Can I have the name under me and use my friend's credit card if he is present?

Started by Ariel Ningyo, January 29, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Ariel Ningyo

So basically me and some friends are planning to get rooms for our anime club and we were wondering if we can have the hotel under our names however we are 16/17 so could we have the rooms under our names or does my friend with the credit card have to have his name on the room? :P
Fanime Cosplay Schedule TBD

Kyra_Maverick

I believe all the Fanime hotels requires the one booking to be 18+, some might even be 21+.

Ariel Ningyo

So would it be fine if my friend (since he is 18) books the room and checks in the room for us?

kookiekween99

You must be 18 to reserve a room in your name. The other people in the room may be any age, but there must be at least one adult.

As someone who has reserved rooms for an anime club before, here is my advice: For each room you reserve, use the name of at least one adult in your room (even if that adult will not be actually physically staying in that room). That adult must be present at check in.

Say I've got eight people to find housing for, Dom, Joe, Bill, Lauren, Caitlynn, Steve, Mackenzie, and Jacob. Bill and Steve are both full fledged adults. The rest are 16-17. They want to be divided up by gender. In reality, the rooms will be:

Room A:DomCaitlynnMackenzieLauren
Room B:BillJoeSteveJacob

But when signing up for hotels, I put down the names like this:

Room A:SteveCaitlynnMackenzieLauren
Room B:BillJoeDomJacob
... which puts an adult in each room. As long as Steve and Bill are both present at check in, it doesn't matter which room they actually sleep in.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

kookiekween99

Quote from: MermaidDrummer4ever on January 29, 2014, 08:19:38 PM
So would it be fine if my friend (since he is 18) books the room and checks in the room for us?

(I just realized my explanation above is probably way more complicated than was necessary)

Yes. His name must be on the room, he must be 18+, and he must be present at check in.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

echoshadow

Quote from: MermaidDrummer4ever on January 29, 2014, 08:19:38 PM
Yes, that would save you headaches down the road.

No worries kookiekween I understood you perfectly. That was the best example anyone has come up with.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Ariel Ningyo

Thank you! Your replys were really helpful and now I just have one more question. Do we have to include the number of people in the rooms we book? I'm asking because we have members in the club we want to go but are still unsure due to financial problems and such.

echoshadow

Well, hotel policy say that there can only be 4 people in a room..so I would only put down 4 names.

As we all know and I'm sure hotel knows, there are always more people that stay in a room. So even if you add more people later or not it shouldn't matter. You can always change the names later. Just stick with the names that are going.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

DangerHeart

I've never had to add everyone's name in the room to the room booking itself, I just state that four people will be occupying the room and that seems to be all that's needed.