They do release them in waves so if they sell out initially don't despair! Or, maybe revisit your plans and find some roommates to help share the burden of cost.

:D
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Lantamoska

Does the Hilton have connecting rooms?  Our Anime Club wants to get 2 rooms connecting. Is this even possible?  Any advise for those that succeeded in getting this done?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Lantamoska on February 02, 2014, 11:35:26 PM
Does the Hilton have connecting rooms?  Our Anime Club wants to get 2 rooms connecting. Is this even possible?  Any advise for those that succeeded in getting this done?
You would have to speak directly to the hotel about a week before the con when you reserved your room. That's when Fanime Housing hands the reservation info to the hotels.