Cosplay Spectacular 2014 Question

Started by Dathamster, January 31, 2014, 03:08:55 PM

Dathamster

Hello! My friend and I are planning on entering the cosplay spectacular., but what we'd like to know is what day it will be held on (saturday or sunday)? Last year it was on sunday, but we would like to know in advance so we can plan our schedules. If anyone has any information to share, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
Plans for fanime 2014
Sat- Tsumiki Mikan, Ren (DMMD)
Sun- Sasha Blouse, 3am Jade at the starlight ball

Angelx624

I would love to know, myself. But I have a feeling it'll be on Sunday, again.

My friend and I also have a skit planned. And this time we definitely plan to do it. ;n; We just need a couple more people for it and we'll be set! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

reimijahanna

I would also like to know what day it will be held on. However in addition to this, when are the masquerade sign ups going to be online?

wolfdaemon

From all the years that I have been to the convention, the masquerade has been on the Sunday of the convention.  I'm sure that they'll keep with this tradition.

Dathamster

Thanks for the input guys! I'll plan for it being on sunday then. I hope to see you there Angel! ^w^ And reimi, I really want to know when the sign ups will be available too! :(
Plans for fanime 2014
Sat- Tsumiki Mikan, Ren (DMMD)
Sun- Sasha Blouse, 3am Jade at the starlight ball

Anix

The other thing to remember is there is a mandatory practice typically, but it's been to long for me to remember when that was held.
We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

Angelx624

Yup, as long as we can recruit the people we need for said skit, then we should be good to go! :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

TruePoindexter

Quote from: Anix on February 18, 2014, 01:19:15 PM
The other thing to remember is there is a mandatory practice typically, but it's been to long for me to remember when that was held.

There wasn't one last year but last year also didn't go over well.

UsakoMinako

As Masquerade has gone in the past, it has toggled between Saturday and Sunday, but remains Sunday for the majority to keep top billing bands in the auditorium for prime time Saturday night events.

Optional rehearsal is open usually around 1-2pm til 3 or 4pm to get your team familiar with stage. That is not mandatory. What IS mandatory is the 5pm meeting to go over procedures of the show and stage. Hopefully we will have a standard structure like this again.  ;D

PrincessSquib

Hi~!

I was in the cosplay spectacular last year, the Nintendo Burlesque, as well as the past two years.
Though I believe it will be on Sunday, as it has been the past few years, its the time that my not be the same. Every year (besides last year) the call time for the show has been 5:00, with the show starting at 7:00. Last year, however, the call time was 3:00. That threw a wrench in my plans... I also feel that the band was on the unnecessary side. It all depends on if they want to have another band this year. Just be prepared to give your entire Sunday to this Cosplay Spectacular, and my group and I will see you there.

Princess Squib
Cosplay Group: Sailor Moon Burlesque
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

rynn

Have there been any announcements regarding who is in charge of running the masquerade this year? I know there was talk of the old team (2012 and prior) coming back, though I don't know if that was ever confirmed. Does anyone have any updates? I know, at least for my group, it is the primary factor in whether or not we participate again this year.

Thanks!

PrincessSquib

I believe Marissa has retired for a little bit. She was the head in 2012. I'm not even sure who the head was last year. I've heard nothing concrete as of yet. It's all speculation.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

rynn

Can a moderator/admin shed some light on when we will learn who is heading up the department? Will an official announcement be made?

PrincessSquib

Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

SquishyK

Quote from: PrincessSquib on March 10, 2014, 12:33:04 PM
Hi~!

I was in the cosplay spectacular last year, the Nintendo Burlesque, as well as the past two years.
Though I believe it will be on Sunday, as it has been the past few years, its the time that my not be the same. Every year (besides last year) the call time for the show has been 5:00, with the show starting at 7:00. Last year, however, the call time was 3:00. That threw a wrench in my plans... I also feel that the band was on the unnecessary side. It all depends on if they want to have another band this year. Just be prepared to give your entire Sunday to this Cosplay Spectacular, and my group and I will see you there.

Princess Squib
Cosplay Group: Sailor Moon Burlesque

I just wanted to say, you guys were awesome last year XD so looking forward to seeing you again this year!
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

SquishyK

p.s. I agree the band did seem a bit unnecessary. They were really good but if they had anything to do with anime it was never clearly stated (in past years there have been opening performances but always linked in some way to anime and the japanese culture which I really liked). Since they have MusicFest I'm not sure why they felt the need to include yet another band in the Masquerade program.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

TruePoindexter

Quote from: rynn on March 10, 2014, 05:54:36 PM
Have there been any announcements regarding who is in charge of running the masquerade this year? I know there was talk of the old team (2012 and prior) coming back, though I don't know if that was ever confirmed. Does anyone have any updates? I know, at least for my group, it is the primary factor in whether or not we participate again this year.

Thanks!

I've been inquiring but I haven't heard anything yet.

PrincessSquib

UPDATE: Just posted by magicman in this forum under COSPLAY MASQUERADE 2014:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up about Registration for Masquerade. We will be accepting applications on March 29th, 2014. Any submissions prior will not be answered until the 29th. Rules and Regulations will be posted as soon as possible.

If you have any problems with Registration for Masquerade, you can send an email to [email protected] with:

Name
Contact Info
Skit Name
Group Name
Any other specifics about your Skit/Walk-on (i.e. lighting, stage ninjas, sound, etc.)
Please be sure to attach your sound file in the email as well so we can get that all squared away early.

A confirmation email will be sent back to you with the forms needed for entry into Masquerade.

If you have any other questions, you can send an email to [email protected].

Thanks for your patience
~*~From Masquerade Team~*~
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Erik_anderson

Hi All,

Yes to confirm, the Competition is Sunday, the curtain rises at 4:00pm (This is a new time) at the San Jose Civic Auditorium. Located directly accords the street from the San Jose Convention Center.   

Prior to the competition, starting Friday, there will be a practice stage, official photography, Sound check, repair table and work space in the San Jose Marriott Willow Glen Ballroom; Just across the park from the Civic Auditorium.

I will have posts for the Facilities and Stage configuration information in another topic.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
An evil so refined that it knows which fork to use... but chooses not to.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~

PrincessSquib

Thank you so much! :D

Princess Squib Cosplay
-A.K.A. Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon Burlesque Group
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz