Registration for Attendee FAQ for 2014 - updated as of [5/20/2014]

Started by SOawesomeness, February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: matthewlow on May 18, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
Apologize if I missed this, but is it too late to change group leaders? Another member of my group is going to make it down to SJ before I will, and with now knowing that we can pick up at either location, I'd assume he can get through the Fanime line starting at 3 before my planned 6 PM arrival for Clockwork's line. Thanks!
You will be able to, up to... let's say like Tuesday at the latest but note that the later you request it, the less and less likely we will be able to fulfill your request as we will be moving on-site and be preparing for that.

GET YOUR REQUESTS IN, PEOPLE!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

SOawesomeness

Hi all,

We've updated some information on the FAQ:

You may now purchase single-day memberships and other badge types slightly earlier than before:

Full Weekend: until May 24th, 6 pm
Friday: only May 23rd, 12:01 am - 6 pm
Saturday: May 23rd, 8:30 pm - May 24th, 6 pm
Sunday: May 24th, 8:30 pm - May 25th, 6 pm
Monday: May 25th, 8:30 pm - May 26th, 11 am
Half Weekend (Sunday and Monday):  May 24th, 8:30 pm - May 25th, 6 pm

Note that these hours are when Registration closes for the day. If for some reason Reg is still open and you purchase a single day membership (for example) for Saturday but you come on Friday, we will turn you away. If you purchase a Friday only membership at (for example) 5:59pm and somehow get delayed and do not come to pick up your badge the same day after 7pm when we close, we will turn you away. We will, however, give you the option to come back the next day and upgrade your Friday membership to a Saturday one if you are willing to pay the difference. Our policy still is that we do not offer refunds or transfers of membership regardless of if the badge is redeemed or not.

Thanks all!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

SOawesomeness

Hi all,

We have made another change to the FAQ:

Clockwork Alchemy Registration Hours
Thursday: 5pm – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday: 8am – 8pm
Sunday: 8am – 8pm
Monday: 8am – 12pm

Thanks!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Printsheep

Hi, I wanted some clarification about buying badges on site.

I want to buy a Friday only badge...so it's possible to buy a Friday badge from 12:01am until 6pm that day?

Also, if I want to attend on Sunday and I already have a Friday only badge, can I use the Special Registration line to upgrade?

kookiekween99

Quote from: Printsheep on May 21, 2014, 03:30:13 PM

I want to buy a Friday only badge...so it's possible to buy a Friday badge from 12:01am until 6pm that day?

Also, if I want to attend on Sunday and I already have a Friday only badge, can I use the Special Registration line to upgrade?

If you're planning to attend both Friday and Sunday, it's cheaper to buy a weekend badge than it it to individually buy Friday and Sunday badges.

As for the other questions, I'll let the Reg Goddess get those.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Printsheep

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 21, 2014, 03:35:18 PM
Quote from: Printsheep on May 21, 2014, 03:30:13 PM

If you're planning to attend both Friday and Sunday, it's cheaper to buy a weekend badge than it it to individually buy Friday and Sunday badges.

As for the other questions, I'll let the Reg Goddess get those.
I'm actually going to be volunteering, so it will be better for me to volunteer ten hours than volunteer 20 hours to compensate for a full weekend badge. Thank you, though!

koella

Hi, I'm thinking of picking up my pre-reg badge today and I wanted to know if I happen to still be in line by the time badge pick up is supposed to be over, will I be turned away? Or will they cut off the line at that point but still let the people who are already in line pick up their badges?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: koella on May 22, 2014, 12:47:19 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up my pre-reg badge today and I wanted to know if I happen to still be in line by the time badge pick up is supposed to be over, will I be turned away? Or will they cut off the line at that point but still let the people who are already in line pick up their badges?

You won't be turned away once you're in line.

svatoid

Registration opened befoer noon. I was in and out in 15 minutes!!!

Freud

Do you need to print out the email? What if you have it on your phone? My friend is in line and she didn't print out anything.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Freud on May 22, 2014, 02:00:29 PM
Do you need to print out the email? What if you have it on your phone? My friend is in line and she didn't print out anything.

I believe Reg said that as long as you turn your phone up to full brightness they may be able to scan the QR code.  You will need photo ID regardless.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

cassz

Quote from: Freud on May 22, 2014, 02:00:29 PM

At Doubletree, they were able to scan the QR code from my iPhone.

kanu_knl

I'm bringing my cousins who dont have photo ID. Is it possible for them to go? Can I register as the group leader and bring them in?
Thanks

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: kanu_knl on May 24, 2014, 09:13:31 PM
I'm bringing my cousins who dont have photo ID. Is it possible for them to go? Can I register as the group leader and bring them in?
Thanks

If you're group leader you will get all the badges.