Registration for Attendee FAQ for 2014 - updated as of [5/20/2014]

Started by SOawesomeness, February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

Kuudere

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 04, 2014, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Group Registration
Q: What is Group Registration?
A: It is online registration for groups of 2 or more people. This is so that someone can pay collectively. There is no group discount.

Q: Do we get discounts?
A: There are no discounts for group registration.

Q: Who can pick up the collective group's badges? What does the leader need to pick up the badges?
A: Only the group leader can pick up the badges. No one else may pick up the group's badges — this is to prevent theft. The leader must have either a valid student ID or a valid government-issued photo ID during pick-up, otherwise no one can pick up their badges. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE BADGES TO THE GROUP MEMBERS. Any lost badges will result in a re-print fee.

Q: Is there a group size for Group Registration?
A: No. If you have single memberships and would like to create a group, please fill out the form at r.fanime.com/groups in order to have your memberships merged into a group using your confirmaton code found after payment.

Quoting this because so many people had issues with the changes to group reg this year.

r.fanime.com isn't up yet, unfortunately.

Wow, thanks for quoting that. I probably wouldn't have noticed that change. Time to merge some accounts so my boyfriend can take care of hotel stuff while I get the badges.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Kuudere on May 04, 2014, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 04, 2014, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Group Registration
Q: What is Group Registration?
A: It is online registration for groups of 2 or more people. This is so that someone can pay collectively. There is no group discount.

Q: Do we get discounts?
A: There are no discounts for group registration.

Q: Who can pick up the collective group's badges? What does the leader need to pick up the badges?
A: Only the group leader can pick up the badges. No one else may pick up the group's badges — this is to prevent theft. The leader must have either a valid student ID or a valid government-issued photo ID during pick-up, otherwise no one can pick up their badges. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE BADGES TO THE GROUP MEMBERS. Any lost badges will result in a re-print fee.

Q: Is there a group size for Group Registration?
A: No. If you have single memberships and would like to create a group, please fill out the form at r.fanime.com/groups in order to have your memberships merged into a group using your confirmaton code found after payment.

Quoting this because so many people had issues with the changes to group reg this year.

r.fanime.com isn't up yet, unfortunately.

Wow, thanks for quoting that. I probably wouldn't have noticed that change. Time to merge some accounts so my boyfriend can take care of hotel stuff while I get the badges.

Awesome! Yes, thank you Admiral Donuts for bringing this to our attention.  I just completed the form - much more convenient as it means my girlfriend doesn't have to worry about getting downtown to pick up her badge on Thursday as I can take care of it for the both of us, like I have years before.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

SOawesomeness

Quote from: admyr_777 on May 04, 2014, 11:14:40 AM
I have been trying to do online registration, but have had no luck since it seems the registration page is being updated.  The thing is the page said the new registration page will be open on May 3rd.  It has already past and no luck.  Is there an ETA for the registration page?
Sorry about that- we've been having technical difficulties with some aspects of it. We should have it 100% up and running at latest by Tuesday- though it depends on when we can get our email service completely up.

It has been intermittently on and off though, as of the 3rd.

Sorry about the inconvenience- and thank you so much for your patience!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

DangerHeart

Any estimate of when the E-Postcard will be emailed out for badge pick up? And will it be like in previous years with the entire groups information it or will they be emailed individually?

brohamjeff

kookiekween99

Well, since the last day to make changes to your group is May 13, I'd hazard a guess that the postcards will go out some time after that.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

SOawesomeness

We're going to try to have the e-postcards sent out sooner than that but ultimately, it may be a few days after May 13th given that we will have to make a significant amount of changes that people have requested already.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

funsi

So if I buy a one-day badge online, can I pick up my badge in the "paid online registration" line?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: funsi on May 07, 2014, 10:30:56 PM
So if I buy a one-day badge online, can I pick up my badge in the "paid online registration" line?

I think so. When you go to reg there will probably be two lines, one for buying badges and one for picking up.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: funsi on May 07, 2014, 10:30:56 PM
Yes, you will be able to.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

ericho5

I got a question about group reg.
Since the new update, i can't get the list of people i already have in my group before the update and if i had already paid for them. The system from earlier was a bit easier to get the information but this update wont let me see it. I also forgot the confirmation code because my email deletes any old email that is over 2 months old.
Can you help me?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: ericho5 on May 12, 2014, 02:11:17 AM
I got a question about group reg.
Since the new update, i can't get the list of people i already have in my group before the update and if i had already paid for them. The system from earlier was a bit easier to get the information but this update wont let me see it. I also forgot the confirmation code because my email deletes any old email that is over 2 months old.
Can you help me?
Please go to r.fanime.com and use the request confirmation e-mail tool. There your confirmation code and group roster will be listed on the email that will be sent to you.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

snowbunnie

this has probably been answered so many times BUT I'll ask anyway lol

If you have a group registration do ALL the group members have to be there? I'm the leader for our group and I have my sister as a follower but she has finals on thursday and can't come to day zero to pick up her badge so I was wondering if she needed to be there or not...

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: snowbunnie on May 13, 2014, 09:51:01 PM
this has probably been answered so many times BUT I'll ask anyway lol

If you have a group registration do ALL the group members have to be there? I'm the leader for our group and I have my sister as a follower but she has finals on thursday and can't come to day zero to pick up her badge so I was wondering if she needed to be there or not...

No, only the group leader has to be there.

raininshadows

Clockwork Alchemy lists their preregistration pickup times on Thursday as 5 to 8. Are the 3-to-8 times I'm seeing everywhere else for Fanime pickup only, or will Clockwork Alchemy be allowing pickup starting at 3? Thanks!

DangerHeart

Quote from: raininshadows on May 14, 2014, 09:39:51 AM
Clockwork Alchemy lists their preregistration pickup times on Thursday as 5 to 8. Are the 3-to-8 times I'm seeing everywhere else for Fanime pickup only, or will Clockwork Alchemy be allowing pickup starting at 3? Thanks!

Yes I think they have different times. I'd contact CA's reg department if you want to make sure.

Admiral Donuts

Where are they listing it?

SquishyK

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 14, 2014, 11:21:17 AM

Where are they listing it?

Um, on the ClockworkAlchemy reg page: http://www.clockworkalchemy.com/#/essentials/reg
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

matthewlow

Apologize if I missed this, but is it too late to change group leaders? Another member of my group is going to make it down to SJ before I will, and with now knowing that we can pick up at either location, I'd assume he can get through the Fanime line starting at 3 before my planned 6 PM arrival for Clockwork's line. Thanks!