(21+) gathering 2014

Started by Lucifargundam, January 28, 2014, 12:31:11 AM

How would you like to attend?    (remember, it starts at Tanq)

Stay at Tanq
9 (64.3%)
Dive Bar
1 (7.1%)
Arcadia
1 (7.1%)
Agenda
1 (7.1%)
Gordon Biersch
1 (7.1%)
City Bar & Grill
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Captain Marvelous

I wouldn't mind going to this. I haven't gotten shitfaced since uni.

...seriously though, it sounds like a fun time!
Next Con
????

ash

Both sound fun so y not do both hahaha

limDsage

Just a reminder folks: If we are going to SmokeEaters on Friday, Beer's on me!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

starrdylan

If the everything works out as planned hopefully I will be able to join in.

thepsynergist

If it didn't take me 20 shots of vodka to get drunk, I'd consider getting drunk at a bar.  >.>

Lucifargundam

Quote from: echoshadow on February 03, 2014, 10:53:23 PM
Anyway I was thinking why not skip the bar and the $$ and do a room party. Well not really a party just hangout in a room and mingle.
Sounds good, but who supplies the room and alcohol?  Whoever supplies the room inevitably would then take responsibility for whatever happens in the room, so not alot of people would volunteer.  If it's BYOB, then people would have to bring stuff with them along with any/all their luggage to their own rooms.

Quote from: echoshadow on February 03, 2014, 10:53:23 PM
I already done a few room party's and they all turned out petty chill. This year my room mates will be shooting for a suite, hopefully. As far as the drink of choice we had enough liquor for 3-4 popular cocktails, margaritas, Long Island ice teas, AMF, etc..
If you're cool to have people chill out at your suite, that'd be perfect.  As far as drinks, are you hosting?

Quote from: echoshadow on February 04, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
Well the problem with that from last years attempt was, everyone is a cheap bastard, and no one wants to walk 3+ blocks, nor spend more than $10 for drinks
Last year I spent about $50 in one night :/ Wasn't drunk afterward.

Quote from: limDsage on February 03, 2014, 11:10:38 PM
I am cool with the room party. However yeah, space and noise is a factor that we must consider. I also like the idea of us gathering at a bar/food joint socializing and eating like there's no tomorrow. :p
Another reason why alot of people wouldn't want to host in their rooms.  I've heard in the past that hotels have called cops due to repeated noise complaints, but that could just be rumor.  Drunk people tend to be loud :/  Eating at smokeeaters is an awesome idea and should definitely be implemented early/mid duration.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Silent Vengeance

if its room party couldnt you charge like $5-$10 a person?? should help cover the cost of alcohol. although someone would still need to supply a suite.
Shinichigo Shiro (Danganronpa)

Admiral Donuts

Some advice: room parties tend to get out of hand, but if you do a big of pre-drinking in the room and kick everyone out fairly early it can help get things started.

echoshadow

Lol I know what works and what doesn't at a room party. This is not my first rodeo. The key is to be mature about it. It's not a room PARTY! It's  more of a chill/fun/mingle, actual conversations gathering that happens to be in a hotel room. If you want to really party! Then that's what the bar/club is for.

Although  the trouble does start when some one brings a kareoke game or wii sports game. Laugher is what gets you attention you don't want. The worst I ever saw was the hotel charged and extra $200 for clean up. Then again it wasn't a party! Party! Just a few dozen people and dropped sodas on the carpet, and lots of trash.  But it had complaints all 4 days. Then again some rumors are exaggerated so as not to try them, and for good reason. 

Yeah I'm thinking about it, that all depends if we get a suite or not, or what location our rooms is.
If it's my room party I never charge, and I supply my own liquor depends what the drink theme is. But some people do chip in/bring a bottle or two and that's cool. But I won't say if it's a go or not till a few days before the con.

$50 and didn't get buzzed/drunk? Well like a buddy of mine said, "you don't order dinner at bar."
It usually helps to have dinner first then go drinking after.  And come one now, beer? It's ok I guess but I don't like to hit the head every hour.

20 shots of vodka to get drunk? I don't even know what to say about that. I guess the only thing I can say is find that medium where you have a good time and wake up happy the next day, not hating life, and hung over. 
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

thepsynergist

To be fair, that's how much it took to have me pass out.  15 is for a really nice buzz; also, I never really had a hangover, as long as I drink water while I drink.

Which bars are the closest to the Con?  I've never been to bars in San Jose.

heeroyuy135

I'm planning on drinking on Thursday over at Tanq for Day Zero, then over at SmokeEaters with the Forum peeps on Friday (cashing in on limDsage's beer offer). Saturday is wide open for me, although I have something happening at midnight so I can pre-game around 10pm-ish then come back around 2am-ish for Round 2.

echoshadow

Quote from: thepsynergist on March 20, 2014, 10:43:22 PM

Tanq is the closest, but it's also the most expensive one. There's a a couple of hole in the wall sports bars a block and a half down south from McDonald's. I been there it's meh, but ok I guess.

Most of the better bars/clubs are all 3 1/2 - 4 blocks away. To give your a better idea it's 2-3 blocks up from Jack in the Box. Pretty much everything is north of E. San Fernando St. It's a good walk last time it took about 25 minutes at a slow pace.  Also about the same distance as Smoke Eaters.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

starrdylan

As long as we onto have a hotel room party I am game for meeting upon at any pub in the area

Siennea

If I go, I'm interested! Has it all been decided already?

limDsage

Quote from: Siennea on March 23, 2014, 09:37:01 AM

Not yet fully. Still trying to figure out what Lucifar wants to do.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: limDsage on March 23, 2014, 02:55:09 PM

So far the votes seem to come in as staying at the Tanq. A room party is nice, but that's up to Echo. Either way, meeting at the Tanq first is a definite.
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 20, 2014, 11:10:52 PM
I'm planning on drinking on Thursday over at Tanq for Day Zero, then over at SmokeEaters with the Forum peeps on Friday (cashing in on limDsage's beer offer). Saturday is wide open for me, although I have something happening at midnight so I can pre-game around 10pm-ish then come back around 2am-ish for Round 2.
I'll be there Thursday as well.
Quote from: echoshadow on March 21, 2014, 06:58:27 AM
Quote from: thepsynergist on March 20, 2014, 10:43:22 PM

Tanq is the closest, but it's also the most expensive one. There's a a couple of hole in the wall sports bars a block and a half down south from McDonald's. I been there it's meh, but ok I guess.

Most of the better bars/clubs are all 3 1/2 - 4 blocks away. To give your a better idea it's 2-3 blocks up from Jack in the Box. Pretty much everything is north of E. San Fernando St. It's a good walk last time it took about 25 minutes at a slow pace.  Also about the same distance as Smoke Eaters.
I hate walking :/ I'm considering having one of those bicycle cart guys take me if absolutely needed. But then again, it's only 5 blocks... but 25 min? meh.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

DigitalDAF

Quote from: limDsage on March 23, 2014, 02:55:09 PM

I have no idea, but I'd be interested in going.
Lucifargundam please post what the plan is on the first post.

The Doctor

So here I am, late to this, and wondering; this is totally a thing now? This is happening?

limDsage

It seems like Lucifar hasn't been around the forums as much.

But it does seems like people want to meet up at TanQ, so I guess that's where the main spot will be for the gathering...

EJAY420

Im def down for drinks. I might a break from smoking.

Most Impressive.